What's new

Question - Raiden b14, Lightning Cancel Run in the corner. Is that legit ?

nugava

Noob
Help me. I feel that I am doing it too slow for it to be legit. If it's well done, it's supposed to be better than your standard b14 +7 on hit. Right ? It uses 1/2 stamina. I am still wondering if it's worth it. And my execution sucks.
@Chaosphere @Barrogh

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
If you're going for a reset, ending with b14~LRC~f12 is your best bet as it leaves you at +22.

nugava

Noob
I tried, I can't connect the f12 after all my combos. Too hard for me... Here is a sample of what I am used to do online... Would you say it's a bad habit ? (And don't mind the fake Spear punish with the failed bf3... I am so used to punish that that way midscreen Lol... Bad reflexes.) To me, it seems that the b14 LC leaves me with more + frames than the +7 b14. But I don't know, I have no offline to play and online might gives you bad habits I guess.
@Chaosphere

Last edited:

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Help me. I feel that I am doing it too slow for it to be legit. If it's well done, it's supposed to be better than your standard b14 +7 on hit. Right ? It uses 1/2 stamina. I am still wondering if it's worth it. And my execution sucks.
@Chaosphere @Barrogh
@Chaosphere is correct. It takes some practice, but another option you have that isn't as execution heavy is ending w b14~ lightning. It leaves you +9 and nets more damage, saves stamina, gives you the same options. There is a small gap that can be aarmored out of if you decide to go for 50/50, but you can use f12 which leaves no gap. Works really well

nugava

Noob
I still have the impression that it gives you better frames than when you only do b14, even when you do it too slow like me. Maybe it's just an impression.

BigMilk

That leaves you at +9 with three frames to armor your 12 frame 50/50
Correct but if you f12 there is no gap and if they attempt to armor they get hit, where you either confirm into full combo, or f12 hits leaving you +14 or its blocked leaving you at -3 which is safe and in some cases you can continue pressure. When f12 connects you get even more options lol: f12, 50/50, f2, grab etc and the cycle continues.
Can someone confirm for me b1 & b11 on hit and block please?

Last edited:

nugava

Noob
I am sure when you hit b14 high enough, it's way more than +7. (Like in the corner after b2, b2, b14, EX df2, b14 for example.)

Correct but if you f12 there is no gap and if they attempt to armor they get hit, where you either confirm into full combo, or f12 hits leaving you +14 or its blocked leaving you at -3 which is safe and in some cases you can continue pressure. When f12 connects you get even more options lol: f12, 50/50, f2, grab etc and the cycle continues.
Can someone confirm for me b1 & b11 on hit and block please?
Yes, which is why the cancel is needed. You said it wasn't. Also f1,2 is +17 on hit

BigMilk

Yes, which is why the cancel is needed. You said it wasn't. Also f1,2 is +17 on hit
What I'm saying is that he doesn't have to lrc in the corner because most combos he will be able cancel into lightning to end the combo and get most of the same options while saving stamina as well. Sorry on the wrong frames but I knew it was up there somewhere lol. Would you happen to know frame advantage for b1& b11?

What I'm saying is that he doesn't have to lrc in the corner because most combos he will be able cancel into lightning to end the combo and get most of the same options while saving stamina as well. Sorry on the wrong frames but I knew it was up there somewhere lol. Would you happen to know frame advantage for b1& b11?
If you f12 after lightning that's just pressure not a 50/50. Yes if you want to pressure after a corner combo you could just do f12 or any move less than 9 frames and see where that goes. But if you want to attempt a 50/50 directly after the combo, you would have to LRC so they can't armor through. So there is a use for it

Last edited: