What's new

Strategy - Hat Trick Away Hat traps conversions and buff wishlist

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Hat Trick needs to be buffed so all these traps becomes real techs instead of gimmicks so he can establish a far more interesting viable mix-up game and having advantage for having the hat on parts of the screen that actually makes him fully vulnerable but if read correctly also rewards him with damage.

General juggle difference changed, now characters who are hit by any launcher in the game when crouching floats at the same height as standing.

1. D1 7 frames
  2. S1 7 frames
  3. F1 is now a overhead.
  4. F23 gap removed.
  5. F21d1 -6 on block.
  6. Slighly fast walkback and forward speed.
  7. Better hitbox on (212) parts of the 11 string to prevent whiffing and random armoring in between
  8. Better hitbox on (4) from 11212 string to prevent people fuzzy whiffing when blocking it
  9. S4~away trap~F23 should've link.
  10. B2~away trap~44 should've link.
  11. (Hatless) 11212~Call back(any direction not connecting the hat before the char recovers)~44 or anything equal or under the same startup should've link as one combo
  12. Call back when comming out of a teleport
  13. (Hatless) DU2, should have less air restriction, and far less recovery on hit, it has a insane amount of drop factor included.
  14. DU3, should've been an overhead also on its way up and should've combo
  15. DU+Block(hold) should have additional commands to come out away or in the same place by holding F or B.
  16. Callback should've been -5 on block not only KL can punish it, everyone else can just touch us after blocking our safe option 10/10 with not much counter to it.
  17. Remove the gap of hatarang or give him less recovery when thrown.
  18. Revert back the early ability to use a trap when hatarang is used and the hat is 1 frame away to fully respawn.
  19. Slightly less recovery when call back is done in air.
  20. 2 meterless dive kicks in same combo.
  21. If his pressure game can't be made a bit plus to people respect his options when canceling into traps, give him armor on HCB, it won't be plus but people will fear poking the shit out of every damn trap we cancel to stay safe, besides, only one trap is safe, which can also be thrown out of it.
  22. Above trap, either remove this useless trap, there isn't much use for it on the current state, or make it better, by:
  • Call Back from it should've been a overhead
  • Call back from above trap trajectory tracks the feet if the stance button is held.
  • Giving additional spots to place the above trap, like in front of him by holding F after DD2 where he can actually control the air flow prevent people to jump at him, and bait run ins, or behind him by holding B after DD2 so he can actually trap people out with a mixup on a knockdown game.

Its not too much to ask lord Colt. Trust me, i'm on your side.

@Youphemism
@God Confirm
@just_2swift
@ETC Mcfly
@Big Pampering
@The PantyChrist
@ROG Moonspell

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I agree with all of this. He should have 0 recovery when throwing out hat traps. Unleash the swag Paulo.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Do the people you play know that you're doing mad unsafe shit as offense lol?

:DOGE

Hat trick players are the most gimmicky players in all of MKX lolol
yeah true, i've realized lots of people don't like to backdash in this game. It would get them out of half of the shit that is in this video.
They know, some are just slower than me to do what ever they feel like, but they do.

Carl

Noob
I love the wish list though buzzsaw needs help as well. Makes me mad wen my hat vanishes and doesnt want to come back. I always complain about buzzsaw hats lol

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
As insane as it may sound I have returned to this madman Hattrick after two weeks of playing someone else. All weekend I was up against A-List n ST Cage. Jesus fucking Christ in my community I am being called Masochist! I got mopped over 60 games if not more. Won few but had tones of fun. I've been reaching for his other tools, trying everything, it's stupid. . . The worst thing is, I want more!

