What's new

Batgirl vs NW

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
1. Dealing with batgirl's bola trade off when zoning. She can spam batarang if you dont try to trade zones and if u do trade she uses bola and dd3 MB - full combos.
2. Punishing dd3. Online I just grab, nothing else seems to work but Id like to be able to get a full punish if possible.
Would love some general tips vs batgirl. I don't think its a bad matchup for nightwing at all I just don't know how to deal with her quite yet. I realize theres a matchup thread already but Im not fond of looking through the pages looking for posts on batgirl =/

LEGEND

YES!
For #1 you can jump bolas on reaction and duck batarangs (unless MB)

For #2 D1-Escrima Fury should punish it easily, most issues in punishing Batgirl's Smoke bomb come from her being low to the ground for most of her recovery so using mids as starters makes it easier

Macdaddy

Thanks! I always think not to jump against her cause of dd3 but I guess on bola she cant dd3 fast enough? And of course d1 starter why didnt i think of that. Is the general strategy to remain in escrima mostly, keep it close and watch for wakeups?

LEGEND

YES!
Thanks! I always think not to jump against her cause of dd3 but I guess on bola she cant dd3 fast enough?
right, she will still be recovering from the wiff of the bola to hit you with DD3 (which has 15 frames of start-up if i'm not mistaken)

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I find it really weird, you can punish it on block, but not so easily on wiff.

Try not to walk back too much and block it by holding down so it actually hits you on block. Its not an overhead don't worry.

Macdaddy

Yeah I noticed that. Her dd3 presents a different kind of challenge. Thanks guys!