What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

ha - i almost had to go into practice mode to remember what her down+2 did

looks like i can also remap my trait button to where it is reachable :)

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
Yes! now I can finally come back to Injustice. Time to play theory fighter. Most likely with the new recovery combos like b3 j3 112 trait will be safe :) Our girl finally getting love from NRS <3 Also that Super buff is GDLK

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
Trait no longer being an invitation to a free combo is HUGE.

Super buff is dubious... it might lead to epic damage combos, but right after that if you keep comboing and they have any meter, they'll clash.

Uppercut buff is interesting, hoping for anti-air properties.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Trait no longer being an invitation to a free combo is HUGE.
It is good but I'm not sure it will be huge. A good time to activate trait may be after a combo but you lose a potential setup for a 6% health buff or a damage buff that's likely to run out before you land anything.

We'll have to find safe ways to activate trait as ideally it needs to be up constantly. Its getting it active in a safe way that's the challenge. I suppose it depends how fast it activates once 1.0.5 lands.

Jermball

Noob
the trait buff recovering faster means if you can get dynamite, it'll now be 200% easier to B3 for another 43%
although i wish they buffed her DB1 rather then D2.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
These changes are better than nothing.... Still does not fix much though... Will see how quick the trait recovers.. Still... Better than nerf :)

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Does anyone know of any links to tournament-esque videos of Harley mains?
There's a Harley video match thread on the first page of the forum. A few members post videos there of high quality, KS Shogun and Ramon to name a couple.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
the trait buff recovering faster means if you can get dynamite, it'll now be 200% easier to B3 for another 43%
although i wish they buffed her DB1 rather then D2.
Why db1? Off a d2 you get a small combo with a setup. With db1 you get nothing.

Buffs are pretty meh but I guess I'll take it.

It is good but I'm not sure it will be huge. A good time to activate trait may be after a combo but you lose a potential setup for a 6% health buff or a damage buff that's likely to run out before you land anything.

We'll have to find safe ways to activate trait as ideally it needs to be up constantly. Its getting it active in a safe way that's the challenge. I suppose it depends how fast it activates once 1.0.5 lands.

This basically, and it really depends on how much they reduced the recovery. I figure the unblockable dynomite will be the most worth-it of the 3, but the others might be OK if you're playing more zoning heavy.

Harley's zoning is better than people give it credit for, IMO, though it's still not great or anything.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Buffs are pretty meh but I guess I'll take it.

This basically, and it really depends on how much they reduced the recovery. I figure the unblockable dynomite will be the most worth-it of the 3, but the others might be OK if you're playing more zoning heavy.

Harley's zoning is better than people give it credit for, IMO, though it's still not great or anything.
Thinking about it even more.. They are not really buffs as they are fixes.. The good fixes.. Which are still better than nerfs.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
The buffs are pretty underwhelming imo, she still has poor rushdown and average zoning. D2 is universal anyway and it may potentially harm her if people can AA her j2 now.

Trait buff has potential though.

The buffs are pretty underwhelming imo, she still has poor rushdown and average zoning. D2 is universal anyway and it may potentially harm her if people can AA her j2 now.

Trait buff has potential though.
Average zoning? Against a lot of characters Harley's zoning is pretty stellar IMO. :/

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
It's pretty average in relative to others.

Poppop and cupcake has tons of recovery to effectively zone with them and cupcake is pretty easy to deal with by dashing in. Gunshots is good I admit, but 4% doesn't really go far and can be ducked as well, air gunshots same thing, 4% doesn't go well in trades and it can only really be done at a certain range to stay safe.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
The fact that you guys are complaining about the EXACT BUFFS YOU WANTED is making me rage. "The buffs are ok" ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? THIS IS WHAT WE ASKED FOR!

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Ill wait till the patch comes out before I start complaining.

The d2 buff may or may not be huge in a lot of matchups, and folks who immediately dismiss the trait buff make me sad. I'm tentatively happy.

The fact that you guys are complaining about the EXACT BUFFS YOU WANTED is making me rage. "The buffs are ok" ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? THIS IS WHAT WE ASKED FOR!

Speak for yourself. I've always thought that her trait still wouldn't be good even if they made it safer.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
xWEBSx

• The Bag-O-Tricks (Character Power) now recovers faster.
  • There is now slightly less damage scaling on attacks performed after Harley’s Mallet Bomb supermove.
  • The Spinning Pistols (Down+2) attack now inflicts the correct damage amount and had it’s hitbox slightly improved.
NRS actually buffed her instead of nerfing her, if d+2 hitbox is improved enough maybe she can stop jump ins up close.
FINALLY! Can't wait to try her out with the buffs.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
@Saltface @DEG are holding it down at CEO!
@Saltface is my hero, Going against REO's Scorpion with Harley. Some GREAT air-gunshot reads. I think @Saltface elminated Pig's Sinestro too (which is not an easy matchup for Harley). Awesome stuff man!