What's new

Balance Changes Wishlist by Our Very Own Rooflemonger

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think all of those are very good and reasonable changes. I would like for Cassie's B3 to be as it was before the day 1 patch, but giving flippin' out an actual use is way more important. I do like that NRS are taking their time and not just nerfing or buffing things and they should definitely take all of these major grievances all players have with these characters and buff only (except those who need some minor nerfs).

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I think all of those are very good and reasonable changes. I would like for Cassie's B3 to be as it was before the day 1 patch, but giving flippin' out an actual use is way more important. I do like that NRS are taking their time and not just nerfing or buffing things and they should definitely take all of these major grievances all players have with these characters and buff only (except those who need some minor nerfs).
I mean, they did nerf characters day -1 and killed D'vorah before she even started....

BUT I will say this, universally, they need to adjust the ground roll because its so damn awkward to do and doesnt come out all the time. They need to make that mechanic a bit easier and less tedious to do. It feels they're making things unnecessarily hard for no reason when you're using resources.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I mean, they did nerf characters day -1 and killed D'vorah before she even started....

BUT I will say this, universally, they need to adjust the ground roll because its so damn awkward to do and doesnt come out all the time. They need to make that mechanic a bit easier and less tedious to do. It feels they're making things unnecessarily hard for no reason when you're using resources.
Good point, the Day 1 nerfs did feel like a knee jerk reaction, especially since they didn't change a freaking thing about Erron.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I think most of those changes where reasonable. My additions to those would be:
Kotal Kahn:
Kotal gets hitboxes fixed on D1, F2, B2, CG and make F1 a mid(11f mid isn't that crazy). Maybe reduce startup of Quake from 41 frames to 31f and reduce recovery of Sunlight by 5-8 frames.

Lao:
Kung Lao gets better buttons not being all unsafe.

D'Vorah:
D'Vorah is way too slow. Change startup if several strings.

Cassie:
Cassie Fatal Blow should be gunshots but half screen. Her FB is easily one of the worst.

Kollector:
I would like Kollector to have cancels back. No infinite but cancels off up mace would be great. He is far from top tier but this would give him a strong tool to use making him better in matchups. As it stands he is only good vs certain characters since many do what he does but better.

Agree strongly with most of these. I do think that Geras needs changes to his KB requirements before any frame data changes. That's what really makes him "OP" imo, is it's so damn easy to activate his KB's. I play Geras, and I don't have to think at all, I just do what I was going to do anyway and KB's activate for me left and right.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Agree strongly with most of these. I do think that Geras needs changes to his KB requirements before any frame data changes. That's what really makes him "OP" imo, is it's so damn easy to activate his KB's. I play Geras, and I don't have to think at all, I just do what I was going to do anyway and KB's activate for me left and right.
I wouldn't change his KG requirements to make him worst, but would change EVERYBODY ELSES to his level of esy execution of KBs :)

mrapchem

Noob

The ground roll definitely needs some adjustment. Given how powerful knockdowns are in this game, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to hold L2 and a direction to roll on wakeup.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The ground roll definitely needs some adjustment. Given how powerful knockdowns are in this game, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to hold L2 and a direction to roll on wakeup.
YES! That would be dope! I mean, that could make rolls way more powerful because holding L2 just delays the wakeup. But delaying wakeup AND an option to roll afterwards? I dont think NRS would make that happen.

mrapchem

Noob
YES! That would be dope! I mean, that could make rolls way more powerful because holding L2 just delays the wakeup. But delaying wakeup AND an option to roll afterwards? I dont think NRS would make that happen.
Yeah, I think you're right about that. The three defensive wake up options should work as follows in my opinion:

hold L2 only to delay wake-up; pressing any button afterwards will make you get up
hold L2 and back to backwards roll,
and hold L2 and forward to forward roll.

They can keep the offensive wake-ups exactly how they are now.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yeah, I think you're right about that. The three defensive wake up options should work as follows in my opinion:

hold L2 only to delay wake-up; pressing any button afterwards will make you get up

I like that adjustmen. Dear @16 Bit May this go into consideration pleeeeeeeease? Graci :)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

agreed .... the amount of failed attempts when trying to do all of these defensive options with the current combination commands MK 11 has to offer is just .... annoying ! :mad:

your sugestion is really welcome, and could solve this issue, indeed. ;)

mrapchem

Noob
agreed .... the amount of failed attempts when trying to do all of these defensive options with the current combination commands MK 11 has to offer is just .... annoying ! :mad:

your sugestion is really welcome, and could solve this issue, indeed. ;)
I too have definitely eaten full combos after getting up simply because I was trying to wake-up roll. It is truly awful. Thank you for your kind words.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet's overhead doesn't need to be faster. this will make her 50-50 busted as fuck with slow blood ball.

Skarlet's overhead should just launch ppl on Krushing Blow, right now its her worst KB by far.

Other than that her parry needs 2 frames reduction on startup, its slower than her own jab.

and she is pretty much complete

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu

Good point, the Day 1 nerfs did feel like a knee jerk reaction, especially since they didn't change a freaking thing about Erron.
I disagree in saying this in this scenario. Technically nobody was supposed to be playing the game pre-day 1. Who even knows how long they had that update planned? I doubt it was like a week though.

I wouldn't change his KG requirements to make him worst, but would change EVERYBODY ELSES to his level of esy execution of KBs :)
I strongly disagree. It might make sense to have one Kounter/Punish triggered KB for some characters - but imagine if all KBs in the game were activated this way. The mechanic would become braindead and pointless

Skarlet's overhead doesn't need to be faster. this will make her 50-50 busted as fuck with slow blood ball.

Skarlet's overhead should just launch ppl on Krushing Blow, right now its her worst KB by far.

Other than that her parry needs 2 frames reduction on startup
I thought the same thing. Sub-zero's overhead is virtually unreactable at 19f, we don't need more of that.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I thought the same thing. Sub-zero's overhead is virtually unreactable at 19f, we don't need more of that.
Skarlet's lows are already unreactable and there is one that has massive range and its a combo starter, if one is trying to guard the overhead too much she can just check their legs as much as she needs or simply throw them if they are standing and crouching way too much.

Making the overhead faster than already is its going to break her neutral game instead which in the corner, and even midscreen with the massive range her low and overhead has its going to be the best ranged 50-50 in the game, even better than geras.

The parry thing its necessary because sometimes you make a read, you jump without nothing and you start to parry as you land and the opponent hits you before the parry activates.
Same goes in certain gaps or spaces in between during neutral and her parry just feels slower in general, so a 2 frames reduction would make the actual parry something to be feared. I know it has the advantage of decieving people with the block animation which is amazing, but still, i think it should have been at least two frames faster than what it is currently.

Last edited: