What's new

Question Back dashing after daggers in close pressure

Flagg

Noob
I'm not very skilled with Skarlet, but she is still my favourite character to watch and I STILL think she is one of the best characters in the game.

I just saw a thread about Skarlet players throwing more...do any of you use back dash in daggers cancels for up close? I know the drive to dash forward and keep trying to pin them down with chip pressure is great, but back dashing might be a good way to bait a whiffed attack.

I know it's not an entirely new concept, but I thought it surely is a good way of baiting whiff attacks for someone who is waiting to low poke or hit a shitty 6 frame jab/launcher. Most people even after a down poke, will do something straight away as they believe they have the frame advantage. It might be a good idea even to see how they react to her up close pressure and how you can mix things up.

Thoughts?

RUNFORIT1

Not a new member, stop changing it to that tym.
I don't see the point in forfeiting the extra chip damage, because only scrubs will attempt to do something after an ex dagger up close. Anyone who knows their stuff will invariably respect it since it gives so much advantage that there's nothing they can do after blocking it. If you did throw an ex dagger and then back dash against a player who knows his/her stuff, you'll most likely just see them crouch block and so will have missed an opportunity for more pressure.

I'm sure he ment off of a regular dagger. where the person knows they have a shot to poke you after a dagger if you dash cancel it.

Because yeah, otherwise Ia gree with you runforit, no point in losing out on building like half a bar of meter, and chip damage in hopes they poke out at a time they shouldn't poke out of (If it's EX dagger)

ryublaze

Noob
How close do you mean? I don't think it's very wise to do them at sweep distance cuz daggers are negative on block and one jump can give your opponent a full combo. Usually I throw ground dagger up close after a knockdown against a character like Kitana cuz the dagger beats her wake-ups, or if my opponent's trying to move in on me while I'm throwing ground daggers. I confirm whether the dagger hits or gets blocked, if it hits then I dash forward into pressure, otherwise I backdash.

RUNFORIT1

Not a new member, stop changing it to that tym.
I'm sure he ment off of a regular dagger. where the person knows they have a shot to poke you after a dagger if you dash cancel it.

Because yeah, otherwise Ia gree with you runforit, no point in losing out on building like half a bar of meter, and chip damage in hopes they poke out at a time they shouldn't poke out of (If it's EX dagger)
Oh right i get you. But it still seems pretty useless anyway, because why would you do a regular dagger up close? That's extremely punishable xD

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm not very skilled with Skarlet, but she is still my favourite character to watch and I STILL think she is one of the best characters in the game.

I just saw a thread about Skarlet players throwing more...do any of you use back dash in daggers cancels for up close? I know the drive to dash forward and keep trying to pin them down with chip pressure is great, but back dashing might be a good way to bait a whiffed attack.

I know it's not an entirely new concept, but I thought it surely is a good way of baiting whiff attacks for someone who is waiting to low poke or hit a shitty 6 frame jab/launcher. Most people even after a down poke, will do something straight away as they believe they have the frame advantage. It might be a good idea even to see how they react to her up close pressure and how you can mix things up.

Thoughts?
D4~dC Back Dash, and 3~DC back Dash are actually very good footsie tools against players who knows well how to stop skarlet pressure, the push back of D4 and 3 Back dash makes it safe if you're not too close to them.

D4~DC will whiff but they can't just simply armor to catch skarlet in the process due back dashing, and the counter reads and F4 punish.

3~DC Back dash also spaces well

The downside of D4~DC is that doesn't do any damage, but build a bit of meter.