What's new

ATP Show - "Perfect Legend, you really put a lot of smiles on the innernet today" - Aris.

nugava

Noob
They talk about that PL thing in the first 30 minutes of the show. (They just show the new Yoshimitsu inbetween.)

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Wow I had no idea about the whole PL thing, that's nuts. I must of missed TYM that day.

:DOGE

virtiqaL

Noob
Does PL realize he can still stream, play, and improve his game at the same time? Not every stream/streamer needs to give individual attention to each viewer, especially if you're a well known, respected, and/or high level player. People will watch his stream just based on those reasons alone.

Just play the game like you normally would, have your stream there as a way for people to enjoy your gameplay if they like. I feel like his problem is that he's focusing on gettin' dem subz and viewz while streaming rather than just playing.

I stream on a regular basis for the hell of it and often times won't even pay attention to chat if I'm focused on trying to practice something.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Bottom line now days is that if you want to be successful streaming you have to entertain and interact with your fans/viewers. Who knew that would be taxing on one's time and a lot of work? Weird right? You could also be yourself and not worry about the haters and being an e-celeb. But maybe someone being themselves is part of the problem for some viewers.

Last I get so sick of tech hoarding for fear someone won't have that broken edge. Way to help the game, level up, and promote the community. :rolleyes:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You would learn more from watching PL but he's not a nice guy that will gladly explain the definition of 'Safe' and what frame data is to viewers every 5 minutes

virtiqaL

Noob
You would learn more from watching PL but he's not a nice guy that will gladly explain the definition of 'Safe' and what frame data is to viewers every 5 minutes
Then he needs to embrace that and just stream if he likes. It's cool to do the whole Twitch and YouTube thing as a secondary thing to provide more content to your followers, or "fans" (if that's what you want to call them), but I find it odd that someone with PL's tournament and competitive success that he's seemingly prioritizing becoming an internet personality rather than just sticking to what he's proven to be good at, which is playing and competing, not streaming.

I mean he has more followers/viewers than a lot of the little people who devote a shitload of their time to streaming and producing content. He has more followers than well-known people like Fatal1ty just off the top of my head. He should just be grateful for the views/follows he does get and just simply focus on the game.

E

Eldriken

Then he needs to embrace that and just stream if he likes. It's cool to do the whole Twitch and YouTube thing as a secondary thing to provide more content to your followers, or "fans" (if that's what you want to call them), but I find it odd that someone with PL's tournament and competitive success that he's seemingly prioritizing becoming an internet personality rather than just sticking to what he's proven to be good at, which is playing and competing, not streaming.

I mean he has more followers/viewers than a lot of the little people who devote a shitload of their time to streaming and producing content. He has more followers than well-known people like Fatal1ty just off the top of my head. He should just be grateful for the views/follows he does get and just simply focus on the game.
He's becoming (or has already become) way too Hollywood to appreciate anything that you mentioned. :/

JLG

Noob
... I find it odd that someone with PL's tournament and competitive success that he's seemingly prioritizing becoming an internet personality rather than just sticking to what he's proven to be good at, which is playing and competing, not streaming.
It's partly, maybe mostly, the money issue. You can make some money from gaming by playing well, but you pretty much have to beat the very best and place top 3 at multiple tournaments around the country throuhout the year. Or you can use the wit and personal charisma you have (That's assuming you even have those), interact with viewers, be willing to adopt an online persona if you don't want to show your true self, play games for fun, then pull in donations at random. I believe PL's message shows that he wants the rewards of the latter method but doesn't like "jumping through the hoops" to get it.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Definitely agree on Max's stream though, I like Max, pretty likable guy, makes decent youtube vids but his stream since MKX has come out seems like nothing more than a donation appreciation stream. It's great to be thankful but when that's all you are it's tiring and obnoxious. But hey, he can stream his dogs asshole for 3 hours and probably still get more viewers than PL, so it obviously doesn't matter what I like or dislike about his stream, I just can't personally enjoy it.

