What's new

Battle Arena Week 3 Winners Announced -- Gameplay footage is LIVE!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I also made a new battle arena 3 thread thats labeled MK free and allows theoryfighting for those sick of this.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Ok here are my few opinions on these videos
GL vs SG

Grundy looks awesome, but I wish he made less hulk noises. His ex wakeup throw had armor, let him throw the opponent in to the corner, wall bounced, let him get 4 hits, and then let him do 3 more throws. His anti air, which is a really fast, huge hit box pimp slap, turned in to 3 throws alone. So don't go anywhere near Grundy. Ever.

GL wasn't that fun to watch if you were just looking for special moves, but I don't think he looks like much of a zoner. I thought he looked more like a brawler who just uses the ring to extend his combos. His chain gun move was pretty sweet, though. I think his dash move where he holds on to a jet engine is going to be pretty good. You can use it like a square wave, but you can use it low to the ground, too. I hope you can cancel it, then it'll be an awesome tool. It looks like GL is going to have some ermac moves, too. He definitely grabs people out of the air like ermac, We'll just have to see if he also has one that grabs people on the ground.

C vs A

I don't know if there's much more to be said about cyborg, he's been one of the most disected characters since his reveal.

Aquaman on the other hand is, in my opinion, being pretty unfairly glossed over. I'm not an Aquaman fan. At all. I'm definitely one of the many people who make fun of him on a regular basis, but this trailer has made me a firm believer in, at least, this version of him. I watched the trailer pretty closely and I really really don't think he is getting owned at all. Cyborg is jumping around a lot, and zip lining a lot, and throwing lots of projectiles; but if you pay attention not very much is actually hitting aquaman. Between blocking, sheer missing, and Aquaman's anti projectile move Cyborg is mostly just building meter during most of the match. As for Aquaman's move set, there are a lot of really nice gems that I think are going completely unnoticed. Look at how freaking fast this launcher is at 0:32. That launcher is definitely going to be the workhorse of that character. It's shown again at 1:50 and not only is it fast but it's a low starter! Then he's also got this even faster launcher that has a hit box that reaches around his head like Rain or Ermac's uppercut. They didn't show anything about his "hydro boost" but I'm guessing it could be like Jade's glow or any of the other character's buff moves. If it is like Jade's glow then there would have to be a difference between it and the other anti projectile move. Maybe one builds meter when it get's hit, or life. There are also these hell spikes to consider. I mean, how good are those with freddy? I'm pretty sure they're going to be just as good here. I also thought the super was pretty sweet, and I love the trident sounds; they make every hit feel all the more satisfying.

Those are just my opinions based on what I saw.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE SHARK'S TEETH??!?!? ARE WE REALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT? jesus.....

Anyway, this shit was great. Grundy looks strong. That super armor is unreal. Cyborg looks like Spencer on roids. Can't WAIT to play this game.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Good point, it could be a decrepit Wayne Manor if Bruce is forced to go underground.

Oh no, sorry. The question was for you, the rest was a general statement. Regardless, Kabals zoning can be overcome by just about any viable character and not just "dash into him", NDC is a much harder tool to deal with.
Lol ok cool I thought so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting blown up for no reason. The thing about both areas for Kabal is if you know how to handle it things get way easier, especially for certain characters...like mine for example. I know exactly where to poke out of NDC pressure with both Jax and Reptile because I took the time to learn how to open up wholes and poke. IAGB's aren't as good as they are because just because of the fact that he is zoning you and you have to get in. You can't jump, you can't counterzone, so therefore you are forced to go in which at any point while you are doing this Kabal can come in and pressure. I think it is as good as it is because it allows Kabal to keep control of the pace of the match, and it lures opponent's into favorable situations on all fronts.

Two characters that I fully underestimated impressed me; Solomon Grundy and Cyborg. Both looked way more capable than the characters that beat them. Cyborg had great zoning mixups as well as spacing footsies and Grundy is like nothing else Ive seen (ultra armor, grapple combos, a zoning type ground grab).

Aquaman looks like he has the one combo and his super along with the ground spike deal. I think his water shield would be more interesting if I hadn't seen just about every character do something similar. And once again I prove to myself that expectations are a great way to set myself up for disappointment; Green Lantern: how many ways can he re-dress the same zoning projectile? Slow normals. Slow chargable unique attacks...Just an overall lack of variety. I wanted so badly for him to be the spiritual successor to Ermac but I suppose I will have to look elsewhere.

All in all I'm digging these fights. Such a cool way for NRS to build hype in the FGC. Can't wait till release day!

Reedoms

Noob
hmm Guy and John arent in GL's ending so im thinking they might be alts, maybe even Kyle unless that supposed to be him in back
Guy's at the very top. You can see his jacket pretty clearly. Kyle might be the one near Kilowog and Hal that you can hardly see. and John could possibly be the guy above Chummak. The rest of them are established GL's that I know of already.