What's new

Question - Balanced (Balanced) how to deal with pressure

I'm a native Street Fighter player learning this MK system and I'm trying to deal with the pressure from numerous low attacks into overheads etc. In other fighters I've played, a crouch jab will have pushback on block so that you'd eventually be able to do something after the blockstun other than block. In MK it feels like I'm just stuck there in blockstun at the mercy of lows. Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I'm a native Street Fighter player learning this MK system and I'm trying to deal with the pressure from numerous low attacks into overheads etc. In other fighters I've played, a crouch jab will have pushback on block so that you'd eventually be able to do something after the blockstun other than block. In MK it feels like I'm just stuck there in blockstun at the mercy of lows. Any ideas on how to deal with this?
Low pokes are negative on block, you can counter-poke after you block for free

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
it depends. If someone is mashing out a low poke like d1 you can counterpoke. You just press d1 or d3 right after you block. Or you backdash which will make your opponent whiff. Another option would be an armor special

Right on, I'll have to try this, the SubZ I was fighting would alternate between repeating low or he'd go into one of two low to high combos and then drop an overhead. I'll have to test this out in practice.

hmm, buffwise, the only thing I'd say he needs is a faster backdash. Since he is meant to be so defensive, it only makes sense to give him something to aid that. Right now its a bit of a stumble which seems out of character for a blind master