What's new

B1 combo starters are more damaging than F4 starters

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The only combo that macthes the same damage for B1 and F4 as starters, is:

starter...~rd~ds, U3, 2~rd~ds, 112. which is 36%

However any other combo, B1 seemed to do more damage, check these out.
B1~rd~ds, U3. 2~rd~us, 2~dc, 112 38% with F4 only does 37%
Corner
B1~rd~ds, U3, 2~ds, B11F4~ds, B11F4~ds, 112 (52%) with F4(50%)
Full Damage
B1,rd~ds, U3, 2~rd~ds, 2~rd~ds, 23~rd~rs (47%) w/ F4 (46)
Exceeders
B1~rd~ds, U3, 3~rd~ds, 3~rd~ex ds, 23~rd~rs (51%) w/ F4 (50)

It seems in some cases, the damage is the same, in others the damage goes by 1% more, and in special cases can go for 2% more.
I think if we have opportunities to punish with B1~rd~ds in those situations where we're punishing with F4, we should totally use this.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
cancel advantage on hit is 33 compared to 38 on f4. This makes it harder to hit confirm and f4 is already hard. plus the movment on the dpad is weird into red dash and the damage isn't worth it.

I messed with it a while ago and soon went back to my original options.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
cancel advantage on hit is 33 compared to 38 on f4. This makes it harder to hit confirm and f4 is already hard. plus the movment on the dpad is weird into red dash and the damage isn't worth it.

I messed with it a while ago and soon went back to my original options.
I understand that.
In fact half of my punish game is based on F4 and standing 1 for the fastest possible punisher between manageable gaps. I'm also see the adapt it to my game with efficiency, so you're right

I can see the dificulty of hitting B1 to rd~ds combos.

After being fighting a cyrax all day, i think this punisher can be good only to punish roll states more efficient tan B2 actually and the damage difference isn't that big ^^

AssassiN

Noob
I'd continue doing F4, easier to input and able to hitconfirm.
Can't do that with B1 and it's hard, I get B1F3 sometimes. I get it with B11, RD but B11F3 instead :p.

B1 has the advantage that the hitbox hits lower where F4 would whiff.
Like Ermac's ground pound, LK's DS3, Scorpion's whiffed leggrab, ...

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
In any situation where those moves whiffed, you'd either JiP to punish or have plenty of time to connect a F4.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The only normal or position F4 doesn't blow up is D3, B1 however blows up anything on his range, even air moves, the problem is just that the startup is slow