I'll have a look at the video Eddy and give my feedback in a moment.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
i think they should make it so if you use the up hat/call back that should be the only way to keep a standing combo going...(ie: up hat trap, f24 call back f24. ) that way it gives you a use for the hat and it's a risk reward. that and the fact that if you call your hat back and you get hit it should still make u block the hat

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i think they should make it so if you use the up hat/call back that should be the only way to keep a standing combo going...(ie: up hat trap, f24 call back f24. ) that way it gives you a use for the hat and it's a risk reward. that and the fact that if you call your hat back and you get hit it should still make u block the hat
The main gripe aside from the never bit plus when canceling any string, is the fact that aside from forward trap, away trap, and above trap are just useless.
There practically no reward for getting a right read when your hat is strategically positioned into these spots, there is no real advantage, no real mind game, just gimmicks, and even those gimmicks to work is a god send, is you outplaying the fuck out of the opponent, and a bunch of luck.

If Hat Trick could have a bit plus when canceling his pressure, or having armor on call back to apply fear into those that like to poke out of his hole every time, being able to combo from call back links, and having his above trap to be put up front and behind, he would definitely be infinitive better.

Putting aside the fixes he needs, like the juggle difference, super slow character etc etc.

Saltea Moonspell

I like what I saw but unfortunately I dont use much those teleport setups. People who I go up against AA me before KL is out.

I've been trying to implement b,1,2, 1+2 as it covers a lot of space and hits mid. The only problem is that it a lot negative on block. I've been also trying to use f3 as whiff punisher.

Midscreen 44 /21/d4/f21

I;ve been trying to use the combination of those strings and I there might be a good reason to take a closer look.
The 21 has great startup, good push back, its been semi-safe. Same goes for 44. Over all the mixture of these strings build additional meter.

There is one frame trap I came across yesterday. If I end my string into straight hat there is enough stagger to link f2,1 into fallow up. I've noticed that my opponent tried to mash out after being hit with the first hat. I've placed that setup more then 3-4 times. Worked like a charm. This requires closer look but I liked the idea.

I've also came up with mid-screen WA armor breaker with 1121 by sacrificing damage. Tried that once or twice. That also require further testing.

I came up with those ideas this weekend as I had about 10 h of play with hattrick on saturday and sunday.

Saltea Moonspell

I like what I saw but unfortunately I dont use much those teleport setups. People who I go up against AA me before KL is out.

I've been trying to implement b,1,2, 1+2 as it covers a lot of space and hits mid. The only problem is that it a lot negative on block. I've been also trying to use f3 as whiff punisher.

Midscreen 44 /21/d4/f21

I;ve been trying to use the combination of those strings and I there might be a good reason to take a closer look.
The 21 has great startup, good push back, its been semi-safe. Same goes for 44. Over all the mixture of these strings build additional meter.

There is one frame trap I came across yesterday. If I end my string into straight hat there is enough stagger to link f2,1 into fallow up. I've noticed that my opponent tried to mash out after being hit with the first hat. I've placed that setup more then 3-4 times. Worked like a charm. This requires closer look but I liked the idea.

I've also came up with mid-screen WA armor breaker with 1121 by sacrificing damage. Tried that once or twice. That also require further testing.

I came up with those ideas this weekend as I had about 10 h of play with hattrick on saturday and sunday.

Saltea Moonspell

I like what I saw but unfortunately I dont use much those teleport setups. People who I go up against AA me before KL is out but I will look into it.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I don't play this game as much anymore. I retired the hat boyz. God fist Lao is no more lol. This variation man...... So many problems after playing cyborg in igau I don't want to go threw the stress all over again.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Midscreen 44 /21/d4/f21

You can delay the TP by holding block after you MB'it, its all behaviour in the end, i get hit out of it too, but i still manage to use it:

The rest i already explained to you via PM

No point in Using B12, F3, B4 and so on, those are slow as hell, B121+2 is super negative, no cancel, nothing. F3 is super slow, no point in using.
B4 is super slow, doesn't allow special cancel.

your best tools are F2, B2, and D4, 11212 no cancel and that's it, work your neutral with those.