Seems like CDJR and Tom/REO have the best balance of gameplay, insight and entertainment so far. It's pretty easy to relate to his frustration at not getting as many viewers as Max/True/Justin, he's an MK EVO champ. Unfortunately for him he's not all that fun to watch. Gotta up your pewdepie skills, target that teenage gamer demographic a little bit better, make loud noises, repeat inane shit over and over. Not be a salty, bitter old man. :REO

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Lol wow. PL is a bitter and jealous little man.

Maybe if his streams weren't boring 24/7 or full of nothing but complaining people would want to watch. Criticizing and outright undermining other streamer's hard work because he isn't doing as well as they are is just stupid

Last edited:

RM_NINfan101

It's partly, maybe mostly, the money issue. You can make some money from gaming by playing well, but you pretty much have to beat the very best and place top 3 at multiple tournaments around the country throuhout the year. Or you can use the wit and personal charisma you have (That's assuming you even have those), interact with viewers, be willing to adopt an online persona if you don't want to show your true self, play games for fun, then pull in donations at random. I believe PL's message shows that he wants the rewards of the latter method but doesn't like "jumping through the hoops" to get it.
I have no idea why the hell he is so upset. He's won EVO twice at least in his game, most people never ever EVER get to say that.

Sonic? Streams often. Max? Been doin' the damn thang for seven years. Justin Wong? Do I need to explain him?

Like I would kill to be in Carl's position. Sponsored, can compete in tournaments, and has power in the community to do a lot of good and educate others. Instead, he's come off really bad here. I'm not gonna rip on him, honestly insulting his subscribers (Including Jwong!) like this and other people says enough. I just hope he realizes how big of a mistake this was and apologize, but that might even come from his new sponsor at this point.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
PL's stream viewers give me a headache and I'm not even him. I don't even go to his stream that much anymore and I mod it.

He gets the SAME questions asked HUNDREDS of times a day. "What stick do you use", "Show us Kung Lao", "Are you winning EVO again?" And even worse, many people just talk about SonicFox and his stream. I'd go crazy too.

RM_NINfan101

PL's stream viewers give me a headache and I'm not even him. I don't even go to his stream that much anymore and I mod it.

He gets the SAME questions asked HUNDREDS of times a day. "What stick do you use", "Show us Kung Lao", "Are you winning EVO again?" And even worse, many people just talk about SonicFox and his stream. I'd go crazy too.
Yeah but the internet is really the worst place for that... I can get his frustration somewhat, but I agree with Aris and some of the posters in here. He went a little too far.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Yeah but the internet is really the worst place for that... I can get his frustration somewhat, but I agree with Aris and some of the posters in here. He went a little too far.
Yeah but the pressure is on PL tenfold. Two time EVO champ, even tho he doesn't get Max, JWong and others views, the casuals just expect more from him and want to ask him a million questions

RM_NINfan101

Yeah but the pressure is on PL tenfold. Two time EVO champ, even tho he doesn't get Max, JWong and others views, the casuals just expect more from him and want to ask him a million questions
I mean, you can control how you handle that pressure though. As soon as you win EVO, of course the spotlight is gonna shine on you... Some would kill for that light, some would of rather never had it at all...

But I don't get why PL would put a dig in on streamers who have been streaming longer than him. Couldn't he, like they did... Just keep putting out the word and putting on events, keep it up, and would have a recognizable stream? I mean everything in life takes time. He I think would know that, considering the amount of hours he put into MK9.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
MKX isn't about how good you are, it's about how many views and followers you can get. :DOGE

I know that when I'm older & if I ever stop competing, I'd be much happier with my tournament record than somethin like 'number of likes' which is a very fake sort of measurement.

But that's just me, I'm not engulfed by this new age social media bullshit and still recognise things that actually deserve credit.

People will always remember PLs back to back evo wins, even though he dropped off and hasn't won or placed as frequently in cutthroat competition since 2012.

But who will remember true talent, and if they do, for what reason?

Last edited: