What's new

Strategy Back 1, ex low rang

Espio

Kokomo
So this is really nothing new, but I haven't really seen it discussed or used at all, but one of the few rang set ups I like doing that isn't super gimmicky is when you connect a jump in punch doing back 1, ex low rang.

What I like about this is that the opponent is still in stunned frames when you jump in so you're getting that unbreakable damage plus a jump in punch mix up, chip damage, and more meter.

This isn't used often even by me, but it can be a good idea if your opponent is close to getting a breaker and you want to prevent that or chip them out to close out the round/build some more of your meter back, especially since meter is really important to Jade.

It's a set up I like to use sparingly that I don't see and it's actually really advantageous to use in some situations.

I'm sure this same set up can be used off of other normals that link into ex low rang as well like standing 3 for example.

It's nothing groundbreaking, but I like it.

Toxic

Noob
you're right, this is very handy when they are close to breaker. ive been trying to work around breaker a bit more lately, as off a jip i like to get my damage when i can. thats when she listens anyways lol....she doesnt listen very well =p mind if i add you to play sometime? im not good but working on it = )

Espio

Kokomo
you're right, this is very handy when they are close to breaker. ive been trying to work around breaker a bit more lately, as off a jip i like to get my damage when i can. thats when she listens anyways lol....she doesnt listen very well =p mind if i add you to play sometime? im not good but working on it = )
I'm glad to hear that, sounds like I had excellent timing haha, glad to see you posting too :). Just curious, any particular unbreakable combos or variations you're liking right now? I understand where you're coming from though, landing a jump in punch with Jade people usually wanna get a nice 30-38% punish.

Jade is a strong independent black woman who don't need no man, so she follows nobody's lead lol. Goofing around aside, she's tricky sometimes, especially online so it can be annoying for sure.

You can add Espio872 if you would like and I'm sure you're fine, I love/don't mind playing anyone as long as they're nice and good sports :).

We can both learn something from each other I imagine :).

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
STB Espio
Soooo...you mean if you land a JIP, B1, instead of starting a combo (since they are close to achieving a breaker) you go into EX Rang? So they are stunned from the B1 and the rang is guaranteed to hit them? Even on the way back? I'm trying to picture this...

Espio

Kokomo
STB Espio
Soooo...you mean if you land a JIP, B1, instead of starting a combo (since they are close to achieving a breaker) you go into EX Rang? So they are stunned from the B1 and the rang is guaranteed to hit them? Even on the way back? I'm trying to picture this...

Yes the rang will always hit them on the way back in this particular set up and they'll still be in a stagger state. I can record a video, but I did the set up in my Jade video guide..I think a while ago.

It true combos all the hits of back 1 and the boomerang, which set up the jump in punch.

I always do low rang though, not the other variations of boomerangs.

RunwayMafia

What are some useful rang setups? I'm at the stage in my Jade where I'm looking for useful mind games/mix ups. It sounds good...however I always feel so ghetto using meter on a rang...I'm just not a rang user... and LOL at Jade being a "strong independent black woman who don't need no man"...too funny man.

Espio

Kokomo
What are some useful rang setups? I'm at the stage in my Jade where I'm looking for useful mind games/mix ups. It sounds good...however I always feel so ghetto using meter on a rang...I'm just not a rang user... and LOL at Jade being a "strong independent black woman who don't need no man"...too funny man.

A lot are somewhat gimmicky, which is why I don't use them much. The one I posted isn't. I don't usually like suggesting rang set ups that are gimmicky, just because Jade's meter is important to her moreso than some other characters (albeit she can still do her thing without meter).

If rang set ups aren't your cup of tea, I'd probably just avoid it I guess. I mean for example, I'm familiar with Jade's reset, but I never use it. The reason being that I simply do not like sacrificing damage and also cause her reset isn't guaranteed if the opponent blocks right.

I'm in a goofy mood right now :D.

Toxic

Noob
of course this is all assuming the boomerang does come back lol. its weird my training partner started having it not come back often...then soon after i started having the same issue lol. at any rate yea i dunno about the reset i dont use it either, i need damage. im also baraka so 40% is perfect for me.

i usually do the 42% for a bar with jade using the up rang off a jip b1. gets me by and im pretty consistent with it. also pretty = ) but as they reach breaker i know its pointless to try too hard so b1 into ex low rang is nice to setup another free jump or footsie/ polecat pressure as well.

i think plain polecat is underrated...not used in combo just as pressure i like the way it spaces on block, and not many punish it well so it usually allows for free u3 or rang games. just gotta be careful the 2nd part doesnt put you on the other side of them or youre toast.

Espio

Kokomo
of course this is all assuming the boomerang does come back lol. its weird my training partner started having it not come back often...then soon after i started having the same issue lol. at any rate yea i dunno about the reset i dont use it either, i need damage. im also baraka so 40% is perfect for me.

i usually do the 42% for a bar with jade using the up rang off a jip b1. gets me by and im pretty consistent with it. also pretty = ) but as they reach breaker i know its pointless to try too hard so b1 into ex low rang is nice to setup another free jump or footsie/ polecat pressure as well.

i think plain polecat is underrated...not used in combo just as pressure i like the way it spaces on block, and not many punish it well so it usually allows for free u3 or rang games. just gotta be careful the 2nd part doesnt put you on the other side of them or youre toast.

I've been using this particular set up for almost a year and it always comes back, are you talking about the set up I mentioned or something else that's similar? It has to be apart of a combo to return.

If someone crosses up, for some reason a lot of times the rang won't come back, which is lame -_-. Is that more or less what you're talking about?

That Jade combo is flashy <3.

Pole cat is cool, just wanna be careful on low hitbox characters cause it whiffs so you wanna use 4, staff grab instead on the regular 4, forward 3. I love polecat though, one of my all time favorite strings next to bad girl (23,forward 2).

Toxic

Noob
yea mostly on the crossups but ive had it not come back as plain ex rangs as well...or even if i miss the ex up rang for a mid rang or low rang on accident mid combo it doesnt return. its strange.

polecat does fail on low hitbox characters, even if it doesnt whiff youll end up on the other side so yea pretty bad. bad girl definitely the best, just wish it was easier to be consistent online, im bad at it. ill add ya though well play soon. i finally just started getting 40 no meter so i need to keep on keepin on..as they say = p.

just bear with me im in kind of a style overhaul phase at the moment im pretty terrible lol. i want my one tourney win before im done online warrior style not gonna get it done =p.

Espio

Kokomo
LOL Jade isn't black, I wish NRS would confirm her nationality :confused:

However Jade's voice actress is black but her mokap is an Chinese stuntwoman.

Blakinese! :p
Thank you for taking that seriously lol. You can't say she is or isn't though unless the creators specify.

Also, meme worthy, "says she's not black, is voiced by a black actress" lololol.

(P.S. am not debating such things).

I'd like to discuss the set up however.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Thank you for taking that seriously lol. You can't say she is or isn't though unless the creators specify.

Also, meme worthy, "says she's not black, is voiced by a black actress" lololol.

(P.S. am not debating such things).

I'd like to discuss the set up however.
This is Jade's voice actress

But her mokap is a Chinese stuntwoman which explains why Jade sounds different fighting than the story mode Como se ya!

So Jade is ambiguous! We can call her black, we can call her chinese, we can call her asian, brazilian or indian lol

RunwayMafia

Let's just be real here and cut the bullshit. In Mk3 Jade was BLACK. Then, somehow miraculously through the years, she lightened up. It's lame.