What's new

Tech Batman's Possibly has Unblockable Setups

babalook

Noob
Ok because I posted this in general discussion thread and feel this needs a little more exposure and research I decided to make the thread. Here is what I posted in the other thread:
1st Post
so after a b112 midscreen lands you can do dash RB into instant glide 2 is a unblockable......but if they duck it whiffs. Jumpt 2 works as well. You also need wait a couple of frames before you dash in and release the bats.

2nd Post
ok I found more UB setups that are better. If you have bats out and end a combo with DB1 dash, small pause, dashReleaseBats, Ji2. Only way to avoid this is by ducking. You need two bats for it to be truly UB but if you have one they have to block the first bat normally then block crossup immediately after. I'm aware that all the opponent has to do is duck but this is just meant to be another mixup off of the already amazing DB1 combo ender.
edit
-A way to stop them from ducking is do one dash, walk forwardReleaseBats, Ji2, this is a safe jump against most of the cast and depending on how far you walk it can cross up.
edit 2
-the walk setup can also be UB depending on how far you step forward and if they duck in anticipation of the UB

wow impressive typo in thread title :(

XxThaVoicexX

YELLOW IS POWAH
Nice, but I've tried this multiple times. The computer still blocks. Hell...The computer doesn't even go from left to right. lol Can you post a vid? Or give a finer instruction on how the UB works? It looks legit tbh.

babalook

Noob
Nice, but I've tried this multiple times. The computer still blocks. Hell...The computer doesn't even go from left to right. lol Can you post a vid? Or give a finer instruction on how the UB works? It looks legit tbh.
I don't have recording equipment anymore but you should never test a UB against the computer test it against yourself

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Anything with a divekick is universally blocked by holding down.

releasing bats with a cross over j2 is extremely tough to block but not unblockable.

babalook

Noob
Anything with a divekick is universally blocked by holding down.

releasing bats with a cross over j2 is extremely tough to block but not unblockable.

so would it be best to call it a hard-to-blockable, also I know it can be ducked but its meant more to be a gimmick to get a free combo if you opponent stands. Also ive found tons of setups for this but the problem is I cant seem to find one were after the dash a Ji2 will hit a crouching opponent.

This stuff is blockable, you just have to block normal than switch to cross up as batman jumps over, you have to block away from batman not the bats.

However i have never used the dive kick method, but im pretty sure it's still blockable.