What's new

Tech B3 setup after staff spin in the corner

After you land a staff spin in the corner, a well timed b3 will cross up. You can also make the b3 not cross up by delaying it a little. To wake up out of this, the opponent has to reverse the inputs. After you land a b3 you can do jump back 2 1 1xxstaff spin to put them in the same situation. I tested this on WW, catwoman and DD so I'm guessing this is universal. Let me know if this is useful or not. @EMPEROR PRYCE @BigMilk @Sajam
@AK L0rdoftheFLY @macro @all other NW players

JDM

Noob
Cross up B3's are pretty useless imo. Holding down (which you practically always should be unless you are expecting an overhead) stops these. F3 setups are way better.

At least it gives you plus frames if they block it.

Cross up B3's are pretty useless imo. Holding down (which you practically always should be unless you are expecting an overhead) stops these. F3 setups are way better.

It's a win win situation since is leaves NW facing the opponent at plus frames for more staff pressure.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

In this instance I believe it's a little better since the startup animation of b3 looks very similar to f3. And the simple fact that you determine which side it hits on. Of course you can react to either but I still find this very viable.

Last edited:

macro

Eezeepeezee

After you land a staff spin in the corner, a well timed b3 will cross up. You can also make the b3 not cross up by delaying it a little. To wake up out of this, the opponent has to reverse the inputs. After you land a b3 you can do jump back 2 1 1xxstaff spin to put them in the same situation. I tested this on WW, catwoman and DD so I'm guessing this is universal. Let me know if this is useful or not. @EMPEROR PRYCE @BigMilk @Sajam
@AK L0rdoftheFLY @macro @all other NW players

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
hmmm I like it cause if its blocked I get the plus frames for more pressure. If I used this I really would not care if you blocked or not.

Blocked = you still stuck in the corner with staff pressure
didnt block = a nice (iwana say) 30-40 % combo that leads back into the corner for more pressure

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.

who's this scrub :DOGE