What's new

Atlanta Revival RETURNS July 31th 2010 Atlanta,Georgia

OK Fellow MK players we in the ATL are trying to come up with some good numbers of participants at least over fifteen players to bring MK tournies to ATL, GA for our local monthly series Altlanta revival. I am a local MK player I play every last one of them but there is no knowledge of any other mk player I know of here so I trying to call them out and have them vote for what mk they wish to see to played and see if we can get something going on here if your interested in participating please read the following post giving full details of the venue. If the number of participants and votes are good for which game and platform we will try our best to have this tourney added to the list of games played thanks in advance to your support to our scene.

The New Season for the Atlantic South Division now begins.
In the wake of Final Round XIII, it's success seen all over the United States and a bit across seas, The Impact Clash Crew Returns with yet another of it's Monthly installments, this time with a banging new look, Permanent Location and many many more improvements!!!

So without Further lag (get it)

July 31th 2010

The venue is located in a suite of office building's If you have any
problems call us at (404) 954-0243

Ramada Atlanta Airport Conference Center
1380 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30344 US

Directions Via Marta
- Ride to College Park Train Station
- Take Bus 72 Left you off right across the street
- Harrison & Virginia Ave is the exact location

If you have any problems reaching the venue by bus call (404) 954-0243 for help

Venue Fee:
$10.00 Per Person

New Registration and Start Time:
Registration begins at 1:30pm ALL TOURNAMENTS Begin at 3pm NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Games in Attendance:

GEARS OF WAR 2: (X-Box 360)
(Bring your own controller and head set)
5v5 Teams $50.00 Per Team (Basically $10.00 per head)
2v2 Wing-man Teams $20.00 Per Team (Basically $10.00 per head)
POT BALANCE SPLIT: 60% 25% 15%

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4: (Playstation 3)
(Bring Your Own Stick/Controller)
Game Fee: $10.00
POT BALANCE SPLIT: 60%-30%-10%

SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL+MELEE: (Nintendo Wii)

TEKKEN 6 (Playstation 3)

Mortal Kombat???
(Depends on your votes and postings of who will participates)

Equipment Waivers:
Full set up meaning Television,Video Game+Console, Your entry Fee is waived!!!
1/2 set up meaning console or tv, half off entry fee!!!

In order to qualify for Equipment Waivers, you must contact the Impact Clash Crew/Impact Players via
Email:
GaGamingscene@gmail
GamGamingelite@gmail
Once Email Confirmation is reached, your names will be added to the list, visible here in this thread on a first come first served basis, you will also be added to a list for PERMANENT Equipment door fee waivers for future Atlanta Revivals!!

Please sign up, with all your information, all your games so the tournament can run as smooth as possible, EXAMPLE:

Pokchop
Tekken 6 & Super SF4

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
Food and Beverages will be sold at this venue, please keep us up to date with what it is you all like to eat, drink & snack on while at thees tournaments.
Right now Our list goes as follows:

GATORADE (Bottles) $1.50
POWERADE (Bottles) $1.25
Water (Bottles) $1.00
Chips (Zip Lock bagged for more quantity) $.50
CupCakes (Homemade) Please notify us of icing types, sprinkles etc $.50
Cookies (Homemade) Please notify us of what types etc $.50
Microwave Popcorn (Cheese-Extra Butter-Plain) $.75

AC1984

Kaballin!
Atlanta Revival RETURNS June 26th 2010 Atlanta,Georgia

Jugger and Golden, can you guys try and run this???

AC1984

Kaballin!

Unfortunately i wont be able to go to Atlanta...but if Juggs and Golden agree to bring the setup(X box and a TV) then the number of players shouldn't be that important...IMO 15 players is a big challenge.

Dark_Rob

Noob

AC1984 said:
Unfortunately i wont be able to go to Atlanta...but if Juggs and Golden agree to bring the setup(X box and a TV) then the number of players shouldn't be that important...IMO 15 players is a big challenge.
Yea I agree with Simon here. The number of players should be lowered. Sometimes we dont even get 15 players up here, and we HAVE a scene. I would say 8 players is sufficient for the first time and its enough to have a small double elim. tourney.

EDIT: The reason I say this is for the good of starting a scene there. Lets say you get 10 players to show up. If the minimum amount of players the T.O. will accept is 15 and the tourney doesnt go off. These same 10 players that went down for nothing will be much less likely to attend again.
Start small, think long term. Rome wasnt built in a day and neither will your MK scene. The reason Shock,Summoning and 9.95 are succeeding up here is because of they're patience and perserverance.

