What's new

[Aug 19, 2011] Local Battles, Chocolate Lemon and KombatNetwork presents SB4! (Fort Lee, NJ)

localbattles

Gaming Center
Local Battles, Chocolate Lemon and KombatNetwork presents Salty Battles 4!
Featuring Mortal Kombat (2011) - Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – Super Street Fight 4: Arcade Edition

When: Friday Aug 19th, 3:00 PM Casual start time | First Match for MK9, AE, and MVC3 is 6:30 SHARP – PLEASE BE ON TIME

Please note that outside food will be permitted for Salty Battles Events until our food permit is approved.

Where:
LOCAL BATTLES
1207 Anderson Avenue
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
PICS OF THE VENUE
GOOGLE MAPS

Mortal Kombat streamed by Bifuteki
Marvel vs. Capcom3 and SSFIV:AE stream by 8WayRun

Transportation from NYC:

<Fastest way from Manhattan>

<Alternative Bus Option>
Take A,C,E to Port Authority
Take NJT Bus 159 to ANDERSON AVE AT BRINKERHOFF AVE
Walk up 1 block, located on Anderson Ave between Plateau Ave and Central Blvd
(Last bus Back to NYC is 2:10 am)

MVC3 and AE Tournaments will be held on Xbox360
MK9 Tournament will be held on PS3
BYOC for tournament

Venue Fee: $10
Entry Fee: $10 Each
Pot Split 70/20/10

Venue Fee includes wrist band for Casual play during and after a Salty Battles event until close @ 3AM. Casual play post event includes over 70 game selection including COD BlackOps w/ map packs, NBA 2K11, FIFA 2K11, NFS Hot Pursuit, Crysis 2 and more.

Free Spectating

—————————————————————————————————-
Mortal Kombat 9
Brackets by UMKShock
Clock on Default
Winner keeps character
2/3 rounds
2/3 matches
3/5 grand finals
Kombat Kodes that affect gameplay are banned
Kratos Banned
Kratos Stage banned
Street Stage banned
FREDDY AND costumes banned
Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain allowed
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Brackets by Phire
Clock on 99 seconds
Winner keeps Team (Characters, Assists and Order must be exactly the same)
Sets are 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3/5 matches, Winner from Losers must win 2 sets while Winner from Winners only needs to win 1
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION
Brackets by Phire
Clock on 99 seconds
Winner keeps Character/ can switch Ultra, Loser can change Character/Ultra
Sets are 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3/5 matches, Winner from Losers must win 2 sets while Winner from Winners only needs to win 1

Facebook Event Link
Salty Battles 1 Photo Recap

Local Battles Gaming Center
1207 Anderson Ave. Fort Lee, NJ 07024
http://www.localbattles.com

deffinatly gonna try to make it out since i missed the last one.....but i dont have a ps3 controller though......

D_W

The Could-Have-Been King
KT said you might be streaming this. Is that true? I ask because it seems to be pretty rare that streamers get the sound levels correct and I may be able to help with that.

localbattles

Gaming Center
Hey guys,

I was not around for last Friday's Salty Session but I heard everyone had a blast. Salty Battles IV is this Friday and it will have a dedicated stream by Bifuteki. Phil will not be here as he is returning from his honeymoon that day but the brackets will be ran by Shock himself. Casuals start as soon as we open at 3PM for those that want to beat the traffic.

would anyone going be willing to share a controller with me, im going through hell getting a wired ps3 controller in time. between shit reviews, being out of stock and coming from over seas i cant seem to find anything thatll get to me without spending a stupid amount of money.

localbattles

Gaming Center
would anyone going be willing to share a controller with me, im going through hell getting a wired ps3 controller in time. between shit reviews, being out of stock and coming from over seas i cant seem to find anything thatll get to me without spending a stupid amount of money.
There will most likely be players that will be willing to share.

**Updated Artwork, finally

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
KT said you might be streaming this. Is that true? I ask because it seems to be pretty rare that streamers get the sound levels correct and I may be able to help with that.
I wish I could be streaming it. Unfortunately I have no equipment to do so, so maybe I mentioned that it might be streamed but I didn't mean to imply that I would be the one to do it.

However, it looks like it will have a dedicated stream so that's pretty cool

CD jr

Noob
Dlc banned? Still? Oh well I was gonna go to this but since I can't use rain I'm not I'll just wait till summer jam.the only char that should be banned are skarlet and freedy untill patched kenshi and rain are perfectly balanced

localbattles

Gaming Center
Dlc banned? Still? Oh well I was gonna go to this but since I can't use rain I'm not I'll just wait till summer jam.the only char that should be banned are skarlet and freedy untill patched kenshi and rain are perfectly balanced
I will have to ask Storm if ALL DLC will be banned.

CD jr

Noob
Please do because i was going to ask for that day off my job so I can attend but if i can't use my main character I'm not gonna make the sacrifice.

is this a monthly thing? i saw that there was one in july but i just recently started paying attention to these tournaments

localbattles

Gaming Center
Please do because i was going to ask for that day off my job so I can attend but if i can't use my main character I'm not gonna make the sacrifice.
OK, only Freddy is banned. All other DLC Characters are allowed. Confirmed via txt from UMKShock.