What's new

Strategy Batman viable/safe wake up options

JoeX0rX

Noob
I have been having trouble with rush down characters on wake up (especially the bigger modeled characters). i can't seem to get out of a corner or get out of pressure when being knocked down. Im having a hard time finding this discussion on the forums, so if someone could direct me, or give some advice about a solid wake up move i would appreciate that. Xbox live - JoeXorX.

SHARKY

Noob
Block escape if u have a bar of meter.then u have a lot more space to fight.Perry and slide kick get poked to ez but slide kick evades jumpers.I also love the d2 to slow people down it seems to gaurd u till ur uppercut is hot.

dust.

Noob
Batman's MB b.3 is also very good at getting out of trouble. It gives him forward momentum which will negate any crossup attempts, has one hit of armor, and has a ton of advantage on block. Very very useful tool since his other wakeup options are pretty damn bad.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Batman's MB b.3 is also very good at getting out of trouble. It gives him forward momentum which will negate any crossup attempts, has one hit of armor, and has a ton of advantage on block. Very very useful tool since his other wakeup options are pretty damn bad.
I don't think you can wake up with normals can you? I thought you could only wake up with special moves

dust.

Noob
I don't think you can wake up with normals can you? I thought you could only wake up with special moves
Well I was just talking about wakeup in general. If you want to invincible frames for reversals, then yeah you will have to use a special move, but all of Batman's special attacks are pretty bad on wakeup since they have so much startup...

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Well I was just talking about wakeup in general. If you want to invincible frames for reversals, then yeah you will have to use a special move, but all of Batman's special attacks are pretty bad on wakeup since they have so much startup...
I wish his parry worked against Jumping attacks.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I guess as a Reptile player I'm just used to having no wake up game so this doesn't bother me. His slide and parry are good enough to get by. But also theres this thing called blocking and now we even have push block so I don't see the big deal.

Him having no wake up game was some of the nerfs he received. Remember "bat swarm" was a wakeup attack because the bats never left once he was hit but they changed that so it is what it is. I do wish ex sky grapple had more frames of invincibility though.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I guess as a Reptile player I'm just used to having no wake up game so this doesn't bother me. His slide and parry are good enough to get by. But also theres this thing called blocking and now we even have push block so I don't see the big deal.

Him having no wake up game was some of the nerfs he received. Remember "bat swarm" was a wakeup attack because the bats never left once he was hit but they changed that so it is what it is. I do wish ex sky grapple had more frames of invincibility though.
Reptile has slide. Batman's slide has like 312098321093 start up frames or something? Any poke will hit that shit on wakeup unlike Reptile's Slide.

I believe that Batman's parry should receive a buff and be just like Cyber SZ's. Parrying jump in attacks also. This would be awesome.

JoeX0rX

Noob
Batmans slide on wake up has the same invincible wake up properties as everything else so it soaks up one hit. The timing is tricky though to nail it (and when you do you'll see WAKE UP flash is the bottom corner of the screen) and its his only move so people block low or rush down. Just got to know when to use slide and when to back dash and tech roll when possible. Those are the only options available.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
I decided to revisit this thread and having some issues with other rush down characters when playings as Bats last night. Has anyone found any reliable options? I'd prefer to be more offensive than simply push blocking someone back.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I decided to revisit this thread and having some issues with other rush down characters when playings as Bats last night. Has anyone found any reliable options? I'd prefer to be more offensive than simply push blocking someone back.

Sadly enough, Pushblock still is his most reliable option. This was the main reason why REO isn't maining Batman anylonger. Well this and the fact that all his strings have holes and are short range.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Sadly enough, Pushblock still is his most reliable option. This was the main reason why REO isn't maining Batman anylonger. Well this and the fact that all his strings have holes and are short range.
Thanks for writing back. I totally agree. I mainly use my meter for push block and front grapple. I do use the slide for wake up from time to time. Just out of curiosity do you know who REO is maining right now?

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
He still plays Batman, he played him at ECT. He plays a bunch of characters, including NW, but overall he played Batman the most during that tournament. Of course that could have all changed by now.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
He still plays Batman, he played him at ECT. He plays a bunch of characters, including NW, but overall he played Batman the most during that tournament. Of course that could have all changed by now.
I did see some footage of him using Superman as well. I plan on spending some serious time in practice mode to learn Nightwing but most of my new character practice time has gone to Cyborg.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Thanks for writing back. I totally agree. I mainly use my meter for push block and front grapple. I do use the slide for wake up from time to time. Just out of curiosity do you know who REO is maining right now?

He said he wouldn't play Batman anymore, but it was a lie. lol He still does. He also plays Black Adam, Nightwing and Superman. Don't know who is his main tho.