What's new

Tech Batgirl Batcave Corner Setup

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Guys, I was playing a lot of matches against a few Killer Frost players and ended up playing a lot in the Batcave. Is there a better setup off the Batmobile corner interactable? I was going for cross-ups after my corner damage once the KF player started respecting my MB F3 to stuff their wakeup. It worked pretty well, but I am not sure if there is something better off the interactable.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Guys, I was playing a lot of matches against a few Killer Frost players and ended up playing a lot in the Batcave. Is there a better setup off the Batmobile corner interactable? I was going for cross-ups after my corner damage once the KF player started respecting my MB F3 to stuff their wakeup. It worked pretty well, but I am not sure if there is something better off the interactable.

Sees Zod as victim

See false hope

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can also mix in b1 on their wakeup to screw then over even more.

I haven't really experimented with this interactable, but I'll give it a go later and see what I come up with.

Hate to sound like a debbie downer, but...

Giving up the corner and then Cornering yourself as Batgirl is the worst idea ever.

The only time it's remotely worth it is if you use cross up J3 into a car bomb setup. This requires them to not wake up and then get hit by crossup J2, which is unreliable at best.

EVEN THEN: They can push block you into the corner, which can and does lose games.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
why not just combo into the grappling hook and continue the combo with the jump in 2 into that ground string and then reset with the button?

Thats a legit setup off of a corner combo for big damage and vortex setup again.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hate to sound like a debbie downer, but...

Giving up the corner and then Cornering yourself as Batgirl is the worst idea ever.

The only time it's remotely worth it is if you use cross up J3 into a car bomb setup. This requires them to not wake up and then get hit by crossup J2, which is unreliable at best.

EVEN THEN: They can push block you into the corner, which can and does lose games.
The thing is, you can actually kill them off that one reset and take their entire life bar. At that point I'd just b3, ji3, f2~db2u which should kill them.

You can pushblock anywhere. Just because pushblock exists doesn't mean every setup is null and void. ji2 in the corner can be hella ambiguous and if you get it from either side you get ~50%. This setup is still useful. You could also drive them back to the corner if that's what you really wanted to do by walking forward before the ji2.

RiBBz22

Completely disagree if you mean that you should never go for a cross-up when you are in the corner...Crossing up on a read to beat a wake-up or something else is useful and not the worst idea ever. It is just part of the corner meta-game. Of course we want to get corner push so we can set up our max damage combos, but having your opponent know that you want to keep them in the corner and how much damage you can do there opens up the door for unorthodox opportunities that can catch your opponent off guard.

Like I said in the OP, I would start to mix things like this in when my opponent was respecting my attempt to keep them cornered more or less.

Completely disagree if you mean that you should never go for a cross-up when you are in the corner...Crossing up on a read to beat a wake-up or something else is useful and not the worst idea ever. It is just part of the corner meta-game. Of course we want to get corner push so we can set up our max damage combos, but having your opponent know that you want to keep them in the corner and how much damage you can do there opens up the door for unorthodox opportunities that can catch your opponent off guard.

Like I said in the OP, I would start to mix things like this in when my opponent was respecting my attempt to keep them cornered more or less.
It's not just max damage combos, man.

Batgirl is a short range, 50/50 character. When the opponent is cornered, they have to worry about her entire offense. She's in. Midscreen they can just backdash and outrange her.

Also, any poke into cartwheel sets up a 50% damage combo in the corner. She doesn't have that option midscreen.

Any anti air J2 can be converted into big damage as well... etc etc.

Not only that, but since this game restands after rounds, if you take their 1st lifebar in the corner, they're still there until they clash.

The thing is, you can actually kill them off that one reset and take their entire life bar. At that point I'd just b3, ji3, f2~db2u which should kill them.

You can pushblock anywhere. Just because pushblock exists doesn't mean every setup is null and void. ji2 in the corner can be hella ambiguous and if you get it from either side you get ~50%. This setup is still useful. You could also drive them back to the corner if that's what you really wanted to do by walking forward before the ji2.

Her j2 isn't really hard to block, and can randomly whiff.

why not just combo into the grappling hook and continue the combo with the jump in 2 into that ground string and then reset with the button?

Thats a legit setup off of a corner combo for big damage and vortex setup again.

Tihs is more like it.

I did: B2U3, F23 D2 xx bola, (crossup), ji2, F21, activate batmobile, dash forward JI2, F23 xx DF2 MB, F21 DB2U

That was all told like 70%. The interactable scales the damage really hard.

Nvm, I got up to 40% after the batmobile interactable.

JI2, 21, Batmobile

Dash, JI2, F2 xx DF2 MB, F2xx INTERACTABLE (bounce), F3, DB2U

RiBBz22

Here is another one I have been messing with after a corner combo ending with cartwheel where you can dash in immediately to cross up or slightly delay it to keep your opponent cornered and pressure. You can either go for the 50-50 after the interactable + bola, but in the video I just did a cross up jump into 12b3 for another cross-up setup.

@Pan1cMode
@SonicFox5000