What's new

b114 problems and reptile issues

Greetings members of the ermac mk 9 community. I seek your wisdom in addressing two problems:
1. sometimes when I add a crossover jump punch to the b114 combo string instead of getting the b1, I get a standing one. I know practice makes perfect and I have been already putting time in the lab ( my basement) to remedy this weakness, but conceptually what am i doing wrong to get this effect am i hitting the b1 after the crossover to early because i know i definately holding back when executing this combo.
2. Aside from some comments in the ermac match-up chart by meztos with some input from thtb, in theory how should I afight againt reptile? Mid range, If the gravity squeeze gets blocked I feel a elbow dash is coming on whats the best way to punish this, asuming i have time to pull of the block, 12 tkl or 31 tkl in into my bnb of my choice. Long range I throw a lot of fireballs but once forceball is on the screen especially the fast one i feel my ermac starts slipping? In thoery what should i be doing against reptile?

Thanks

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
1. Hold back before the crossover punch and throughout the B114 string. So jump, hold back, punch then 114. The game will automatically give the first landed input the direction you are holding down, which is in this case, back. Works every time.

2. i dont feel confident enough in my knowledge in this matchup to give you any solid advice but ill try my darndest. 12 is the fastest Ermac string so it can probably punish ED. If not just jump back and airblast. Gives you some free room, should hit out a slide as well if you time it close to the ground. You can also use the airblast for the forceballs. neutral jump over them and do an airblast. Once the other player notices that the airblasts dont affect him, throw in a teleport. Tele has the same animation as the airblast so it should throw him off. He cant advance with the forceball if he's blocking, waiting for you to teleport, so i would use this strategy when forceballs come into play.

But like i said, i dont know the reptile-ermac matchup very well. But i got you some gameplay, so that might help.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Patience, my young Padawan .... :D

1. Try to use 2 instead of 1, when using jump punch .... sometimes, using 1 to jump punch, and landing with a string that use the same button, can , somehow, fail .....

2. For any Reptile attempt to use forceball from long distance, use teleport on reaction. Or if you think hilarious, maybe mocking Reptile, timing his distance forceball with .... butt slam holding block ? I'm not sure if Ermac can avoid forceball using this move, or if well timed, the forceball pass directly before Ermac lands .... lol

For elbowdash blocked, well, using force push will make reptile go in distance, and start his zone game again .... a force lift into bnb seems more reasonable

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Reptile is a killer with his rush down dash, once that gets stopped and he burns meter he the match is in Ermac's favor I personally like to counter Reptile with d1 into lift but the lift after is risky so try his d1 more and create spacing to punish the dash with a force push.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Whiffed iAFB (to avoid a Force Ball and try and reel him into Dashing) into D4 to kick his leg out from under him.
Bait an opening, try and get a TKS, juggle silly, zone out with Force Balls and maybe some Float trickery.

Easier said than done, but that's pretty much my plan Vs. Godzilla.
Gotta learn more about the match and see how applicable my plans are.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
About Ermac vs Reptile. Almost all times finish your combos with the reset (F4). You cant zone Reptile which means you must keep him close to you. From there you can mix it up to confuse your opponent. Throws are very good cause this brings Reptile at exactly where you want him. What i mean by that is if he tries to do a force ball to close the gap between him and you, you can punish it on reaction with TKP. If he chooses to dash, you can bait him and block the dash for a 36% (12 to lift etc etc) or 38% dmg (31 to lift etc etc) full combo. All in all i ve come to realize that Reptile is not such a bad MU for Ermac anymore. Ermac has to play smart and work hard to win it yes. But he can still win this MU.