What's new

[Aug 2, 2014] FightFest 2014 (Louisville, KY)

Vandy

Kumite!

FightFest is a tournament that is part of a larger convention called FandomFest - an annual SciFi/Comic convention in Louisville, KY. You can get information about the event here: www.fandomfest.com

Admission to FightFest requires a ticket to FandomFest which can be acquired here:
http://www.fandomfest.com/tickets.html

Sign ups for the fighting game tournaments will be done onsite. Each tournament game costs $10 to enter.

Saturday Start Times:
11 AM: Tekken Tag 2 (PS3)
11 AM: Ultra Street Fighter IV (360)
11 AM: Project M (Wii)
12 PM: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
1 PM: Injustice Gods Among Us (360)
2 PM: Killer Instinct (XBone)

SF, Marvel, and KI will have their finals played on Sunday.

FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/601813759882409/

Last edited:

Vandy

Kumite!
I am not affiliated with FandomFest and I am not in charge of FightFest, but I will be there to help run Tekken and Injustice!

If you have specific questions about the event please use the FB event page!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Wow..... on my Birthday weekend and i'm out of town.
I don't even ....... I R SAD.

But i'm happy that there is actually something happening in the good ole state. Good luck to those that can go!!!

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Actually, I'm almost positive that I'm going to this. Between the tournaments, the convention itself, and only a two hour drive from my house: 'tis a no-brainer.

Vandy

Kumite!
If you are wondering about my involvement, FightFest was the tournament we promoted at KiT 14 as one of our sponsors. FightFest is run by a young guy named Dalton who is my TO in training.

You know you want to come see Counselor Troi and Geordi La Forge.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
There is a very good chance that I will attend this. I hope to bring many of the Dayton/Cinci players with me.

EDIT: I may have spoken in haste. We'll see as it gets closer, but that $50 entry is somewhat dissuading.

Last edited:

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Oh 50$ entry fee...
Yeah apparently some people *cough* @AL Eevee *cough* didn't check the price tag when telling me about this. It's $40 minimum to get into the venue (That's for just the Saturday pass) and another $10 for tournament entry fee.
I'm still trying to make sure that it's all on Saturday since apparently some events, like KI, AE and Marvel have top 8 on Sunday, which would mean also needing to buy a pass for Sunday.

Vandy

Kumite!
I would recommend getting the $60 weekend pass and enjoying the convention. I understand though if it is too high.

Anyway, hope to see you there!

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I would recommend getting the $60 weekend pass and enjoying the convention. I understand though if it is too high.

Anyway, hope to see you there!
Sadly going all 3 days is out of the question due to work.
I want to go, but we'll see how my finances look as the event gets closer.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I think that I might just pay the Saturday Only pass and go. Not even bother with a hotel room, since it's only about 2.5 hours from my house.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I don't think anyone in Dayton is going. Just too expensive for me right now, and I don't think our other driver was going to make the trip either.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

With all of the Defiance celebs being there, I'm going to feel like a dumbass for not having watched a single second of Season 2 yet. :confused: