What's new

Attempting To Pick Up Nightwolf

King

Sig Maker
I wanted to pick up Nightwolf because I played around with his moveset and it intrigued me. So I recorded the first few matches I had online with him and I was wondering what advice you Nightwolf pros would offer me after seeing my matches. Please note I don't have any prior experience with Nightwolf. I just went into training mode, learned his midscreen BnB combo, and jumped online for some play immediately. So be gentle lol.

Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

Match 4

Match 5

Match 6

Match 7

Match 8

Match 9

you tend to do wake up shoulders alot.It didnt cost you in some games but against good player who look for the shoulder it will.I usually use wake up shoulder the first time but after that i dashing foward and getting a easy grab or try one of his strings.Just try to be unpredictable (maybe dash forward or backward and then do a shoulder).

Your f3 mixups are great but eventually people will start ducking and blocking that string.Put the 1221 in the mix for some really good mind games

Dont leave no food on the table.Most times if you get a jump kick on the opponent, you can hit a shoulder as they go down. Get that free damage!!

EX Lightning is a free combo starter.Dont have to use it but be aware you always have it(if you have meter :) ).

Other than that you played very well with NW.

Thanks King your Noob Vids are nice and I finally got to see some footage of a NW in action. I saw the stream of LordoftheFlys playing at evo and that was good also. I just wish there was more NW vids.

King

Sig Maker
you tend to do wake up shoulders alot.It didnt cost you in some games but against good player who look for the shoulder it will.I usually use wake up shoulder the first time but after that i dashing foward and getting a easy grab or try one of his strings.Just try to be unpredictable (maybe dash forward or backward and then do a shoulder).

Your f3 mixups are great but eventually people will start ducking and blocking that string.Put the 1221 in the mix for some really good mind games

Dont leave no food on the table.Most times if you get a jump kick on the opponent, you can hit a shoulder as they go down. Get that free damage!!

EX Lightning is a free combo starter.Dont have to use it but be aware you always have it(if you have meter :) ).

Other than that you played very well with NW.
Thanks for the tips man. I'll be sure I incorporate them into my Nightwolf.

Thanks King your Noob Vids are nice and I finally got to see some footage of a NW in action. I saw the stream of LordoftheFlys playing at evo and that was good also. I just wish there was more NW vids.
No problem. Do you have any links to Fly's Nightwolf gameplay? I'd like to incorporate some of his tactics into mine.

Overall pretty good, but make sure you incorporate wake up ex choke, its underated imo.
Now there's something I didn't know. Thanks!

Everytime you win an air exchange, go for shoulder. I noticed that you started doing that in the later vids.
I also feel like you have full meter way to often. Nightwolf has so many good ex moves.

EX Choke to stop jumpins.
EX Shoulder for obvious reasons.
EX Lightning for crouching opponents leads to:
dash forward shoulder from full screen
B2-Hatchet jabs into shoulder from jump-in distance.

I usually do either Lightning or Arrow after shoulder, unless im facing teleporters.
If they Block the arrow (Hadouken vs wake-up) it is free chip and meter. If they stay grounded a few times you go for lightning.

I think you can pick up a better cornercombo aswell.
The "Anything into Hatchet" B2-Hatchet, F3,1,2, 1,2,2-Shoulder is really nice.