What's new

Bad cops killing people again! (RIP John Crawford)

haketh

Noob
People that spout that bullshit rhetoric also forget Black People in America have been treated like non second class citizens for a short amount of time after hundred of years of being treated like subhumans and forced to believe that we're subhuman.

Theirs a great quote on this

If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
"This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."

When it comes down to it, all white people hate black people and are all bigoted and racist. There will never be any progress in society until all whites accept this absolute truth. Only whites are ignorant and just devour news stories, nobody else. White people are solely driven by fox news and the Republican party, and are handed everything in life for free because they're white and the glass ceiling is 4 real. Good luck everybody else.

haketh

Noob
When it comes down to it, all white people hate black people and are all bigoted and racist. There will never be any progress in society until all whites accept this absolute truth. Only whites are ignorant and just devour news stories, nobody else. White people are solely driven by fox news and the Republican party, and are handed everything in life for free because they're white and the glass ceiling is 4 real. Good luck everybody else.

I am happy you've been able to recognize your privilege

nwo

Noob
I hope this is satire.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah, let's fight racism with more fucking racism.

The majority of whites are living in the 21st century and don't give a shit what race you are. That is not to say racism isnt a problem, but to say every white is racist is equivalent to me saying every black person is a thug. It is not true and gets the discussion nowhere.

Just to disprove your point, here are some of the white leaders of the civil rights movement:
Eleanor Roosevelt
John F. Kennedy
Robert F. Kennedy
The Rockefeller foundatiion(founded first Black Women's college in U.S.)
The United States Supreme court in 1954, which had the cases like Brown v. Board of Education, which led to the desegregation of schools(None of them were black)

Hell, how do you think a Black President was elected? America was 72% white when he was first elected, surely they wouldnt have voted for a black person if they were all racist?

I was just expressing the shit I see on FB all day. I don't ignore that white males are probably the luckiest people on earth, but start getting the hell over yourself. This isn't 1802, you can do whatever you want in life regardless of your race, or upbringing. If you want to be a thug, you're an idiot, skin color is irrelevant, you're just an idiot. If you want to be president, you're gonna work your ass off your entire life. I know there's parts of the country where legitimate hard working black people can't find work, and still face ignorant racism. But I guarantee there's parts of the country where it's exactly the same, just the other way around. And there's just always gonna be this tension, there's always gonna be prejudice as long as there's more than one race. Idiots are going to think they're better for some stupid reason, just the way of the world. Best we can do is teach our kids to not adopt this mentality.

Yeah, let's fight racism with more fucking racism.

The majority of whites are living in the 21st century and don't give a shit what race you are. That is not to say racism isnt a problem, but to say every white is racist is equivalent to me saying every black person is a thug. It is not true and gets the discussion nowhere.

Just to disprove your point, here are some of the white leaders of the civil rights movement:
Eleanor Roosevelt
John F. Kennedy
Robert F. Kennedy
The Rockefeller foundatiion(founded first Black Women's college in U.S.)
The United States Supreme court in 1954, which had the cases like Brown v. Board of Education, which led to the desegregation of schools(None of them were black)

Hell, how do you think a Black President was elected? America was 72% white when he was first elected, surely they wouldnt have voted for a black person if they were all racist?
Dude that entire post was me being a drunken smartass lol. It was a sarcastic rant, out of frustration.

I'd also like to point out that I've been searching for work for over 3 months and can't get a call back. I'm white as copy paper and don't have a single blemish on my criminal record. So there's no white privilege where I live

Isn't open carry different from brandishing a firearm? Why was he swinging the gun back and forth, finger on trigger, gripped in hand? The officers yelled get down or put the gun down and he jerked his left arm up with firearm. This was not murder. This was a stupid kid that got shot for being stupid.

Zoidberg747

Isn't open carry different from brandishing a firearm? Why was he swinging the gun back and forth, finger on trigger, gripped in hand? The officers yelled get down or put the gun down and he jerked his left arm up with firearm. This was not murder. This was a stupid kid that got shot for being stupid.
Yes, but the video shows he DID put the gun down, and then they shot him again.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
@DuBBer Kiir

If you were pulled over by a cop, you are three times less likely to be searched

If you committed a crime as a young man, you are more likely to receive a lighter punishment

If you are caught with drugs, you are 48 times less likely to go to jail than your black friend with the same crime

If you apply for a home mortgage, you are half as likely to be turned down

If you violate school rules, you are less likely to be suspended or expelled than a minority student.

If you apply for a business loan, you are more likely to be approved than your minority friend

If you apply for a job, you are 50% more likely to receive a callback because of your "white name" than your black friend with a "black name".

Your own personal anecdotes don't cancel out statistics and facts.
Educate yourself and try to understand how your experiences aren't the entire world.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
/facepalm

@DuBBer Kiir

If you were pulled over by a cop, you are three times less likely to be searched
I've been pulled over numerous times in the last 4 years, been searched 60 percent of those times, and gotten 5 speeding tickets in said time frame. One was even for going just 4 over in a school zone on a Sunday, no special treatment. Also lead to me getting my license suspended for a month.

If you committed a crime as a young man, you are more likely to receive a lighter punishment[/USER]
As poor as I am, I don't commit crimes, however my brother used to be involved with some bad people and got felony charges for selling weed. He got a horrible punishment and is still paying off the debt he collected from over 6 years ago. He did a lot of jail time and just got off probation a few months ago. During the time of his probation he wasn't allowed to leave the state, and was hard pressed to find work. No special treatment.

@If you are caught with drugs, you are 48 times less likely to go to jail than your black friend with the same crime
Refer to second quote.

Reactions: nwo

nwo

Noob
I'm white and have no criminal record, not even a speeding ticket within the last 5 years. I've been unlawfully frisked and my vehicle searched at least once by the police.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
@DuBBer Kiir

If you committed a crime as a young man, you are more likely to receive a lighter punishment

If you are caught with drugs, you are 48 times less likely to go to jail than your black friend with the same crime

If you violate school rules, you are less likely to be suspended or expelled than a minority student.

If you apply for a business loan, you are more likely to be approved than your minority friend

If you apply for a job, you are 50% more likely to receive a callback because of your "white name" than your black friend with a "black name".

Educate yourself and try to understand how your experiences aren't the entire world.
I may not necessarily agree with either of you (I'm 17 and have lived in a nice suburban area my whole life, so I don't believe I've had the life experience to take a side here) but at least you are providing legitimate evidence here. Respect for that.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Police forces are under trained and overly militarized. When officers have an active agenda to make arrests, and supreme court rules that officers have no obligation to protect and serve, only to enforce laws it makes you wonder who really benefits.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Police forces are under trained and overly militarized. When officers have an active agenda to make arrests, and supreme court rules that officers have no obligation to protect and serve, only to enforce laws it makes you wonder who really benefits.
Pretty much.

They're definitely protecting and serving something, alright. It's not you and me, though.

Zoidberg747

@DuBBer Kiir

Where do you get these claims from? Not saying they aren't true, I'd just like to see the sources.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
The real question here is how many of you would actually care if this was just a neighborhood murder, rather than a cop?