What's new

Strategy B+1, what it's really for

So, after playing with this a bit I came to a conclusion that B1 MB Grave Rot > 112 combos but not because of the cancel advantage MB GR gives you. I think it is because when activated really close to the opponent MB GR immediately does damage which combos into 112. I noticed that when going into B1 MBGR Trait reset my opponent sometimes was escaping it. But that doesn't make sense because the B1>Trait Reset is guaranteed and cancelling into MB GR is suppose to give you more advantage. When I am touching the opponent and MB GR starts hitting, it actually stops the stun duration of B1 and, as it has no stun of it's own the opponent is actually able to jump out immediately. And If you think about it B1 is a stunning normal which ends the combo, the mechanic is similar to Johnny Cage's nut punch (except that it is a special:))Nothing can combo after that no matter how much advantage it gives, BUT the combo continues due to the unique properties of the Grave Rot. It just gives better understanding. So for the Reset after B1 MB GR into Trait you have to start B1 with a little distance between you and your opponent so that when MB GR starts, it doesn't hit him before you go into Trait - and than the Reset is inescapable. But in a combo situation on the contrary you want to be touching your opponent during the activation of MB GR.
Now after checking the reset again I see that B1 MB GR > Trait is ESCAPABLE regardless of timing and distance between you and your opponent, But you get a guaranteed Reset B1>Trait. But B1 canceled into Trait does actually combo. That means I was totally WRONG about not being able to combo after B1. Seems like any special or Trait directly canceled from B1 does combo. And again there is a reason why 112 after B1,when it is being canceled into MB GR does combo. I think it is because MB GR when being canceled into,doing that little damage and followed by a fast enough attack is considered by the game as a special that B1 is being canceled into. And that special itself is followed by 112 without being interupted.I think so also because B1 MB GR > Trait is not garanteed but B1>Trait (without cancelling into trait) is?????Does that make sense to anyone:)

Also I have noticed that If you try and do MB GR or a GR in practice and just stand there near the opponent the GR causes a little hitstun when one of opponents healthbars is finished by it. Don't know why. It even hits me out of a through if GR finishes the opponents bar while in the throw animation.