What's new

General/Other - Balanced Balanced core and identity (hotfix ideas)

gibster13

A fan of fans
At this rate Kenshi is Helen Keller

The Main issues

-The main issue is there is still no threat of bf3. Neutral duck and run is easy to wreck it. No one is scared full screen. No one will exbf3, what's the point?
-His exdb4 is better but STILL - on hit (-1)
-His j1 is -2 on block WHYYY
-His bf2 is a disabled version of emacs push.
" Give it a better hitbox or something like that
- He needs armour of exrk or something. His game was the fear of it and without it he might as well be a nugget.

He is mystic emac on a budget
He is a ford in a Bentley garage
He is the ugly ducking
He truly is the handicapped

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
At this rate Kenshi is Helen Keller

The Main issues

-The main issue is there is still no threat of bf3. Neutral duck and run is easy to wreck it. No one is scared full screen. No one will exbf3, what's the point?
-His exdb4 is better but STILL - on hit (-1)
-His j1 is -2 on block WHYYY
-His bf2 is a disabled version of emacs push.
" Give it a better hitbox or something like that
- He needs armour of exrk or something. His game was the fear of it and without it he might as well be a nugget.

He is mystic emac on a budget
He
Mystic Ermac's meterless push is a bill

trufenix

bye felicia
I hear that making long winded training mode videos and saying things aren't working right is the best way to get buffs.

snort

Noob
This is not about me or anyone winning or losing.
This is a place to propose changes to improve this variation. If you don't have ideas, this thread is not for you.
Your right, its not about you its about Kenshi. But the thing is every time I log on to the site I have to see a dumb Kenshi thread on the front page about buffs. Not even the SZ unbreakable players whine as much as Kenshi babys do and that var was worse than any Kenshi var prepatch.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Your right, its not about you its about Kenshi. But the thing is every time I log on to the site I have to see a dumb Kenshi thread on the front page about buffs. Not even the SZ unbreakable players whine as much as Kenshi babys do and that var was worse than any Kenshi var prepatch.
I would rather prefer to see threads in a front page everyday (that I don't even have to visit), than to experience the almost 18 months agony I have experienced as a Kenshi player. If you are not a Kenshi player you saved that part, at least show empathy for those who couldn't save it. Just ignore the threads, problem solved.

Nobody prohibited Sub players to point out the flaws of their character, and I'm pretty sure they did too.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
To be honest I think that balanced is in a good spot right now, his mid range game is better than it ever has been and he is just okay at everything else, it may just be my taste in characters but I like characters like that, although if I got my best anti air back I sure as hell won't complain. I don't think losing exrk is the end of the world though. He has other tools in his arsenal that make him strong. But of course I'm in the extreme minority of the kenshi community. But as it stands I'm very happy with kenshi. But i do like the buffs you suggested, and do think that it would bump him up from mid tier to high tier. Which would probably give me enough incentive to main him full time again instead of being a secondary to lasher

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Bill = bill of goods = dummy = advertised to be better than it actually is.
It's not his regular push that makes him so good though.

E: All I want is for TF to be safer on whiff, seriously, why are they so insistent on keeping it unsafe as FUCK on whiff? DB4 should also be more + on hit.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I have an interesting idea for bf3:
make ex BF3 minus like 10 or 14 on block. however all 4 hits should come out on block and whiff, dealing good chip damage (4%, the last hit does the most chip). There is a gap before the last hit so you can back dash fullscreen to avoid chip and make ex BF3 more minus on block (-18 or 19, must not -20 or else Scorpion can fullscreen punish with teleport), but you sacrifice 1 bar of stamina, and create more distance for Kenshi to zone

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Kenshi is a top zoner now with the stamina changes and armor being remove from most advancing specials. No more armorimg through your specials and Kenshi has a few faster strings. Oh..did I mention he has safe options and some strings that are plus on block? Specials that are plus on EX into a mixup if you are by the corner.

Stop downplaying Kenshi, he is hella good now. Don't let Piggy Wiggy tell you he suck.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Kenshi is a top zoner now with the stamina changes and armor being remove from most advancing specials. No more armorimg through your specials and Kenshi has a few faster strings. Oh..did I mention he has safe options and some strings that are plus on block? Specials that are plus on EX into a mixup if you are by the corner.

Stop downplaying Kenshi, he is hella good now. Don't let Piggy Wiggy tell you he suck.
wat? Most advancing armor moves have been BUFFED, dog.. SZ slide, Reptile slide, Raiden superman, Scorpion slide, Jason clothesline, etc. all have 2 hits of armor now, the only exception is Kano, but that's only because his EX ball also doubles as a launcher.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
wat? Most advancing armor moves have been BUFFED, dog.. SZ slide, Reptile slide, Raiden superman, Scorpion slide, Jason clothesline, etc. all have 2 hits of armor now, the only exception is Kano, but that's only because his EX ball also doubles as a launcher.
The stuff that allows you to combo after I mean.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
I have a question. I dont play kenshi so im just curious. Does his parry work on jumpins and if it does cant he use that and full combo punish jumpins?

If it doesnt would something like that work for him as a buff

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I have a question. I dont play kenshi so im just curious. Does his parry work on jumpins and if it does cant he use that and full combo punish jumpins?

No, it doesn't work. And that is an interesting idea, actually.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
I only thought Kenshi was bad due to the simple fact that everyone in prepatch MKX was super crazy. Everything has been toned down, you only lost armor on your ONE move to anti air, which in reality is not really that bad, since everyone now can consistently AA with any fast normal.
give it up i tried but they refuse to admit Kenshi got better at least in balanced from a plethora of changes(buffs) and one nerf. Lost armor on Karma Eruption. I feel he got alot better but don't know where he is in the current meta as of yet. but these guys will not allow such things to be said about their beloved Kenshi.
I only say this because i simply said that i thought he got better and was starting to like the changes. and got blown up by 5 members who was claiming he got worse from the buffs all because of EX Karma lost armor even though it retained it's laucnhing into combo properties from air when they try to jump in. and when they try to jump over EX Spirit push.

In Conclusion i agree with you and just dissagree with the other 5. but thats fine. I don't mind that they think he is total garbage. worse thing that could happen is Kenshi gets a load of buffs and then becoms OP which i doubt it but could get bad attention. on other hand could recieve buffs and get even better. Either way i make out like a bandit all the while saying he is good as is. Can't get any better than that. So don't mistake my dissagreement with hate towards you guys. I enjoy most of your guys posts and look forward to reading them :D

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg

no it does not. But he has imo a decent D2 and a decent Standing 1. also depending on the distance of jump in Normal Rising Karma works. Tele-Flurry can connect against males in air as well. but for crossovers i only use D2 and 1. the parry is mainly used for anti Zoning and can be used with mad skills for Anti combos and reversal's.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
no it does not. But he has imo a decent D2 and a decent Standing 1. also depending on the distance of jump in Normal Rising Karma works. Tele-Flurry can connect against males in air as well. but for crossovers i only use D2 and 1. the parry is mainly used for anti Zoning and can be used with mad skills for Anti combos and reversal's.
then maybe im not understanding the arguement but i thought that the complaints were for a reliable anti air in the form of armor on rising karma.