What's new

Australia's YSB Tournament - n-megabyte wins Mortal Kombat 9 and RW1991 wins Injustice!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Now that Mortal Kombat 9 has finally received classification in stores at the continent of Australia, players such as TONY-T and n-megabyte are establishing a firm tournament presence alongside other combatants! Last Saturday on May 4th, Australia hosted its first official tournament for Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice: Gods Among Us in Sydney, and the country's newborn scene is starting out strong!
YSB Syd MK.jpg
While we have official results for both of our treasured games in the tournament, we only have footage of the semifinals and grand finals for MK9 to present in this article. Below are the videos. The players are Gilbagz (Sub-Zero) and n-megabyte (Kabal).

Semifinals:

Grand Finals:

Without further ado, TYM would like to congratulate n-megabyte for seizing victory in the first Mortal Kombat 9 tournament of Australia, and we'd also like to congratulate RW1991 for coming out on top in Injustice: Gods Among Us!

We are positively thrilled to see the rise of a new potential scene in a country that was denied their share of the fun for two years since MK9 hit the stores! What else lies in store for our Australian warriors? Time will tell.

Here are the official bracket results below.

Mortal Kombat 9 YSB Results:

Tournament Champion: n-megabytes (Kabal)
2nd place: Gilbagz (Sub-Zero)
3rd place Tony-T (Cyrax)
4th place: vladmadkid (Kitana)
5th place tie: RW1991 (Kenshi) and cavalryshere (Skarlet and Cage)
7th place tie: x5star (Kung Lao) and Jordfrog (Quan Chi, Jax, and Cage)
9th place tie: fishy1077 (Scorpion), cabjoy (Smoke, Kitana, and Quan Chi), and chiefmegadeath (Raiden and Kenshi)

Injustice: Gods Among Us YSB Results:

Tournament Champion: RW1991
2nd place: cav
3rd place: vladmadkid
4th place: Gilbagz
5th place tie: AtomicX and n-megabytes
7th place tie: erks and x5star
9th place tie: Goodpart, Tr-0-n, Fayd, and cabjoy
13th place tie: Fishy1077, Chiefmegadeath, Niah, and Mademan

Credits to n-megabyte

Attachments

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
@n-megabytes you mean Dave, my mate who lent you his recording gear when we were done with KoF? You also did a great job being indecisive about the setups.during this LOCAL that we all entered.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
thanks for doing that nader. now im waiting for my thanks from you for providing copies of both games, a full set up which was used for casuals and for injustice.

im just kidding. i dont expect thanks. it was no big deal and id do it again. there were lots of people deserving of thanks and lots who deserve to give it. now let us remember we are not children and go about our business without appealing for gold stars from the teacher.

I am at work guys, so I couldn't reply sooner and give everyone the credit they deserve cause everyone there was awesome. But HUGE thanks to you x5iVE_STAR for bringing the setup and to @CHIEFMEGADEATH for bring his equipment as well and to Gilbagz for organizing it in the first place. Also a HUGE thanks to Dave who is a legend as he gave us his recording device so we were able to capture some matches in HD and took a LOT of time and put in a LOT of effort to upload and send the vids to me so I can share them with the rest. I'm sorry if i forgot to mention anyone but please know that everyone there was awesome and I thank you all for the AMAZING day in Sydney

Oh and to the Ozdahou guys for lending us equipment and helping us out as much as possible!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
top 8 injustice

Tournament Champion: RW1991 SUPERMAN
2nd place: cav WONDER WOMAN
3rd place: vladmadkid GREEN LANTERN
4th place: Gilbagz JOKER
5th place tie: AtomicX and n-megabytes BATMAN / CATWOMAN
7th place tie: erks and x5star KILLER FROST / LEX LUTHOR

i dont recall the others sorry

Gilbagz

Joker here~
top 8 injustice

5th place tie: AtomicX and n-megabytes ???? / CATWOMAN
7th place tie: erks and x5star ???? / LEX LUTHOR

AtomicX used Batman
Erks used Killer Frost

top 8 injustice

5th place tie: AtomicX and n-megabytes ???? / CATWOMAN
7th place tie: erks and x5star ???? / LEX LUTHOR

That's cool, bro, thanks. Another tourney for the Man of Steel, eh? Cool to see a top 8 Joker! 2nd place Wonder Woman. This is a pretty interesting list.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
This is cool news, but I am curious which characters were being played in both games for the top 8 or top 16.
Tournament Champion: n-megabytes (Kabal)
2nd place: Gilbagz (Sub-Zero)
3rd place Tony-T (Cyrax)
4th place: vladmadkid (Kitana)
5th place tie: RW1991 (Kenshi) and cavalryshere (Skarlett/Cage)
7th place tie: x5star(Kung Lao0 and Jordfrog (Quan[?]/Jax/Cage[?])
9th place tie: fishy1077(Scorpion), cabjoy(Smoke/Kitana/Quan Chi[?]), and chiefmegadeath(Raiden/Scorpion[?]/???)

If any of you guys ever make it out to Pohnpei, FSM, drop me a line. I can probably ask the owner of the local Aussie bar to let us hook up a PS3 and have some games of Injustice and MK9.

It's a monthly event I think... But what made it special was the fact that it was the FIRST time we could hold MK in such an event since the game has finally been released! Can't wait for the exhibition at BAM5!