What's new

Question back 121 slide questions

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I quite like 212~freeze, jps b121, dash, d4, dash 22 pressure. I'm not sure if the 22 is guaranteed to force them to block after d4 hits though?

Yesterday I did a 212~freeze, dash, normal ground freeze (which doesn't freeze them) and started with the 212~freeze again. Kinda funny and I'm sure it won't work against players not sleeping but after you've done a few ex ground freeze resets it can work, if only for the lulz.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
just stick to the resets and 2,2 pressure. Until the resets are gone that is. :'(
Sub's 50/50 reset will still be there, they're just altering his ex groundfreeze one so that your opponent can get out by staying at neautral in the same way they can after a 22, freeze into the b2 reset... The b2 is still a large part of Sub's game used properly.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
The most practical use for b121 I've been able to find is: 22, freeze, jip b121 followed by a safe jump into either a throw on block for 37% or jip, 214, slide for another 29% just because 214 is easliy hit confirmed into a clone a block. I know others have already been using b121 for pressure but I don't like all the unsafe Spartan kick into slide mixups. I prefer this one. What do you guys think?

The most practical use for b121 I've been able to find is: 22, freeze, jip b121 followed by a safe jump into either a throw on block for 37% or jip, 214, slide for another 29% just because 214 is easliy hit confirmed into a clone a block. I know others have already been using b121 for pressure but I don't like all the unsafe Spartan kick into slide mixups. I prefer this one. What do you guys think?
That's what I've been saying all along, man. Freeze, JIP b+1,2,1, into 2,1,4 xx Clone does slightly more dmg than Freeze, JIP 2,1,4 xx Slide, and it builds you meter. The only thing it lacks is wall-carry, and that's only slight. If you continue the pressure with 2,1 mixups, then you can potentially get more wall-carry, and more dmg and meter.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Damn, can't believe I never heard about this till now. I'll have to test it out when I get home. Though, I know people find the B 1 2 not useful for a combo beginner, it does do 32% damage instead of 29%. It's something I'll use if I get a jip. Why not? This is really good stuff though. Eliminating wake up attacks and leaving you with an advantage is always nice.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
That's what I've been saying all along, man. Freeze, JIP b+1,2,1, into 2,1,4 xx Clone does slightly more dmg than Freeze, JIP 2,1,4 xx Slide, and it builds you meter. The only thing it lacks is wall-carry, and that's only slight. If you continue the pressure with 2,1 mixups, then you can potentially get more wall-carry, and more dmg and meter.
Yeah. I am thinking it's actually pretty good. I also got things a bit confused when i explained in my last post. I emant to say, after the b121 you can dash up and throw or do a 214, clone, 212, clone 214, slide on hit, etc, but, if you go for 22, freeze, b12 the stagger creates a a safe crossover jump and it can really confuse an opponent if they haven't seen it before.

Damn, can't believe I never heard about this till now. I'll have to test it out when I get home. Though, I know people find the B 1 2 not useful for a combo beginner, it does do 32% damage instead of 29%. It's something I'll use if I get a jip. Why not? This is really good stuff though. Eliminating wake up attacks and leaving you with an advantage is always nice.
Yeah, I don't use it to start combos. I think 22 and 21 are better for pressure, just because b12 can get beaten out by a lot of stuff. If you have a clone up in the corner you can b12 for the stupid range and the pushback on block will see you get pushed back behind your clone, though. So it has some merit there.

I think b+1,2 should be used as a combo-starter after a JIP. I see no reason not to use it. We all know those moments when you absolutely know that your JIP will land, so why use 2,2 or 2,1 for less dmg when you can have more?

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. There are times when someone whiffs an attack and you can smell that jip coming and if that happens I'll be doing b+1,2 from now on. I honestly don't know though. I used it before I really knew Sub-Zero, and I mainly used to catch people who were ducking and it worked, haven't really tried it since people we're saying it's unsafe and don't use at all. It's not really needed as 2,2 works fine for just about everything but if I can land the jip b+1,2, get more damage and end the combo with B+1,2 I'll do it for sure.