What's new

Backdash Adam.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Then proceed to execute a normal attack and watch the results.
Forward dashes recover so much quicker.

It's the answer to your problem, but I have seen about 3 other players use it. Thats why alot of BA shit seems to bother so many people.

A lot of characters forward attacks aren't like wonder womans dash man. They don't go as far. Normal attacks will still whiff. Anyways it don't matter...

Imo if they nerfed the Back Dash BA could keep everything else.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
A lot of characters forward attacks aren't like wonder womans dash man. They don't go as far. Normal attacks will still whiff. Anyways it don't matter...

Imo if they nerfed the Back Dash BA could keep everything else.
Tell me the character you're having the problem with, gimme a couple seconds in practice and I'll give you the answer.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yes I have tried it in "practise" lol

It's a 50/50 you have to read the dash. If you do, you can usually get at least block string pressure. If he d1's your going to get zapped.

That's cool I accept it. Just my opinion for a solution to the character that would let him keep his dive kicks.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I think his backdash is one of the things that keeps him unique. I mean no doubt it is one of the best in the game. He doesn't need it as much as some other characters. However, it is one of his tools. I don't think we should nerf every tool that is above average. Everyone has something good about them... maybe not Harley... :p

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Ya, and eat 50+. BAs i play with are not that stupid to perform one single script.
Its a read, if a BA player is stupid enough to start pressingg buttons after a blocked divekick, they're gonna die first. The general reaction to divekicks is to do a normal on the first one to check them, and then see if they backdash, then you've established the mind game.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Its a read, if a BA player is stupid enough to start pressingg buttons after a blocked divekick, they're gonna die first. The general reaction to divekicks is to do a normal on the first one to check them, and then see if they backdash, then you've established the mind game.
The guy already has the dumbest jump arc in the game. That combined with his backdash and his safe dive kick make him such a stupid ass character. And the lightening and black magic hitting you when you're airborne? Ridiculous. I say let him keep his stuff, but Dive Kick should be punishable by 8 frame normals or faster.

Uber

Noob

You have to admit though, its kind of a YOLO read that BA forces you to make. Sure you can dash in and try to punish, but he can also read that and rape your face off for it (and probably for more damage then you would have gotten for dashing in). The fact that he can create this situation at almost anytime he wants, combined with the fact that he can shoot crap at you to force you to make the read, makes his backdash pretty stupid. His backdash could easily be nerfed a bit and it wouldn't kill the character, it would just allow certain characters a better chance to win against him.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You have to admit though, its kind of a YOLO read that BA forces you to make. Sure you can dash in and try to punish, but he can also read that and rape your face off for it (and probably for more damage then you would have gotten for dashing in). The fact that he can create this situation at almost anytime he wants, combined with the fact that he can shoot crap at you to force you to make the read, makes his backdash pretty stupid. His backdash could easily be nerfed a bit and it wouldn't kill the character, it would just allow certain characters a better chance to win against him.
Its a full combo for either player, you could always just stand there and do nothing, which is actually a pretty good option tbh.
BA has a similar weakness to Reptile, if you can get him within a certain distance he can't jump at you, cant hit you with normals and cant divekick.

I see what you're saying though, but he could have an Aquaman backdash and still escape most shit if he backdashes after a divekick, so you'd still have to dash forward after him anyway.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
the person who said black adam was "not that good" and that he would never win a major now wants his backdash nerfed

im never letting you off the hook for this, well be playing mk12 and ill be pming you " hey chance, remember that one time when..."

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
the person who said black adam was "not that good" and that he would never win a major now wants his backdash nerfed

im never letting you off the hook for this, well be playing mk12 and ill be pming you " hey chance, remember that one time when..."

Hehe, I will wear the badge with honor. The Jade Paranoia runs deep lol.