What's new

Strategy Bane Stage Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sometimes its not about who you fight, but where. In this topic, we will be discussion the best and worst stages for Bane to play on. This is assuming the tournament standard of intractable and transitions on.

BEST STAGES FOR BANE:

WORST STAGES FOR BANE:

NOW DISCUSSING: Arkham Asylum

Oogalord

Noob
all i know is, it takes ten minutes for him to pick up that damn crystal ball in Aquamans stage. same with the Watchtower globe. not sure if those can be MB'd

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So for arkham, what do you guys think? I feel the mess hall gives us a decent amount to work with to take our venom CD off, but at the same time the main area doesn't give us too much that the opponent can't also benefit from. On the left side of the stage is a jumpable corner escape and a respawning flower, neither of which bodes well for us.

Oogalord

Noob
i'm pushing to the right all day in the mess hall. save the stage transition for after the free combo you get for the freeze-pipe.

Bane has good interactables because he just fucking chucks everything. the trick is to keep them too far away to retaliate cause the animation is terribly slow and quite punishable.

Atlantis1 isn't good for bane with the ball as well as MB corners. is it even possible to avoid that?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
We'll get to atlantis soon, and I don't know lol. According to sources you can armor through it technically, but I've yet to do it.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I approach stage selection with the mindset of the opposing character I'm playing. If I'm facing a gadget or acrobat character, I want a stage with lots of intractable throwing objects. If I'm playing a power character I want one with the least amount possible

With that being said, my favorite interactable stage is Arkham and Batcave is my favorite against power characters. I'll elaborate in a moment.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Basically the way I want to do this is we want stages where we can beat out one type and go even with another. Stages where we beat one and lose to another will go by how much we win/lose by, and stages where we strike even and lose will be the worst.

For example: Stryker island (bridge) lets us beat gadget and of course go even with power.
Batcave (lagoon), we lose to gadget and beat power.
Watchtower (bridge), we lose to gadget and go even with power.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Okay, for Arkham I feel like both areas aren't bad. I like the cell block for the televisions and flower. The Televisions give you a good throwing object against zoners. I can't tell you how many times I've had Ravens or Deathstrokes throwing out projectiles to get hit with a TV then rushed. The corner escape can be dealt with by throwing it. I really like the flower, it's a regenerating throwable that goes nearly full screen. Plus you have the pipe that can give you a transition to the mess hall.

I'm not as big on the mess hall because of the pig and chandelier. I hate the left side as people can trade pig tosses. And the chandelier doesn't work well for me as smaller characters can swing away from pressure on it. The faces on the columns serve the same purpose as the TVs.

All in all, I like Arkham when playing against an acrobat or gadget character.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
A lot of stages are bad for Bane because he has to chase people 95% of the time and he will eat a lot of damage before closing in lots of people. You can't charge at smart players. Luckily the dash buff is some small form of saving grace.

The stages in this game are too long for no good reason besides eye candy to get people to buy the game.

That being said, Metropolis is kind of my go to stage because there's the least amount of interactables. The hovercraft respawns but if people like to go to it, it's easier to scout ahead of time and just backdash and then rush their shit down.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I like Wayne Manor (Great Hall) and Atlantis. And I agree with SUPRA, the best stages for Bane are the ones with the least amount of abusable shit that doesn't respawn. Personally, I like to have a middle bounce interactable as well because it makes his dmg stupid.

WM:
- No reusable interactables for zoners
- Hella easy to avoid chair, piano and armors
- Can get full combo off j2 if you bait acrobats into using corner interactables
- Middle area is huge so Bane can get easy bounce combos
- Transitions into entrance, which is pretty much the same, except the car is really abusable

ATL:
- Easy to avoid interactables
- MB interactable in the corner gets Bane out of pressure for a bar
- The only respawning interactable is the water valve (acrobat) and its slow as fuck and can be venom charged on reaction. Works on the power interactable too.
- Has a middle area for bounce combos
- Acrobats can kinda abuse the monkey bars in the middle, but it's not too much to worry about IMO

Dayvo

My english it's not good
I don't think that a lot interactables means bad for Bane. If you can mark the lead of the match, you can take a huge advantage of using interactables with venom. Sometimes it's interesting dropping combos in purpouse, just because you are just in place to use an interactable. For example, if you are in Justice hall and the robot comes to you, drop combo, take robot, huge damage. The thing is: you have to expect that the others uses the interactables, take venom, armored move, and go. You lose more health in the operation, but allows you to set ups.

