What's new

Bane Gear

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
What on earth? Have you read any material containing Bane in DC Comics print? TDKR was a very realistic adaptation to the character from what he was in Knightfall.

Clooney's Batman and Robin on the other hand...
Except he was basically Talia's bitch so no, it wasn't a good adaptation and it had nothing to do with Knightfall.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Except he was basically Talia's bitch so no, it wasn't a good adaptation and it had nothing to do with Knightfall.
I won't get into a drawn out back and forth about the movies/other print in the gear thread, but I believe you're way off.

In sum, Knightfall was all about breaking the Batman from inside out. That's precisely what happens in TDKR. Bane is cunning, brutal, and shows character depth similar to Knightfall. Also, arguably, the Talia plotline adds to his characterization.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I didn't ask if you had bad taste, but thanks for updating me.

As far as accurately adapting a character goes, it was absolute trash-garbage filth.

This isn't in regards to Hardy's acting or the rest of the movie.

Just that that "character" was basically Bane in name only and really shouldn't have even had that name lazily slapped onto him.

It was like they just looked at a grade school level summary of Bane and went "strong guy that thinks and hurt Batman that time" and filled in the blanks with unrelated bullshit instead of the actual elements of the character that made him who he is.

Oh yeah and "he has a mask and uses chemicals I guess? what do those things do? who cares make something up".
My subjective opinion is the only correct one

If you are too edgy to enjoy TDKR Bane, then don't use the costume. To the rest of the world he is one of the greatest incarnations of Bane yet just like TDKs Joker

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I won't get into a drawn out back and forth about the movies/other print in the gear thread, but I believe you're way off.

In sum, Knightfall was all about breaking the Batman from inside out. That's precisely what happens in TDKR. Bane is cunning, brutal, and shows character depth similar to Knightfall. Also, arguably, the Talia plotline adds to his characterization.

I dunno what you are trying to do here? I never said you are not supposed to like it no matter how shitty it was IMO. I red this storyline about 10 times, have the original releases + the saga collection. I know what it was about, and I didn't like how Nolan portrayed the character. End of story

God Confirm

I dunno what you are trying to do here? I never said you are not supposed to like it no matter how shitty it was IMO. I red this storyline about 10 times, have the original releases + the saga collection. I know what it was about, and I didn't like how Nolan portrayed the character. End of story
Actually end of story is that other people do like it; end of story, and then you guys are the ones getting pissy about that. You can't flip it back like nobody should contest you because it's opinions, when it's literally what you guys are doing to begin with lol

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Actually end of story is that other people do like it; end of story, and then you guys are the ones getting pissy about that. You can't flip it back like nobody should contest you because it's opinions, when it's literally what you guys are doing to begin with lol
Only I didn't contest anyone's opinion.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
cool, so glad you agree that TDKR Bane is sweet then
How is saying that I don't like something (maybe in a bit harsh way but it shouldn't be taken too seriously) contesting someone's opinion? Never said that its forbidden to like it or anything.

Last edited:

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Smh. Thread went off the rails then. Opinions are all fine and dandy. On the flip side of the coin, it's discrediting to ignore rock-solid points (especially in characterization).

Nevertheless, back on topic.

I hope the Arkham Asylum/City or Origins version of Bane gets a premier skin. And Knightfall has to have one.

God Confirm

How is saying that I don't like something (maybe in a bit harsh way but it shouldn't be taken to seriously) contesting someone's opinion? Never said that its forbidden to like it or anything.
There's no problem with liking or not liking anything, but when people are requesting a costume, and your only contribution to that topic is "that costume is shit" then don't act like people can't then in turn do exactly what you did and say no to that as well haha

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I hope the Arkham Asylum/City or Origins version of Bane gets a premier skin. And Knightfall has to have one.
Hm. Origins appearance was rather specific, but as far as other Arkham games go, he was pretty close to existing sources.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Hm. Origins appearance was rather specific, but as far as other Arkham games go, he was pretty close to existing sources.
Yea, I was just thinking along the lines that gear looking similar to Origins could be in without having a premier skin. He's mostly clothed and militaristic with minimal venom tubes in Origins.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Is it possible to change the way your character looks with for example an epic helm, but do not use the stats from it and play on ranked?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Is it possible to change the way your character looks with for example an epic helm, but do not use the stats from it and play on ranked?
Pretty sure that you still choose a loadout in ranked. And of course when you turn competitive mode on.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Whenever you do ranked, it's automatically put on competitive mode. So all of your changes are now aesthetics only. So yes to your question

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Pretty sure that you still choose a loadout in ranked. And of course when you turn competitive mode on.
Whenever you do ranked, it's automatically put on competitive mode. So all of your changes are now aesthetics only. So yes to your question
Thanks for the answers, I just also wanted to double-check this, since some people said that competitive mode doesn't allow you to change gear even to customize the appearance.

That would make no sense if this were true, but wanted to make sure.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
We got jipped on gear in this game jfc. All we get to choose from is extra pockets on our shirt/pants and little add-ons to the same 4 non-epic mask models

i demand NRS patch better gear in immediately

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Doesn't feel like there's much gear either. I opened 30 mother boxes and got 1 piece of Bane gear that I already had. His shit's weak af.