Saltea Moonspell

Those are not enough when going against top 10. I know all that Eddy. I am just looking for more, desperately hoping to find something more. . . :(

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Those are not enough when going against top 10. I know all that Eddy. I am just looking for more, desperately hoping to find something more. . . :(
Surely they're not enough, those are what you have, they're fast as safe, which is the predicament or definition of viable tools, i think its far riskier doing mad shit like B12,1+2 on neutral, F21 no cancel (is -8 on block) on neutral, F21d1 is punishable and probably has a gap on neutral. F34 or F3d4 or F3 on neutral

Compare these tools as doing d3~NDC on block with MK9 kabal, those are pretty bad, you gotta step your game up to japan level:

your gimmick sort of reliable game whe you are trying to place a trap are:
11212 no cancel (-3 on block) you can jump back, and do a blind dive kick to punish retaliations, or react to one
112124 forwad trap cancel (-5 on block)
11212 forward trap (is more than -5 but throws retaliating timings off).
112124~hatarang (beats people trying to mash out of cancels, but if blocked has a 10 frames gap)
112124~ex teleport (you will need 2 bars) delay to bait instinctive button press, come out with a grab if you think they will stand block or crouch block, come out with a overhead if you think they will crouch block or neutral crouch, come out with d3 if you want to stay at -6.

Your sort of gimmick not as reliable type of game after they let you place a trap are:
(sucessfull trap out of 112124~forward trap) block any poke, instantly retaliates with 112124~ex hat trap )+13)
S. trap out with 11212~ forwad trap) d4~into call back to catch people trying to throw or mash anything thinking is 112124~trap) prepare to react to the low launcher with a spin)

If you sucessfully place an away trap out of B321 combo ender setup:
Crossup with jump 2, into 112124~call back or ex, the mixup is easily blocked, so the purpose is not to mix at all, is just make them block to allow a free blockstring to do some chip plus meter build (objective complete)

Only do a air call back if you place your hat low, but instead of wasting your time trying to mix with no overhead into low call back, you gain far more if you force a blockstring with 112124~call back, then you crossup with whiffing dive kick, if they try to retaliate they get caught with low call back.

Those things you should try and see how it goes.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I dropped this game after I missed my CB pool and realized I didn't even care. HT is being treated the same as joker was in igau and I don't care to go through it again, even if he gets all the buffs I really just don't have the interest in dealing with other chars bs either

Saltea Moonspell

@Eddy Wang

I've been through all that , or at least most. I will ring up one of my sets. Perhaps You could suggest some specifics. I am just tired sometimes defending against the arsenal others have with one forward advancing mid, d4 and one string. The chip damage has been reduced, and overall meter building as well. The dirt that A-List has, the cheap corner semi unblockable Stunt double reset bullshit , the insane damage output and everything else I am not mentioning. The fucked 50/50 Jax flip coin game along with energy wave staggers that grants another guessing offense. Sometimes I feel like I have hit the bottom of sink, a limitation. I get pissed whe am hearing a Cage player complaining about whiffing jab that is a mid, when my special ex hat call back whiffs on crouching opponent, Get the Fuck outta here! You know what I'm sayin' Bro ?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang

I've been through all that , or at least most. I will ring up one of my sets. Perhaps You could suggest some specifics. I am just tired sometimes defending against the arsenal others have with one forward advancing mid, d4 and one string. The chip damage has been reduced, and overall meter building as well. The dirt that A-List has, the cheap corner semi unblockable Stunt double reset bullshit , the insane damage output and everything else I am not mentioning. The fucked 50/50 Jax flip coin game along with energy wave staggers that grants another guessing offense. Sometimes I feel like I have hit the bottom of sink, a limitation. I get pissed whe am hearing a Cage player complaining about whiffing jab that is a mid, when my special ex hat call back whiffs on crouching opponent, Get the Fuck outta here! You know what I'm sayin' Bro ?
totally.