I like Gotham(Alley) and Wayne Manor, but against characters without heavy zoning tools, I like Justice hall and Watchtower

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
It's just the respawning interactables that give me grief. I know Bane can use em too, but they benefit zoners way more IMO and I'd rather just not have to worry about em at all.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
IMO Stryker Island (the bridge) is our best stage. We can take everything on it, throw it, and leave the entire stage bare. Also, on the left side, both of the interactables go most all of the screen. The big box is pretty effective on the right side, and metallo is a decent wake-up

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I like that one a lot too. Just have to make sure an acrobat can't get to the laser. That shit's annoying.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Wayne Manor outside. Big combos off interactable in the middle, easy to dodge/venom through the motorcycle and gargoyle, motorcycle is at a perfect area for bane to use after a combo, car in the corner is nice for MB defense and hits like full screen (but not right next to you) and is also useful if you have them in that corner then crossup with j.d3 into combo then end with car. None of it respawns either.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I don't think that a lot interactables means bad for Bane. If you can mark the lead of the match, you can take a huge advantage of using interactables with venom. Sometimes it's interesting dropping combos in purpouse, just because you are just in place to use an interactable. For example, if you are in Justice hall and the robot comes to you, drop combo, take robot, huge damage. The thing is: you have to expect that the others uses the interactables, take venom, armored move, and go. You lose more health in the operation, but allows you to set ups.

I like Gotham(Alley) and Wayne Manor, but against characters without heavy zoning tools, I like Justice hall and Watchtower
I don't disagree that they're not all entirely bad, it can lend a hand to Bane sometimes in resets or just random stuff getting you some damage but I personally like to play with as little random factor as possible and as consistently as possible. Personally I'm not a fan of the interactables so I'm gonna be pretty bias towards them regardless. That being said, they're kinda fun though. I forgot which Asylum I was on, but the left side had something I used with Bane and he just chucked the bed or statue fullscreen and it caught the guy for 20%.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
So we're talking arkham. I like it. Think it's fairly even vs power characters and advantage us vs. gadget types. It is ideal to stay up top IMO. The corner lockdown is great on this map, there are no means of escape except one I think. I think the mess hall should be avoided if possible. If you end up there stay on the right to avoid pig shenanigans & there is a healthy amount of things to throw. However beware as gadget guys can throw the face things, still throws me off. That's about it on my Arkham thoughts.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
So while I was gone this weekend I was excited to contribute to this when I had the chance, yet no one continued after. I have an idea to keep it easy. List up to 3 maps that you think are best vs. power characters & up to 3 vs. gadget characters and why.

I'll start vs. gadget.
1. Arkham/Joker asylum, namingly cell block. Great for us because we can throw everything, they can't. We own the corners here big time. Even if they get out on the left there is a strong chance to get them back in or hit them with the flower or door thing, MB if you have too. If you don't use the TV's right away they're also great to defeat zoning and get in. The mess hall is a bit trickier. IMO it's best to keep the battle on the right side asap.

2. I'm a fan of Gotham rooftops. It only has 3 interactable none of which respawn. They can not escape the right corner if you're on them. It also has the helicopter bounce which is demoralizing IMO to get combo'd off of. Steets is still good as there is only the dumpster or the right had corner to really worry about. If you have the chance to use the dumpster do it. It shatters it for us but they can re-use it. Other than that it's pretty standard fare, left side is best IMO.

3. Wayne Manor outside. Great because one again there are little interactables for them to use. The bike is actually easy to avoid and if they don't get it it assists us greatly for resets and bouncing them off the fountain, which is extreamely demoralizing again. Inside is decent for us as the interactable we can use for damage are more numerous and again that backround boucne.

Power

1. I almsot always pick Gotham rooftops vs. them. For the same reasons as above and mainly no respawning interatables of which there are only 3.

2. Batcave, Lab. Only 2 things to interact with. Bombs or rockets which aren't too bad to avoid.

3. Undecided.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ok so lets make a list real quick to show what we feel are his top and bottom 5 overall.

Stryker Island is a definite top 5, I feel like Metro can be too because of the car allowing for the corner pressure, them is good but its probably in the bottom 5 because of the lion fire...

IMO

BEST:
Stryker (bridge)
Metro (city)
Wayne Manor/Night (front)
Arkham/Joker (cell block)
Themascara (Fountain)

WORST:
Watchtower (bridge)
Watchtower (reactor)
Batcave (lagoon)
Atlantis