What's new

Strategy Batman block strings (Midscreen)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
put AI in block always/jump and try this:

1. 22,2*2 (*opponent can crouch)
2. 22,b112 (opponent only can push block)

Also you can mix this with the trait:

1. 22, trait,b112, release bats,b23

22 doesn't jail at any point so you can get poked after the first 2 because its a mid-high combo.

SHARKY

Noob
For jump happy opponents and taller cast members I've been heavy on the 22,u3 ..... its been very good to me u3 should be iau3 when u do it .

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
22 is always a risk as it hits mid high, also jump JI's do not jail, so the opponent can crouch at any time during the string.

If you land 22, then great, but most of the time, it won't happen.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
22 is always a risk as it hits mid high, also jump JI's do not jail, so the opponent can crouch at any time during the string.

If you land 22, then great, but most of the time, it won't happen.
I was about to post this question in the general discussion thread.

If you land a J2 and go into 223 or 113, can they still duck the gap in the string?

LaR

Noob
haven’t used 22 since the demo that and 113 are completely useless to me i don’t get why good players are still using these strings.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

If you land a J2 and go into 223 or 113, can they still duck the gap in the string?
Yes the best strings to do after a jump in are b23 or b11 ex batarangs. Thats it. You can try 22 to get the advantage but like UsedforGlue said it will be a rare that opportunity happens. I try mixing up 12 and 22 because then they have to guess when to poke out, on the first strike or the 2nd. If they try poking out on the 1st hit after a j2 on 22 they will get full comboed. So then they'll wait for the 2nd hit and if you do 12 you can again full combo into 123 (although this one is really hard to hit confirm). 12 is plus on block so you get a free b23 and 123 is safe on block but stops pressure.

Yes the best strings to do after a jump in are b23 or b11 ex batarangs. Thats it. You can try 22 to get the advantage but like UsedforGlue said it will be a rare that opportunity happens. I try mixing up 12 and 22 because then they have to guess when to poke out, on the first strike or the 2nd. If they try poking out on the 1st hit after a j2 on 22 they will get full comboed. So then they'll wait for the 2nd hit and if you do 12 you can again full combo into 123 (although this one is really hard to hit confirm). 12 is plus on block so you get a free b23 and 123 is safe on block but stops pressure.

12 is good because of the frame advantage

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
That all but makes the other two strings useless. The EX batarangs really help with frame advantage though. I like to throw those out anytime I have extra meter and see the jump in get blocked. That's a good idea to mix those two strings up. I haven't though of that.

Can they still poke out if you get the hit stun from the jump in?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

Yea, Jump in's don't jail the opponent standing like they did in MK for instance.

22 is a gamble on good opponents, on players who can't block cross ups properly 22 will work and catch them standing, it will let you hit confirm 223 on hit, or 22 on block for B1 or B2, the opponent will be able to poke you out of your next high string, all your 1's for example.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Yea, Jump in's don't jail the opponent standing like they did in MK for instance.

22 is a gamble on good opponents, on players who can't block cross ups properly 22 will work and catch them standing, it will let you hit confirm 223 on hit, or 22 on block for B1 or B2, the opponent will be able to poke you out of your next high string, all your 1's for example.
I have this problem when I fight mirror matches. What do you suggest I do to block his jumping cross ups?