What's new

Axe should be unbreakable

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
If axe was unbreakable imagine the difference it would make for nightwolf.

Nightwolf has zero unbreakable combos. All he can do is choke if he sees you have a breaker...not really worth it IMO.

Cyrax has 40%+ unbreakable
Kitana had ex fan unbreakables

It just makes sense that you can't break a hatchet...lol

cosmic eclipse

Khaotic clan

Nightwolf has zero unbreakable combos. All he can do is choke if he sees you have a breaker...not really worth it IMO.

i hate when im in the corner and my wake up hatchet gets beat by a poke or something

Great idea. They definitely should add all of the buffs mentioned here and then add armor to regular and ex axe for good measure.

No.
Your character sucks.
That is all.

Love you mike <3
lol

Espio

Kokomo
I'm not requesting a buff...just not understanding the lack of common sense.
Well I mean Jade's staff overhead and Stryker's baton sweep is breakable too. The thing with breakers is they're meant to stop melee attacks which the hatchet, baton, and staff all aremelee attacks.

Kitana's unbreakable damage comes from her projectile use and as ridiculous as Cyrax is, it's also a similar case for him.

Maybe if ex arrows were slightly quicker and left the opponent in a floating state in the air like ex fan does that would be an option.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
as a nightwolf main there are so many things that dont make sense about his moves,his standing 1 and d3 are amazing but have no fucking reach whatsoever,his f3 is a great advancing move but is slow and needs to be a low.his ex lightning,without question his best move is so frustrating because of the start up and recovery.
ive been using the 234 string on block lately,its amazing how many times ive been able to hit ex lightning after it,when their expecting shoulder.does anyone else ever use this string?

NKZero

Noob
as a nightwolf main there are so many things that dont make sense about his moves,his standing 1 and d3 are amazing but have no fucking reach whatsoever,his f3 is a great advancing move but is slow and needs to be a low.his ex lightning,without question his best move is so frustrating because of the start up and recovery.
ive been using the 234 string on block lately,its amazing how many times ive been able to hit ex lightning after it,when their expecting shoulder.does anyone else ever use this string?
woah man 11 frames is hardly slow. plus his standing 1 is like 9 frames but of course it can be crouched. also on the subject of 234 i'm glad ur using it. read my article in these forums about fleshing out his under-used strings. 234 is one of them and I break it down in detail. i use it occasionally though it isn't a staple of my offense. on hit it sets up the lightning trap really well.

the only buffs i would actually give nightwolf are F2 hitting overhead and giving arrow faster start-up and cancellable properties.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
woah man 11 frames is hardly slow. plus his standing 1 is like 9 frames but of course it can be crouched. also on the subject of 234 i'm glad ur using it. read my article in these forums about fleshing out his under-used strings. 234 is one of them and I break it down in detail. i use it occasionally though it isn't a staple of my offense. on hit it sets up the lightning trap really well.

the only buffs i would actually give nightwolf are F2 hitting overhead and giving arrow faster start-up and cancellable properties.
thanks man,i'll check that thread out.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Isn't the leg grab unbreakable?

Either way, Nightwolf needs buffs. Lightning should be cancelable.
I will admit, I have no idea why Sonya's leg grab cannot be breakered. I mean, it's an attack that makes physical contact with the opponent...and even regular throws can be breakered, but air throws cannot...

UGH. That's a downside to playing Mortal Kombat: almost no logic is involved.

As for the subject of Nightwolf, I don't really see what changes he would need. L0rdoftheFLY, haven't you been very successful with this character in recent tournies? It's what you're known for.