What's new

Tech - Gunslinger B12 Plus String For Pressure, plus Coin Confirm Plus Pressure

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Pretty sure this isn't anything that is concrete. Its a complete gimmick lol. But I feel all Errons in any variation should use b12 more, its plus 1 (but I feel this data is incorrect, probably plus 2). I have been using B12 plus pressure into 21122 pressure. I found out that coin toss links when confirmed with B33 and 211. This is just a means to catch people off guard because nobody really sees the B12 string.... like ever. And also nobody really ever sees the coin toss linked in a combo...like ever. So it may freeze your opponent into to thinking....WTF is he doing lol. Coin is plus 8 when confirmed for a hit and leaves them standing. You can armor out of this and some specials can get out unarmored like reptile and sub's slide after B12. You can mix in a bunch of stuff after 211 Coin like F13 and maybe B33 to follow up the standing stun state.

This was just a practice session I was horsing around in so the execution is sloppy, but you can get the gist of it. I just want a reason to use the damn coin! Lastly it just looks cool :). Enjoy

TKB

Noob
Why use b12 for pressure instead of 11? 11 is plus 2 and they both start with a high. I'm sure 11 is faster at 8 frames start up as well.

The Farmer

Why use b12 for pressure instead of 11? 11 is plus 2 and they both start with a high. I'm sure 11 is faster at 8 frames start up as well.
Just for variety, its mostly an unknown. Nobody never really knows what to think when they see it. 11 is always the safer bet. I just like variety

Noob
The thing I don't like about B12 is that B1 has crappy range and pushes the opponent far away. There is like no benefit of using B12 over 11 though I do like the animation haha xD

The Farmer

The thing I don't like about B12 is that B1 has crappy range and pushes the opponent far away. There is like no benefit of using B12 over 11 though I do like the animation haha xD
For sure, I just like to explore other options. Like I said to to TKB, 11 is always the safer option. Ive seen sonic use it just to throw people off. You can easily use 11 into 21122 pressure, everyone already does this.

The Farmer

Gunslinger needs a lot of help to hold a candle to the other variations, but props to you for putting in so much work and trying to find new tech.
Thanks man, pretty much you need to scrap the bottom of the Barrel with Gunslinger. It's a trick pony really, need to use gimmicks and catch people who are unfamiliar.

The Farmer

Should have tested more strings, and not sure why I didn't test this first to begin with. But if you confirm f13 it links to coin toss too, that confirms for plus pressure, and if you do close coin its plus 10. It's still a risk because if they block string +coin toss its -14. Option select would be nice.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Pretty sure this isn't anything that is concrete. Its a complete gimmick lol. But I feel all Errons in any variation should use b12 more, its plus 1 (but I feel this data is incorrect, probably plus 2). I have been using B12 plus pressure into 21122 pressure. I found out that coin toss links when confirmed with B33 and 211. This is just a means to catch people off guard because nobody really sees the B12 string.... like ever. And also nobody really ever sees the coin toss linked in a combo...like ever. So it may freeze your opponent into to thinking....WTF is he doing lol. Coin is plus 8 when confirmed for a hit and leaves them standing. You can armor out of this and some specials can get out unarmored like reptile and sub's slide after B12. You can mix in a bunch of stuff after 211 Coin like F13 and maybe B33 to follow up the standing stun state.

This was just a practice session I was horsing around in so the execution is sloppy, but you can get the gist of it. I just want a reason to use the damn coin! Lastly it just looks cool :). Enjoy

Questions:

1. When are you going to land B12 in Gunslinger? Usually you can only go for this in outlaw at the cost of not finishing your combo from a sand throw.

2. If you happen to land B12, why would block pressure ever be more value than using 21122 and hit confirming into sand grenade in the first place?

3. If you happen to B12, what happens if the opponent blocks your 21122 coin toss?

4. Can you not hit Errron out of the coin toss?

The Farmer

Questions:

1. When are you going to land B12 in Gunslinger? Usually you can only go for this in outlaw at the cost of not finishing your combo from a sand throw.

2. If you happen to land B12, why would block pressure ever be more value than using 21122 and hit confirming into sand grenade in the first place?

3. If you happen to B12, what happens if the opponent blocks your 21122 coin toss?

4. Can you not hit Errron out of the coin toss?
B12 is just another look. To me any string that is plus on block is worth utilizing. On the regular I use 11 more times then not, I use B12 just to test and see if they know the data. Like I said in the OP nobody ever sees it and you can just simply catch people off guard with it. It's not a primary tool, but I feel it's something that can be used a bit more often than not at all just for a surprise factor. I just use it in footsies, run cancel B12. Most people seem to thinks it's punishable and I end up confirming 21122. It's simply just a test. This isn't something your going to be rinsing and repeating. Maybe I should have been more clear and that's my fault in the OP. But I did state it's simply a gimmick. There isn't much to work with in Gunslinger.
B33, f13, 211, 11 all link with coin. It's purely a risk. Confirm and continue pressure. On block they can poke out. However your not going to use the coin on block in 21122. There is enough time to recognize and use, 211 grab, 2112 grab, 21122 ex sand grenade etc. smoke and mirrors purely.

LDHaten

Noob
Glad to see another useful way to use B12, especially as a pressure setup into the 211. I had been a bit lost with the move, since I tend to not use it much, sometimes I would try to use it as a pushback against rushers, but a lot of times I would whiff the B1 and only hit with the 2 on block. Being too scared to try and make anything come out of it, I would always just habitually finish the whole B12D1 input whenever I did the B1 (On purpose and on misinput), but I am definitely glad to see new Gunslinger tech in general. Although this may be a gimmicky move, I'll definitely keep the B12 Run 211-MS. At the very least, another creative way to use the MS.

The Farmer

Glad to see another useful way to use B12, especially as a pressure setup into the 211. I had been a bit lost with the move, since I tend to not use it much, sometimes I would try to use it as a pushback against rushers, but a lot of times I would whiff the B1 and only hit with the 2 on block. Being too scared to try and make anything come out of it, I would always just habitually finish the whole B12D1 input whenever I did the B1 (On purpose and on misinput), but I am definitely glad to see new Gunslinger tech in general. Although this may be a gimmicky move, I'll definitely keep the B12 Run 211-MS. At the very least, another creative way to use the MS.
Right now, gimmicks are all we got in Gunslinger...........until the buffs come :)

Noob
B12 into ex-sand gernade can't be armoured out of and sand trap connects on hit as well. Lot of time to hit confirm as well. On hit sand trap/money shot, on block ex-sand to pressure and stay plus

Still perfer 11 though, dunno why

TKB

Noob
B12 into ex-sand gernade can't be armoured out of and sand trap connects on hit as well. Lot of time to hit confirm as well. On hit sand trap/money shot, on block ex-sand to pressure and stay plus

Still perfer 11 though, dunno why
It makes no sense IMO to use b12. If you're going for sand grenade pressure there are better options(21122, 12, b32, etc. and none of these into sand grenade have a gap to armor)

On top of that b12 is so short that it whiffs more often than not. Throwing it out every once in a while to mix it up, ok but other than that it's not worth it.

Noob
It makes no sense IMO to use b12. If you're going for sand grenade pressure there are better options(21122, 12, b32, etc. and none of these into sand grenade have a gap to armor)

On top of that b12 is so short that it whiffs more often than not. Throwing it out every once in a while to mix it up, ok but other than that it's not worth it.
How about 21122 ex-sand into B12 into hit-confirm sand-trap or ex-sand again on block