What's new

Avoiding Kabal Zoning( when you can use other options than block)

NKZero

Noob
just wanting to help sek/cy players
interesting video but Sektor doesn't really face the same problems that Cyrax encounters with Kabal's zoning. The threat of the instant air teleport as an anti-zoning tool will keep any Kabal player honest plus with the right timing Sektor can launch a straight missile on screen to occupy space and it will hit a Kabal who is trying to do the instant air gas blasts. Very cool though how U34 negates the saw blades.

interesting video but Sektor doesn't really face the same problems that Cyrax encounters with Kabal's zoning. The threat of the instant air teleport as an anti-zoning tool will keep any Kabal player honest plus with the right timing Sektor can launch a straight missile on screen to occupy space and it will hit a Kabal who is trying to do the instant air gas blasts. Very cool though how U34 negates the saw blades.
thanks man. lol yea i figured sektor is not as affected, but the cyrax i see alot in tourneys, i hope some find that useful.

NariTuba

disMember
just wanting to help sek/cy players
The AAt over low projectiles is good stuff. It actually works to escape a variety of setups and projectiles from the entier cast.

You HAVE to be careful with it vs Kabal tho... you can only react when you are at full screen distance. You can't throw it out there because a heavy zoning Kabal will hit you out of the air with an iagb and then its pretty much bye bye round. If you enter 1/2 screen distance you have to go back to dash crouch blocking or throw an ExRagdoll out there like you said... but that is not gonna give you much damage, its gonna cost you meter and its not really gonna give you bomb pressure (kabal can start iagb routine again immediately to back away from the bomb) and itll cost you the space you got him to move towards the corner because you just switched sides with him with the ragdoll (unless you do the throw after and sacrifice the advantage.)

If you do get to AAt over a saw you have time to put a net on the screen which will get them blocking and that gives you time to dash up and get even closer. Ive had the best results vs Kabal by cornering him, rushing down and never letting him go.

Ive been playing a lot lately vs a hitbox kabal offline and this matchup is a nightmare, really tough.

The AAt over low projectiles is good stuff. It actually works to escape a variety of setups and projectiles from the entier cast.

You HAVE to be careful with it vs Kabal tho... you can only react when you are at full screen distance. You can't throw it out there because a heavy zoning Kabal will hit you out of the air with an iagb and then its pretty much bye bye round. If you enter 1/2 screen distance you have to go back to dash crouch blocking or throw an ExRagdoll out there like you said... but that is not gonna give you much damage, its gonna cost you meter and its not really gonna give you bomb pressure (kabal can start iagb routine again immediately to back away from the bomb) and itll cost you the space you got him to move towards the corner because you just switched sides with him with the ragdoll (unless you do the throw after and sacrifice the advantage.)

If you do get to AAt over a saw you have time to put a net on the screen which will get them blocking and that gives you time to dash up and get even closer. Ive had the best results vs Kabal by cornering him, rushing down and never letting him go.

Ive been playing a lot lately vs a hitbox kabal offline and this matchup is a nightmare, really tough.
lol yea it was meant to be full screen cuz most cy players at tourneys get stuck against reo or detroit or CAT and just block the saws. leap is a dam good way out. yea tough fight but just saying to use it smart to avoid things, i dont see it often. i only saw maxter do that once. and yea the ragdoll was meant to be reg rag, but ex is farther, so pick your gambel.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
what if he does a wakeup ex nomad dash, and why would kabal ever do EX saw on wakeup from that distance lol

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
what if he does a wakeup ex nomad dash, and why would kabal ever do EX saw on wakeup from that distance lol
I don't really know the correct answer, but as a ex-MK9 Kabal player, I can safely say that a lot of times I did stuff that I knew it wasn't smart, but since I was using Kabal I was liek "what the hell anyway..."

Maxter

Noob
lol yea it was meant to be full screen cuz most cy players at tourneys get stuck against reo or detroit or CAT and just block the saws. leap is a dam good way out. yea tough fight but just saying to use it smart to avoid things, i dont see it often. i only saw maxter do that once. and yea the ragdoll was meant to be reg rag, but ex is farther, so pick your gambel.
thanks for the info but we know this since the game came out, saw ground hats, smoke bombs, freddy fingers etc. all this can be avoided by going airborne, even with u4 with cyrax you can avoid this, problem is kabal mindfucks people with iagbs and ground saws startup is too goddamn fast, you can see it and react to it of course but not from mid range, pros kabal players know cyrax could go for a leap at any moment if they keep a pattern doing that saw, and if u randomly do a leap anticipating this gasblast will hit u in the air and is a free combo, this fight is unwindable at for cyrax, he might win one or 2 matches but the matchup is too against him. thanks for trying to help cyrax player tho it is good info anyway for those who didnt know about this

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
Yeah like what most of the other top cyrax guys are saying, using anti air to avoid the ground saw is very situational. Any really good Kabal player will blow you up for trying to anti air ground saws. This match up is very difficult for cyrax and all we can do is dash in and do block/crouch block and push kabal into a corner. However, if you are at jump distance and you KNOW he will groundsaw, you can full punish him with a jump in =]

thanks for the info but we know this since the game came out, saw ground hats, smoke bombs, freddy fingers etc. all this can be avoided by going airborne, even with u4 with cyrax you can avoid this, problem is kabal mindfucks people with iagbs and ground saws startup is too goddamn fast, you can see it and react to it of course but not from mid range, pros kabal players know cyrax could go for a leap at any moment if they keep a pattern doing that saw, and if u randomly do a leap anticipating this gasblast will hit u in the air and is a free combo, this fight is unwindable at for cyrax, he might win one or 2 matches but the matchup is too against him. thanks for trying to help cyrax player tho it is good info anyway for those who didnt know about this
well jsut an idea i dont play cyrax and i dont play many kabals, so i just tried to help. btw, your MAXTER man lol!

i had no human to train, so he did enhanced and i jumped that lol. as i said i dont play cy, just dont see cys jumping it when they can in tourneys, whether its smart or not, do something! lmao