What's new

Tech BA Interactable Resets

Let's face it, this is where it's at. The player who is able to take advantage of his environment the most will have a big advantage over his opponent. And 22% extra damage is nothing to spit on.

Now, landing an unblockable on an opponent getting up is pretty easy and only requires enough frame advantage to deny escape options. The tricky part, is getting the desired position advantage or knowing alternate combo routes that can carry the opponent to the desired position.

Here is a list of combos that allow Black Adam to reset with interactables. From most carrying potential to least.

Midscreen Interactables:
  1. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b1 xx Black Magic, dash twice, 2,2,b1, dash 2,2,b1 > (forward jump) INT = 34+22=56%
  2. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2 xx Black Magic, dash, 2,2,b1, dash 2,2,b1 > (forward jump) INT = 34+22=56%
  3. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2/b1 xx Black Magic, dash, 2,2,b1 > (forward jump) INT = 31+22=53%
  4. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2 xx Lightning Cage MB, b3, dash, 2,2,b1 > (forward jump) INT = 46+22=68%
  5. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2 xx Black Magic, dash once/twice, 2,2,b1, b2,3,u > INT = 35+22=57%
  6. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2,3, 1,1 xx Black Magic, dash, b2,3,u > INT = 39+22=61%
  7. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2 xx Lightning Cage MB, b3, j3, b2,3,u > INT = 51+22=73%
  8. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b1 xx Black Magic, fj2, 2,2,b1, b2,3,u > INT = 37+22=59%
  9. (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b1 xx Black Magic, fj2, 2,2,b1, dash, 1,1 xx Lightning Cage MB, (nj) INT = 41+22=63%
Corner interactables:
  1. jump to self corner (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2/b1 xx Black Magic, backdash > INT = 26+22=48%
  2. jump to self corner (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2,3, 1,1 xx Black Magic MB, backdash > INT = 39+22=61%
  3. jump to self corner (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2 xx Lightning Cage MB, b3 > INT =42+22=64%
  4. opponent cornered (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b2,3, 1,1 xx Black Magic MB, wait, d2 > INT = 41+22=63%
  5. jump out of corner cross-up (j2, 1,1 xx trait) b1 xx Black Magic, fj2, b2 xx Lightning Cage MB > INT = 39+22=61%
Metropolis
I eventually would like to cover every stage and sub levels. Feel free to contribute your findings and setups involving stage interactions.

Metropolis - Street stage

After landing the flying car interactable in Metropolis Street, you can *SOMETIMES* setup an ambiguous cross-up/dive kick by whiffing Lightning Storm first, then jumping in with 2 xx Dive Kick MB. Mixup with close Dive Kick MB/normal cross-up.

You can also use this long knockdown to throw a Lightning Bomb but I couldn't find anything really serious.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
you noobs do know that Black Adam can 2in1 air interactive object cancel out of his b2,3,u?

you noobs do know that Black Adam can 2in1 air interactive object cancel out of his b2,3,u?
Have you even watched the vid lol. I show that a bunch of times. :)

The reason of doing 2,2,b1, dash, 2,2,b1 instead of b2,3,u is because it has more corner carry so in cases where you are too far away from the interactable object I'd use that to get in the sweet spot.

Black Adam is probably one of the best characters for this especially considering his Dive Kick MB + b2,3,u. He can land 50-60% resets from nearly full screen.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Have you even watched the vid lol. I show that a bunch of times. :)

The reason of doing 2,2,b1, dash, 2,2,b1 instead of b2,3,u is because the first one has more corner carry so in cases where you are too far away from the interactable object I'd use that to get in the spot.
i watched the first 10secs of it lol

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Edit: I was told everything after the jets was able to be blocked.
Watch tower:
j2, 22,(t)22b1, nj2>db3, 22b1>MB db1, dash behind during bounce and use interact for the standing reset %51.

Also in super man stage u can do that same combo listed above and smack them into doomsday and have time to drop a bomb and cross them up. its a hard knockdown so they cant roll but some wake ups might be able to stop it.

On Atlantis you can do the same thing with the water on both sides to end your combo.

Vulcan Hades said:
(j2, 1,1 xx trait) b1 xx Black Magic, fj2, 2,2,b1, b2,3,u > INT = 37+22=59%
(j2, 1,1 xx trait) b1 xx Black Magic, fj2, 2,2,b1, dash, 1,1 xx Lightning Cage MB, (nj) INT = 41+22=63%
btw this little trick doesn't work on big characters. What I mean is after black magic, fj2 will not cross-up on characters like Lex Luthor.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Interactive bomb setup for fortress of solitude and combo.

Some wake ups can get this but most should trade at least with the bomb ravens soul crush, GL lift, etc.. And just watching the cpu do it looks tricky to time with the cross up.

And just a combo with the interaction.

Jokers asylum

With black adams mobility and the ease of which he can use interactions during combos this thread will be very handy for taking large chunks outa health bars.

Awesome stuff man. I love the bomb setup. Seems like you can make it a perfect 50/50 by doing the dive kick early or late.

What are the stages you guys think benefit Black Adam the most?

So far I like: Ferris Aircraft, Hall of Justice - Great Hall (because of the corner teleport to ass out) and Joker's Asylum (many air interactables, ice, pig etc).

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Ty, yeah you can alter the dive kick up quite a bit to make it work against wake ups. Right as you cross up you can do a close dive kick that should beat out anything that doesn't have a vertical reaching wake up.

My xbox died just the other day when a lot of this stuff caught my eye so i just have been working on the corners of stages so far. I will be working on mid screen stuff after the corners, there is just so many options with him. I like jokers asylum a a lot, ferris aircraft corner is awesome with the rocket resetting them back in the corner. Im gonna pick one stage that I will always try to get I just need to figure out the dirtiest setups for each first.

This strikers island corner is just dirty.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
you can also use ex lighting bolts after interactable hit. it tracks dashes and beats wakeups. and sets them back up for another lighting bolt.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Awesome stuff man. I love the bomb setup. Seems like you can make it a perfect 50/50 by doing the dive kick early or late.

What are the stages you guys think benefit Black Adam the most?

So far I like: Ferris Aircraft, Hall of Justice - Great Hall (because of the corner teleport to ass out) and Joker's Asylum (many air interactables, ice, pig etc).
Jokers Asylum seems my favourite atm. You can dash forwards like 3 times before someone can jump~throw the TV's. Also you can use b23U*interactable* as a combo ender to get a safe damaging tv throw, and this works with the flower which keeps respawning.