What's new

Strategy back 23 grants frame advantage when batmans back is to the corner...

probably has been mentioned before but whatever... point is he has no distance to travel back so hes at advantage, also he can combo off it with his back to the corner without bats

seems significant from setting cpu to jump

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
probably has been mentioned before but whatever... point is he has no distance to travel back so hes at advantage, also he can combo off it with his back to the corner without bats

seems significant from setting cpu to jump
Wow... And here I thought he would remain minus and more punishable.....

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Hell yea it is! b23 grapple is actually a frame trap in the corner. If they try to do ANYTHING but duck they get hit with the grapple and vs most characters its actually safe.

Hell yea it is! b23 grapple is actually a frame trap in the corner. If they try to do ANYTHING but duck they get hit with the grapple and vs most characters its actually safe.
i wonder if he can do anything with his trait or batarangs/ex batarangs in that situation

probably.. probably can use batarang block stun to extend pressure with bat bots

after a reset in the corner...

112 trait b23 (batarang) trait release?? something of that nature pushblock isa nightmare though thats why i like to go for mixups

this would make the optimal crossover in the corner string b23, does plenty of damage... grants a full combo and grants frame advantage on the block.

RapZiLLa54

i wonder if he can do anything with his trait or batarangs/ex batarangs in that situation

probably.. probably can use batarang block stun to extend pressure with bat bots

after a reset in the corner...

112 trait b23 (batarang) trait release?? something of that nature pushblock isa nightmare though thats why i like to go for mixups
Yea that would definitely work with your back against the corner not so much with your opponent in the corner though. Weird thing about releasing batbots in the corner is its the exact same thing that happened with a perfect forceball with Reptile when the opponent is in the corner. You hit some kind of invisible wall not allowing you to cross over or even sometimes barely connecting your jump in2 or 3.

Yea that would definitely work with your back against the corner not so much with your opponent in the corner though. Weird thing about releasing batbots in the corner is its the exact same thing that happened with a perfect forceball with Reptile when the opponent is in the corner. You hit some kind of invisible wall not allowing you to cross over or even sometimes barely connecting your jump in2 or 3.
dont jump? do a 12 or something...?

RapZiLLa54

LMAO not a damn chance. Frame data is all screwed up. If you want to see for yourself put the computer on always block and then jump.

Release all the bats from point blank, he'll jump immediately after the last bat hits and all your strings will connect in the air. You have to do strings WHILE they are blocking bats, not after or just as.

LMAO not a damn chance. Frame data is all screwed up. If you want to see for yourself put the computer on always block and then jump.

Release all the bats from point blank, he'll jump immediately after the last bat hits and all your strings will connect in the air. You have to do strings WHILE they are blocking bats, not after or just as.
well when you release them from a distance which would be after b23 like i said then there is advantage because of the distance traveled and your movement.

RapZiLLa54

well when you release them from a distance which would be after b23 like i said then there is advantage because of the distance traveled and your movement.
You might be right but it will be very close, the dashing in might negate the advantage you have.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I think the grapple or ex batarang would still hit you but not fully tested, I'll confirm later tonight.
5$ says that if you jump out of the last explosion of b23 in this situation you land on batman's head for full combo.

what say you?

EDIT: trait baits AA-ing the jump out doesn't count

RapZiLLa54

5$ says that if you jump out of the last explosion of b23 in this situation you land on batman's head for full combo.

what say you?

EDIT: trait baits AA-ing the jump out doesn't count

I think you might be right but for $5 bucks why the fuck not. I'll take this bet. What about up batarang? In fact from that distance I believe that would hit the jumping opponent and also block stun a grounded opponent as well. I want 2 MCchickens, 1 McDouble, a small drink and small fry please. :)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I think you might be right but for $5 bucks why the fuck not. I'll take this bet. What about up batarang? In fact from that distance I believe that would hit the jumping opponent and also block stun a grounded opponent as well. I want 2 MCchickens, 1 McDouble, a small drink and small fry please. :)
lol done

it depends on what distance you mean by "back to the corner". I imagine it's any distance where the jump out will land on batman.

you win if batman can block the jump in. there's no way in hell you'll get up batarang out in time to AA

RapZiLLa54

lol done

it depends on what distance you mean by "back to the corner". I imagine it's any distance where the jump out will land on batman.

you win if batman can block the jump in. there's no way in hell you'll get up batarang out in time to AA

When I say back to the corner I mean literal where b23 into grapple actually connects for a combo. I think he recovers at the same time the bomb explodes so the up batarang at 14 frames will definitely connect before you get a jump in. Will record tonight and post it up to show the world of my $5 mcdonalds earnings! lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
waaiiiiit, so bats on block Arent advantage at pointblank? then how much advantage are they from a distance? also this frame advantage stuff on b23 in the corner is great! :D.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Bats on block are either 0 or maybe +1 on block from any distance no matter how many bats.
but you can move while the bats are still going, so ur telling me that if ur able to attack at the same time the bats hit on block, ur not at advantage?

in any case, the bats can still be used a lot like reptiles forceballs correct? and by that i mean following behind them and such.