What's new

Tech Batman Corner Tech

Adolfo

Noob
Here's some batman corner tech that I discovered with ufgt9 less than 2 weeks away i don't have enough time to go deep into this setup. Questions like does it work on every character and/or stage?, can some reversals beat it?, and is the timing different on the stages and/or characters? Thought some of the batman training mode monster and such might be able to help.

Adolfo

Noob
My guess is to why it crosses up is when done as a meaty because of his foward movement so anything that can move forward and is an over head might be able to do this too

Here is my post from the general batman discussion thread..

"Also, what about ending combos with d3? f3 can cross up with the correct timing. So you get a 32% combo instead of 39% and get an ambiguous f3 cross up.

EDIT: So something silly I just did, after f3 you can do b2, sweep to continuously put them in a mini vortex for 20% f3, b2, sweep. Ok so this is harder than I thought it was, lol, I just randomly did it in practice and decided to post it, you can still do f3, sweep and still get 16% though. Im sure there are other setups."

f3 is delicious. :D

Adolfo

Noob
That's was pretty general I also used the search bar in the forums and your post didn't come up. Anyway I want to further research this in the game. Like is it effective against good reversals are there ways to avoid it stuff like that also you didn't mention anything about how good of a tool that is on hit and block

Seapeople

This one's for you
Somebody brought this up a while ago. It's really good, one of his best corner set ups imo. This can be done after b112 as well. It also reverses the opponent's wakeup inputs, and can even hop over certain wakeups like Batman's slide. You could use MB f3 to be even safer. However MB f3 actually crosses them up if you don't move at all, so you have to take a very small step back if you don't want the crossup.

This is probably the closest thing to a "vortex" Batman has. Some easy ways to set it up...
223, f3 (reverses positions), j2, 1~sky grapple = 29%/33%
223, j3, 123, 1, b112 = 32%/36%
113, f3, j2, 123, 1, b112 = 32%/36%
b113, b23, 1, b112 = 29%/33%
123, j2, 123, 1, b112 = 30%/34%
b23, 1, 123, b112 = 33%/37%

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
i guess, but since its not an over head, can't they just duckblock it? the b3? or u wanna explain that a lil better?
Sure, b112 avoids tech roll, so the time to calculate f3 or b3 will always be the same, b112 b3 is conjugated with f3 tech because if the opponent is waiting f3 overhead (stand-block back) b3 connect for behind of the oponent because the directions are inverted.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i guess, but i don't see the point in using b3 when f3 is pretty much the same amount of advantage on block