What's new

Beginner friendly character to main?

Whose got the best breakdown

I'm bad don't know frame traps all that stuff

Using stick to I've played mkx and ij2 but not much I cant grasp this game

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
To me, if you are beginning a game, you want a fairly standard character which you would find in any fighting game. They may not end up your main, but they are good for getting a feel for the game.

When I start a new fighter, I go for someone with an decent standard projectile (nothing looping etc), some sort of generic forward move advancing move, ok movement, some ok buttons. The character does not need to be the best one out there. When you are new, you do not need to bother yourself with the more technical parts of the game - just learn how the game feels first and then you can test out the cast to find your main.

For me, Liu Kang and maybe Johnny Cage (oddly) fit this description for me in MK11. I'm even using Johnny for the first time ever to get me used to the feel of MK11!

MK 11 has a fantastic tutorial, so that will help you a heap too!

every character is easy.
they all got 1 or 2 bnb combos. learn those and learn how to defend and when to use ur combo string

Scorpion and baraka, i learned the most of what they can do in just 2 days during the stress test without practice mode just playing online matches

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Baraka is likely the easiest character to pick up. Easy specials to cancel into, and easy ways to punish people. Jax hunker down variation is also good if you plan on getting better because you can wash button mashers with his button strings.

Kabal and Baraka are pretty easy. Liu Kang is surprisingly harder then expected. His midscreen combos require dash cancel. Sub-zero is also more difficult then expected but i would still say he is a decent beginner character. You could also try Jax and Kano. Both seem to be relatively simple. I haven't tried Scorpion yet so i can't comment on him. But if history is a indicator he should be a beginner character aswell.