What's new

General/Other Bane f2d frame

pills

Noob
Hi this is a small question and i don't like making a full thread of it, but don't know where to put question~~

Bane's fist slam( f2d ) says startup is 11 frames like the d1. Is this really true or is some weird listing in the game.

I ask this mainly because I'm trying a frame trap after back1. back 1 being + 12 on block, I should be able to do a 11 frame move right after and wrecks anyone mashing like a down 1 or down 2. This DOES work with back 1 then down 1. That makes sense as down 1 is logged as 11 frame startup.

Problem is whenever I try the f2d after the back 1, I get hit out of it with moves that have like 8-10 frame startup...which doesn't make sense if f2d is as fast as the frame data says.

Anybody know what goin on? is there a trick to making f2d actually 11 frame?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
F.2d is 11 frames from exiting the f.2 stance. Since you have to enter f.2 stance to get to f.2.d, add the start-up frames of f.2 and 11 (for f.2.d) and you have your answer. Iirc its around 20 or so frames.

pills

Noob
Wow I was really hoping that wasn't what was hpning. Thought there might be a easy way to exit f2 "stance" in like 1 frame~

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk 2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wow I was really hoping that wasn't what was hpning. Thought there might be a easy way to exit f2 "stance" in like 1 frame~
There is, its called holding down lol.
Your f.2.d is nice in its armor, until you hit level 3 venom through double punch is often the better overhead.
That being said, using f.2.d in option selects, tech traps, and the like is always an ample option.
Your d.1 is +17 on hit, f.2.d will come out surprisingly fast afterwards.

pills

Noob
I was just saying I was hoping there was way to get out f2d within like 12 frames (which I cant seem to do..altho would be possible if one could cancel f2 with down within 1-2 frames easily) to be able to do a tight trap after blocked back1 that also hpns to be an overhead. My whole point of wanting to use f2d over double punch in certain situations because I thought f2d was faster~~ ill just have to use just 2 or down 1 in that situation.

Thx for the quick replies

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I was just saying I was hoping there was way to get out f2d within like 12 frames (which I cant seem to do..altho would be possible if one could cancel f2 with down within 1-2 frames easily) to be able to do a tight trap after blocked back1 that also hpns to be an overhead. My whole point of wanting to use f2d over double punch in certain situations because I thought f2d was faster~~ ill just have to use just 2 or down 1 in that situation.

Thx for the quick replies

Sure. Imo f.2.d isn't worth it since it could end out as f.2 if commands get dropped, which is -14 on block.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
13+11=24

fun fact - f2d,3 crosses up flash in the corner on block.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
13+11=24

fun fact - f2d,3 crosses up flash in the corner on block.
Other fun fact, its -30 on block and can be guarded fuzzy. :| On account of him getting 50% and more off of it, that's not a good idea, especially when we get nothing off of it ourselves.

To that note, who are you? Everyone tags you but I never understand why.

Error

DF2+R2
Other fun fact, its -30 on block and can be guarded fuzzy. :| On account of him getting 50% and more off of it, that's not a good idea, especially when we get nothing off of it ourselves.

To that note, who are you? Everyone tags you but I never understand why.
He's the guy who gives Bane buffs.