What's new

Balance patch changes (Major patch) discussion

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Make throws less Godlike. A throw should not counter most of the entire roster's move list.

Give characters their owns gear overflow that we can choose what goes in. Too many duplicate epic items and selling them is useless. Let me roll into a different epic piece for 5 tokens or something.

And you know what? Screw it, make everything unsafe and punishable for everyone. No more complaining and arguing over which moves are/aren't safe and who should/shouldn't get nerfed into obscurity. If you have the ability to read and block something (normals, specials, etc), then you have the ability to combo punish. The person blocking should be at advantage 100% when fighting in close. Then everyone can finally stop talking about dive kicks, or f23 breath, or fate's teleport overhead, or catwoman's b3, and on and on. Never going to happen, but it sure would clean up the forums.

Make throws less Godlike. A throw should not counter most of the entire roster's move list.

Give characters their owns gear overflow that we can choose what goes in. Too many duplicate epic items and selling them is useless. Let me roll into a different epic piece for 5 tokens or something.

And you know what? Screw it, make everything unsafe and punishable for everyone. No more complaining and arguing over which moves are/aren't safe and who should/shouldn't get nerfed into obscurity. If you have the ability to read and block something (normals, specials, etc), then you have the ability to combo punish. The person blocking should be at advantage 100% when fighting in close. Then everyone can finally stop talking about dive kicks, or f23 breath, or fate's teleport overhead, or catwoman's b3, and on and on. Never going to happen, but it sure would clean up the forums.
Are you serious can't tell?

Some ideas on pgs i know a bit:
Black Adam: well, his dmg being ridicolous and he getting picked as secondary by anyone (or as main lol) that's playing competitive is pretty annoying. Needs an hard scaling, something that will lead to meterless combo <250, with bar <450. Trait not killing, and optional mb divekick not + on block

Aquaman needs b123 at -2 or -3, possibly slower trait charge and optional slower b2.
The versatility of trident rush is nonsense, but most of all the chiprush gameplan is the dumbest thing that Aquaman can pull off, so way less chip damage from trident rush /mb trident rush (from 30% to even 50%).

Batman ji2 should start slower probably, and with 1 bat at the start of the game. Nerf the throw/trait thing even tho is not world breaking. Trait recharge slower. There's possibly some frame that we can touch a bit but i leave that to you. Possible very little damage reduction.

Superman: Ice Breath more - on block, less dmg with combos that start from mb f3

Deadshot: bf1 building less meter. mb db2 pushing back way less so DS will be less rewarded by that autopilot play agains pgs that have no better option than slowly approach. f1 start 7/8 from 6, 9 is too much tho

Supergirl: her gameplay is obvious since she has 2 options (b123 and d1) with easily exploitable gaps, so close one gap and give her a bit more damage due to intensive bars usage, optional b123 -5

Atrocitus: trait regenerates slower, more scaling on combos with trait, less chip damage when trait out
I don't like the idea of trait going away with hit/pushblock, actually activating trait is not that obvious and what's the other option? giving him insta trait? OR we can argue that he needs skill to activate it and it's ok, but then once activated if timed properly he will still apply his insane pressure, so imho the changes need to be different if we move in that sense. Maybe -50% trait on pushblock + slower recharge and more usage at barrier activation

Wonder Woman: 223 gap removed, not random trait pls

Harley: Ji2 slower, d1 -2/-3?

Fate: better inputs i guess, i've seen a lot of people complaining, and personally i remember i got that healing ankh sometimes when i played a month ago or so
Not nerfing him in any way, not even buffin, let's see what will happen, with the solid nerf of the high tiers he will look very balanced and playable imho

Swamp Thing: he's seriously helpless, need some decent buffs for sure. I can't think of anything smart atm

I don't understand people wanting the removal of a gap in WoWo's 223. I mean.... are people actually trying to use this move? Like..... even if it had no gap, it's not gonna be used more. It's a filler move. It's like her B112 string. It's just filler. It accomplishes basically nothing.

The want of damage reduction to Black Canary is downright retarded and stinks of jealousy without understanding of her character. She can't even get in on Wonder Woman if the WoWo player is on point in mid-range. Most of her moves are negative on block. The Canary drop may be hard to block if used properly, but if it is blocked, she's getting punished and usually hard.

You want a damage reduction? On Black Canary?

Try getting in on Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Fate, WW, Superman, Batman, Red Hood, and Darkseid with nothing but a lvl 3 Cry and a fucking VERY hittable Cartwheel for a few sets and THEN tell me she needs a gotdamn damage nerf!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't understand people wanting the removal of a gap in WoWo's 223. I mean.... are people actually trying to use this move? Like..... even if it had no gap, it's not gonna be used more. It's a filler move. It's like her B112 string. It's just filler. It accomplishes basically nothing.
What do you mean? It's plus 12! You can easily jail into to stuff. It would but stupid as hell for that string to not have a gap.

Edit: Actually no I was wrong, it wouldn't just be stupid, it'd be a block infinite.

DeftMonk

Noob
Mostly sarcastic. The throw and gear stuff I would love to see down the line, but my rant is an impossible idea that would never happen.
I wasnt gonna say anything to your post but there is a bit of depth that would disappear entirely if what you proposed came to be. The meta would be two people playing like they are e honda and turtling in their respective corner waiting to headbutt. If you want to have some friendly matches and are on ps4 add me. djdeftmonk

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
These are awful. You're ruining character identities and giving nothing in return.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I wasnt gonna say anything to your post but there is a bit of depth that would disappear entirely if what you proposed came to be. The meta would be two people playing like they are e honda and turtling in their respective corner waiting to headbutt. If you want to have some friendly matches and are on ps4 add me. djdeftmonk
I'd love to. Except I play on Xbox lol.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
WHY exactly does Superman's f2 have to be 8f? He already has a 7f mid.. just increase the startup on his F2 to at least be 10 frames, that'll normalize most of his shenanigans.
E: How come Matthew McConaughey's b1 was nerfed from 9f to 11f but Superman's f2 remained the same anyways?

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
WHY exactly does Superman's f2 have to be 8f? He already has a 7f mid.. just increase the startup on his F2 to at least be 10 frames, that'll normalize most of his shenanigans.
E: How come Matthew McConaughey's b1 was nerfed from 9f to 11f but Superman's f2 remained the same anyways?
Just because okay?!?! That's all the poor bastard has now to really pressure opponents and you know it's coming so what's the big deal? It's so easy to bait supes into whiffing f2. If it isn't for you, don't worry it will be.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Where is the patch.
Where.
is.
the.
patch.

Zer...iz...ze patch?

Patch? patch?

p
a
t
c
h

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Oh...well there ya go.

I was thinking that they usually do updates when they add the characters to the game , but before they are playable. Like how Hood and Sub-Zero were added for download a couple weeks before they were actually downloadable/playable.