What's new

Avoiding the teleport kick?

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Is there a way to avoid the teleport kick? I was wondering if there are ways to dash back, jump back, or possibly even just duck in order to avoid it.

Usually a block/punish scenario is preferable of course, but it's annoying when you have low health and you have to take the chip damage, even when you know full well it's coming (just lost a match this way).

Runefyst

Noob
On reaction? I think it'd be pretty tough...depends on who you were using though. There's moves that could certainly get out of the way, like Sub's ice slide or Reptile's dash, Raiden's teleport, etc....

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Block high, prepare to tech the throw, always block high against Mileena. Not a fan of playing her, have to play Reptile totally unnaturally.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
I was playing Sindel at the time :sindel:... there are some good character specific escape options, it seems like, but I'm not sure what she could do. I read somewhere that you can dash forward and the telekick goes right past you?? It's probably hard to to on reaction though!

SZSR

Noob
I was playing Sindel at the time :sindel:... there are some good character specific escape options, it seems like, but I'm not sure what she could do. I read somewhere that you can dash forward and the telekick goes right past you?? It's probably hard to to on reaction though!
Does Sindel's kicks special have slow or fast start up? Maybe on reaction you could do that attack.

Nah, I don't think it's possible to avoid like that after seeing it. You'd have to predict it and use whatever counter option you have. (Not sure about Sindel's anti-airs... Seems like Mileena's teleport kick really hurts her.) If you have the health you can just block and punish, but if you are about to be chipped to death, there's not much you can do on reaction besides a fast, forward moving special.