What's new

Question b2 fb help.

Vagrant

Noob
I garuntee you guys get asked this 50 times a day but I didn't see a thread for it so I apologize for the repeat question.

How are you guys landing fb after b2. are you dashing in after the ex bomb before inputting b2? When do you start inputting the fb? I'm assuming I have to only hit with the second hit of b2 before the fb?

Blagh help!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Its tight timing, very similar to Reptiles NJP in his bnbs.

Ive noticed a greater consistency of b2~fb if, when you combo with EXBomb,
you DASH and THEN b2. The opp should be BEHIND you and the frames for inputting the fb become much clearer.

The negative is that it switches your position.

EDIT: Proper timing for entering fb comes about 1 frame after b2's explosion effect.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Haha I was actually getting close to asking this myself before I kind of figured it out. Basically I watch the opponent's body go up and down. When their body reaches the top of their rise, I hit b2. When their body gets to the bottom and connects with the explosion, I mash b, b, f4 quickly then try to mash out ff right after the bomb comes out. The times between EX bomb and b2 and between b2 and f.bomb seem pretty equal, so you can get a rhythm on it.

EDIT: After more time in practice mode I realize you can actually do the bbf pretty slow and hit 4 right after the flames of the b2's explosion fade to make the f.bomb come out.

Does anyone here actually do the weird-hitbox b2, reverse uppercut malarkey? I've just been finishing it with the njp b2 etc.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I wait for the ex bomb to explode then hit b2. Then I don't even start to input the far bomb until the explosion from the b2. Honestly the trickiest part for me was getting the quick dash into 121 afterwards. Damn quick little dash...

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I input the bbf very slowly during the b2 animation, making sure I hit 4 as the opponent is bouncing off the ground. After ex bomb you can actually in put the ffb2bbf4 as one slow smooth motion(this is the reverse b2), it's just tricky to make your self slow it down. This method also eliminates un wanted back dash from the fb. But all methods listed here are legit.

The thing I used to get used to the timing of the b2 is after the ex bomb I hold forward. The INSTANT you see Cyrax move do b2. Especially online this can cause you to go too far and your opponent is on the opposite side of you. But this is just a means to get used to the timing.

So once that timing is down you can eventually stop doing the hold forward and pressing b2 as soon as he moves thing to just ex bomb into b2.

As for the FB, online lag causes me to either do a f4 or sometimes nothing at all. BUT offline (or a good connection online) I time it by pressing bbf right after the b2 hit and pressing 4 after the explosion.

Don't try to time, consciously at least, by that. If you just smoothly yet quickly the bbf4 it'll come out at the right time.

Lemme know if this helps. :)