What's new

Breakthrough - Bartitsu Bartitsu meterless corner vortex

perfectghast

Just throw it out, and hope for the best!
After the sadness of the recent patch I decided to look into Bo and found a vortex in the corner only for bartitsu, in this variation his d4 is +23 on hit. This makes his 16 frame low really hard to react to in b3,2,2 and his overhead is the slowest f3,4. After any of those two strings the goal is to restand with fart and repeat. Let me know if this seems viable at all, you can expand the combos to be longer with meter of course. Thank you guys!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
His B3 is 23 frames (the low kick) but I still think this could be useful. 23 frames is by no means slow and you do have the option to cancel his F3 which is the slower of the two and reactable I think. You also have the grab otions from both F3 and B3. Is there anything juicy possible with those?

Thanks for posting this.

perfectghast

His B3 is 23 frames (the low kick) but I still think this could be useful. 23 frames is by no means slow and you do have the option to cancel his F3 which is the slower of the two and reactable I think. You also have the grab otions from both F3 and B3. Is there anything juicy possible with those?

Thanks for posting this.
Yes the grab option is always an option plus it still keeps them in the corner

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Interesting...but he still has to even open you up first AND get you to the corner BibleThump. Plus you have to be frame perfect to jail the low so I reckon, like what anyone should be doing against everything Bartitsu does anyway, the opponent is just going to armour out every time. Another episode in the Tales of Slow Rai Cho :(
23 frames is by no means slow
I mean...

perfectghast

Interesting...but he still has to even open you up first AND get you to the corner BibleThump. Plus you have to be frame perfect to jail the low so I reckon, like what anyone should be doing against everything Bartitsu does anyway, the opponent is just going to armour out every time. Another episode in the Tales of Slow Rai Cho :(

I mean...
I feel you bro, love Bo but his so slow :(

TKB

Noob
I've been doing something similar in the corner. His ji2 is super plus on hit so you restand with fart, ji2 and then do a very slight delay to reset and go for low or overhead and restand again with fart.... If you do a slight run before going for the low it looks KIND OF like his overhead lol.

EDIT: and right after I say this REO posts the exact same tech only using dragons breath lol

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So F3 is 26 frames. I'm just theory crafting here, but 26 frames is reactible. You block low until you see his little jog. However, there is so much mix up potential here:

F3~1+3, F34, F3~DF3, F34~DB3, F34~DF3, F3(cancel) into throw...probably more. Good luck making that read.

Now if I could only get them to the corner when they dont have breaker.

perfectghast

So F3 is 26 frames. I'm just theory crafting here, but 26 frames is reactible. You block low until you see his little jog. However, there is so much mix up potential here:

F3~1+3, F34, F3~DF3, F34~DB3, F34~DF3, F3(cancel) into throw...probably more. Good luck making that read.

Now if I could only get them to the corner when they dont have breaker.
Now you're talking! The overhead can be canceled into the low special which can be meter burned if it connects and that leads back into the combo

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Now you're talking! The overhead can be canceled into the low special which can be meter burned if it connects and that leads back into the combo
Exactly. The problem there is having the meter...which Bart never has. That and almost all options are unsafe. We'll see how it goes I guess.

perfectghast

Exactly. The problem there is having the meter...which Bart never has. That and almost all options are unsafe. We'll see how it goes I guess.
I'm gonna get some matches in with Bo and try to use this and see how it works out against an opponent :)

Well this is not really so "reactable". You've got 3 frames differences between b3 and f3
However the command grab make the 50/50 worse for your opponent. They have to guess low overhead, THEN command grab or blockstring or guard ? The guard situation is to make your opponent trigger an armor, which most of them are unsafe (some are safe though, look at bartitsu's df2 for instance)

This vortex isn't really a vortex since we can armor through it (well, you might spam most of the time). b3 is 23f starter and d4 is +23 on hit. If you are in just frame (not really happening everytime), the guy can still armor you, since the hit touch you at the 24th frame (but he has to be just frame too). No comment for f3 which is 26f starter...

Well this setup is a good vortex against meterless guys and armorless characters. Also good against unsafe armored characters because of conditionning

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Well this is not really so "reactable". You've got 3 frames differences between b3 and f3
However the command grab make the 50/50 worse for your opponent.
You would be correct if the startup animation of both moves were the same but they're completely different. The overhead is pretty easy to react to once you know what you're looking for. Obviously he can also cancel it, go into command grab, etc.

Also you're better of jumping back and jumping in with j2 to guarentee the 'vortex' since the hit advantage is way higher than d4. He can do this in the other 2 variations.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Put this to use last night and this morning. It works pretty well. Couple of notes:

1. After you D4, and decide to go for F3, make sure you do it IMMEDIATELY. If your timing is slightly off there are characters who can armor out like Kung Lao.

2. I hate how slow fart is. After B322, 21, the S3~fart has to be perfect. I dropped it several times because I did S3 too late. BRC juggles like shit...

perfectghast

Put this to use last night and this morning. It works pretty well. Couple of notes:

1. After you D4, and decide to go for F3, make sure you do it IMMEDIATELY. If your timing is slightly off there are characters who can armor out like Kung Lao.

2. I hate how slow fart is. After B322, 21, the S3~fart has to be perfect. I dropped it several times because I did S3 too late. BRC juggles like shit...
The timing for s3 is tricky but I got it consistent after practicing the timing for it!

Cosmos

Noob

Don't immediately 21, a slight delay then an immediate s3 fart is a lot easier and much more consistent.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Don't immediately 21, a slight delay then an immediate s3 fart is a lot easier and much more consistent.
It's funny difficult a simple juggle should be when you're BRC. When I'm Johnny, its like: 12,12,12,12,114 and it just works wonderfully. Lol.