What's new

Question B12D3 Help

Justice

Noob
I'm having major problems getting this consistently. Everytime I build meter, somehow I hit the B1 but then it will special cancel into an EX B3! :mad: I check the inputs in Practice mode and everything looks fine but it seems to me that I'm getting something that I am not inputting. I know part of it is sloppy inputs and I've improved on that (and will continue to do so) but I'm scared to use it as a punish in a tournament because of the frequency of this.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I think if you do it too fast, that will happen. I do that with Flash all the time. IMO clean up the speed and quality of the inputs and it should work. I'm still working on it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah I have never had that happen before. I also have no idea why you would use it as a punish since D1 has more range. Most likely it is just sloppy inputs.

Justice

Noob
Yeah I have never had that happen before. I also have no idea why you would use it as a punish since D1 has more range. Most likely it is just sloppy inputs.
It's another tool in the box for me right now and I can get more damage off the string than I can the D1 cancel (at this time). And I'm using a HitBox. Probably part of the reason with those Sanwas being so damned sensitive...

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
how are you guys getting mb b3 out of this? What I mean is why exactly is the mb button being pressed for this to even happen.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
how are you guys getting mb b3 out of this? What I mean is why exactly is the mb button being pressed for this to even happen.
That is a good point. Even for a Bounce Cancel you have to be pressing MB. I think this is probably due to input errors on your part. I would just keep practicing it.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
remember that these a dial a combos. You can dial the b12D3 bf1 in all in before the final hit of d3 and the combo will come out. Don't rely on the visual clue. Just practice the rythhm of dialing it in and you get it. Use a metronome if you have to.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
You're doing your inputs to fast and panicky, I had the same problem, just keep practicing it and let it flow. I think the hardest part in the string is the d3~special. sometimes its better to hit-confirm the b1,2~special, instead of possibly dropping your combo because you messed up the d3, but again, practice makes puuuuurrrrfect:D

webreg

Noob
This makes entirely no sense. You MB button isn't even part of the combo so why the hell should you get EX B3? Yeah, you obviously mess up "d+3" and you probably do "db+3" instead. That usually doesn't matter but if you happen to press MB then you will get MB B3 because "db" is considered to be both directions, down and back.

Sasuga

Noob
The only way to do a bounce cancel is b,b+mb or d,b+mb. So either you accidentally press b+mb after the D or you input another B and MB after the B. Pay attention that you are holding down properly when pressing 3 and keep away for the MB button.

If the move is negative enough why wouldn't you use b1? The damage is better. He wouldn't use it if it whiffed...the thread isn't about whiffing. I'm ranting...nm

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Unless your inputs for B12D3 look like this "B1 MB MB MB 2 MB D3 MB Back Back MB MB MB", this shouldn't be happening ever.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Actually i tested this out by mapping my MB to a button I dont have on my stick. If you input b1 b2,bd,d 123 (you have to press 123 at the same time) you get mb wall bounce to come out. You dont need to press MB. Seems like pressing (123) at the same time is another way of activating mb.

What most likely is happening is you are doing b1 b2 d3 to fast. So your double b and 123 simultaneously is being read as bb MB.

Try this and tell me what happens:

b 1 f 2 (123)

You should get MB cat dash.

I have been using the 123 method for MB because i find it easier.

Under_The_Mayo

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Actually i tested this out by mapping my MB to a button I dont have on my stick. If you input b1 b2,bd,d 123 (you have to press 123 at the same time) you get mb wall bounce to come out. You dont need to press MB. Seems like pressing (123) at the same time is another way of activating mb.

What most likely is happening is you are doing b1 b2 d3 to fast. So your double b and 123 simultaneously is being read as bb MB.

Try this and tell me what happens:

b 1 f 2 (123)

You should get MB cat dash.

I have been using the 123 method for MB because i find it easier.

Under_The_Mayo
Yes this does happen. Justice you gotta calm down with your inputs dude. You should only be hitting Back once this whole time. Let go of Back as soon as you press Back 1, and then patiently press Down 3.

low_kix

Noob
I definitely recommend holding back for 1 AND 2, then simply sliding down to the back/down corner for 3. This lessens your sick movement and allows you to show down a bit, avoiding the accidental MB.

This method improved my game so much I made a whole thread about it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

CRUM

Noob
It's weird I had a lot of trouble doing this, but I found a strange method to land it consistently. I do the b1, 2 and then I like hold d3 for like an extra second and I get it every time.