What's new

Strategy Batman's B23 goes hard

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I love Batman's B23.
LOVE it.

It's the key move to my gameplay

It's a great combo ender, putting you away from your opponent with enough time to call bats if you'd like.

It's OKI ability is damn good if you time it right, you can roll right under some wake-ups and if they don't utilize the invincibility frames some wakeups give you then they have to block or they get blown up. And even then, if you time it right, it'll blow up after invincibility frames!

If your opponent likes to get in on you (say...Catwoman for example), you can whiff b23 midscreen to keep her away unless she jumps...which is super easy to punish.

I've even knocked Nightwing out of mid-Flying Grayson!

I use the shit out of B23, what do you fellas use it for?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I think of this as an amplified version of Smoke's b2 3 from MK9, with some key differences: b2 is 12 frames, has a crazy hitbox which can make it a passable anti-air, and finishing this string puts you at zoning range. I've also used this after knocking an opponent down, stuffing Wake-Ups exactly in the manner you describe.

Just don't get reliant on it as a blockstring, because when Batman sets up the explosive as the ender for his string, the opponent can jump or backdash it. Of course there's really no risk to you by using this (as far as I'm aware), but still, you have better options for pressure.

You also don't always want to use this as an ender. Sometimes you can just go b2, then activate his trait and cross them up while on knockdown so you don't end up at a distance from your opponent and can keep being aggressive. I would only do this if you desperately need to reclaim the life lead; otherwise, finish the full string and turtle as hard as you can.

Bear in mind, I speak as a novice Batman player, so don't take me too seriously. LOL

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
GamerBlake90 haha yeah I'm no Batman expert neither lmao but I was just kind of generalizing what all you can do with it. But yeah! I was using B2 as AA before the universal d2 buff (or EX air batarang, because fuck them for jumping at me). I've really gotten into using this combo: 223, ji2, b2~sky grapple MB, b3, ji2, end with either b23, 123 for good spacing or 12~straight grapple to get them full screen-ish...there's so much you can do with B2, let alone adding a 3 in there haha

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
GamerBlake90 haha yeah I'm no Batman expert neither lmao but I was just kind of generalizing what all you can do with it. But yeah! I was using B2 as AA before the universal d2 buff (or EX air batarang, because fuck them for jumping at me). I've really gotten into using this combo: 223, ji2, b2~sky grapple MB, b3, ji2, end with either b23, 123 for good spacing or 12~straight grapple to get them full screen-ish...there's so much you can do with B2, let alone adding a 3 in there haha

That's exactly the same combo I use. One plus to playing Batman is getting all those style points with his combos. ;)