What's new

Tech Batter-up! -- Harley mixups for 1.03

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Only use SS~f2 if you know they aren't going to wakeup attack or backdash. Other than that it's pretty free, it beats anything 6f or slower (without armor of course) and they still get hit if they jump out. If they BD then they get hit by the 2nd hit of f23.

EDIT: Tested some and if you cancel 112 ender into SS then f23 on the 1st frame then it seems you can't backdash the f2, at least vs another Harley. Needs further testing.
Safe to say J3 and 1,1,2 are good SS,F2 opportunities then since both are hard knockdown?

Brahma

Noob
I use it off of 112 combo ender, which is what I end pretty much everything with. In the corner 112 ender canceled into SS crosses them up.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
112 SS into throw/low(b22)/overhead(f2) from overhead you can go to 3 into trait, 3 into SS then mix-up/combo, or into TS then combo. This is her main toolI use and been using.

If you want to land more 112 ender into SS, F2 then use SS, TS(1 or 2) a few times to condition the low block. They will look for your SS-TS thats when your F2 becomes a lil more viable.

On regards to deathstroke, just 112 ender into SS. He will think its a setup and wakeup sword flip, just bait and punish.

For green lantern, 112 ender into SS then NJ2 makes wakeup lanterns might (lift) whiff. If he doesnt do it then you got a crossup anyway. Oddly, 1/5 times or so lanterns might will grab you from behind green lantern.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
Also important to note is that any quick 2 hit move like Aqua scoop, Deathstroke guns, etc. will beat both the f dash options and the MB armor. All characters can wait for the f3 release and b3 MB through it too.
Added option 6 that deals with what to do if the opponent is trained to react to MBF3/dash followup.

Also, since post-F3 oki became a major point of discussion in this thread, i added a paragraph on oki options as well.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
112 SS into throw/low(b22)/overhead(f2) from overhead you can go to 3 into trait, 3 into SS then mix-up/combo, or into TS then combo. This is her main toolI use and been using.
Anyone with a ranged wake-up will be able to punish your trait use after f2,3. You can only use this in specific match-ups without ranged wake-up of a certain speed.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
Anyone with a ranged wake-up will be able to punish your trait use after f2,3. You can only use this in specific match-ups without ranged wake-up of a certain speed.
Even then those without a ranged wake-up are those you might not want to let get in anyway. Trait is like F2, you'll get away with using it maybe once on YOLO factor but then it's useless.

We should just forget about the button altogether.

cpmd4

Even then those without a ranged wake-up are those you might not want to let get in anyway. Trait is like F2, you'll get away with using it maybe once on YOLO factor but then it's useless.

We should just forget about the button altogether.
Very true. Even if you get trait off there are many characters that will force you to block immediately following it, they are now in your face (and, though I'm not sure off-hand, some of them may even be plus allowing them to pressure you).

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Harley's 112 in the corner can lead to a guaranteed b2,2 if they try d1 cuz of the pushback.

Same with say like d1, walk back a little, b2,2. Same with b+3, slightest walk back b2,2 ( depends on chars d1 hitbox ofc)

KamkaziChicila

From my testing no one can, I would love to know which wakes ups punish f2 3. Please enlighten me.

cpmd4

From my testing no one can, I would love to know which wakes ups punish f2 3. Please enlighten me.
Off-hand I know WW's tiara, Nightwing's flying grayson in staff and Joker's gun can punish it. Probably quite a few more.

Some characters can't at all, like Flash and Lex.

Any corner combo ended is PD leads to a pretty free grab. At the end of a PD animation they have 3 frames to push a 6 frame button to poke you out. D1-TS is another option but i believe an opponent has a higher chance of blocking that than breaking a throw. Also, if you dont d1 on the first available frame their options are even better. With a throw you can just mash it during the PD animation. If they start catching on you can hold up after PD and blow up their poke or throw break attempt.

45% corner combo with MB PD is like 54%ish

Add in a free ass throw and youre basically 65% corner combo.

KamkaziChicila

Off-hand I know WW's tiara, Nightwing's flying grayson in staff and Joker's gun can punish it. Probably quite a few more.

Some characters can't at all, like Flash and Lex.
No one can punish it, you get free trait off. You probably are doing her Trait late and you are getting punished.

cpmd4

No one can punish it, you get free trait off. You probably are doing her Trait late and you are getting punished.
You probably didn't set your opponent to tech roll and wake-up in practice. I can reproduce all of the things I mentioned 100% of the time. Linking trait with f2,3 reduces the start-up time but the recovery on her picture and flower are too long to make it totally safe against everyone.

KamkaziChicila

You probably didn't set your opponent to tech roll and wake-up in practice. I can reproduce all of the things I mentioned 100% of the time. Linking trait with f2,3 reduces the start-up time but the recovery on her picture and flower are too long to make it totally safe against everyone.
lol no they aren't buddy. I can 100% promise you its safe. Even Superman's super (2 frames!!) can't punish her trait after f2,3.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
lol no they aren't buddy. I can 100% promise you its safe. Even Superman's super (2 frames!!) can't punish her trait after f2,3.
This can only be settled one way.

You two must fight.

That is, if your choice of consoles allows it.

cpmd4

Please go test again. Turn wake-up on to super and turn "roll mode" on. Superman will tech toll backwards, then wake-up super. You will NOT block it.

Katt

Magnet
f23xxTrait is not safe. This has been disproven long ago and almost every character can punish. If they tech-roll and you trait bomb you get a serious combo. If they tech-roll and you trait flower or picture then they can punish.