AC1984

Kaballin!

Very very true....and i agree 100%. small steps for long term success.

Tim Static

Adminerator

UMK3 is blowing up @ SRK, and beyond. A small step can go a long way. I know there are hungry players for the game, so getting your foot in the door comes first. Get it going fellas!

isn't this already done? june 26th?? I would get down I'm in SC right now like 45 mins away from ATL and I would go to play some fools at mk2 I'm ok at umk3 too. I love playing people in real life online is ok but nobody around me is even decent at mk2 or even likes it I got some street fighter players but they're just button smashers

Yeah I was like, "June 26th = July 26th"?? I need some confirmation on if this a monthly or not.

Cool, I've been asking if there are any UMK3 player in GA in threads and what not. Only people I know of is subzerosmokerain. Rolltide is in Alabama...

EDIT: Got Pig of the hut from MKU to "sign-up".

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech

im down if i can figure out how to get there and still have money to get back lol

Do not sign-up in the thread that's been posted. I don't know yet where we can go and "request" UMK3, but I messaged Cool-Breeze and he said the tournament is on July 24th. And that he would need 15 competitors before he would allow a MK tournament.

cool-breeze said:
You must build the scene meaning, just because you want to play it at our tournament location... doesn't mean there will be an actually tournament held, right now on SRK nor Tekken Zaibatsu, there is no interest in Mortal Kombat of any form, if you can bring me 15 competitors or more, I GUARANTEE you a legit tourny for your game but anything less then that number posted up above, would be farfetched to happen

Hey Ive been keeping watch over the tourney posting and to let you know this tourney date is officially the July 24Th every month it is our monthly to we have our major which is held in March which is Final Round I will modify the dates and to let any further confusion to dumb down sorry about that but I officially have the word and yes thanks for the support again.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Atlanta Revival RETURNS July 24th 2010 Atlanta,Georgia

Quote from: cool-breeze:

You must build the scene meaning, just because you want to play it at our tournament location... doesn't mean there will be an actually tournament held, right now on SRK nor Tekken Zaibatsu, there is no interest in Mortal Kombat of any form, if you can bring me 15 competitors or more, I GUARANTEE you a legit tourny for your game but anything less then that number posted up above, would be farfetched to happen
Clearly he hasnt been to the Mortal Kombat forum on SRK, or seen any of the recent tournament streams.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

I really think we are still under the radar despite the most recent streams and all. A lot of people refuse to look past SFIV's huge shadow and that really angers me.

Tim Static

Adminerator

Dreamcatcher said:
I really think we are still under the radar despite the most recent streams and all. A lot of people refuse to look past SFIV's huge shadow and that really angers me.
its alot bigger than you think. and SFIV's cast itself over other good.............SF games too, not to mention about everyother good/decent fighter.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

Tim Static said:
its alot bigger than you think. and SFIV's cast itself over other good.............SF games too, not to mention about everyother good/decent fighter.
Well let me put it this way... it's hard to notice a big fish in the pond when there's a fucking whale named SFIV. No? lol

Dark_Rob

Noob

Tim Static said:
Agreed. Also being big does not nessecarily indicate that is is also good. Street fighter 4 has made super stars out of mediocre players. Its own High level community is quick to point out its flaws.
Some of the more common things said by people in the stream chats viewing UMK3 being played at a high level have been things like "OMG I had no idea this game was this good or could be played at this level" or " This game shits on SSF4", and other things to that effect.
Our course for the future is clear, we must bring it to the masses.

AC1984

Kaballin!

Sorry about the off topic but I have this on my mind and just want to release it....SSF4 is definitely a good modern fighting game but it is 100% overrated and doesn't deserve the exact attention it has now. What i saw on tournament streams or just tournament fights is that people do not scream and cheer for good combos, they scream for certain people only. The thing with the SF crowd reminds me of a back street boys concert where one girl screams and that makes other girls scream ass well for no reason. from my personal experience i would like to conclude that it doesn't matter what you do, its more about who you are.

AC1984 said:
Sorry about the off topic but I have this on my mind and just want to release it....SSF4 is definitely a good modern fighting game but it is 100% overrated and doesn't deserve the exact attention it has now. What i saw on tournament streams or just tournament fights is that people do not scream and cheer for good combos, they scream for certain people only. The thing with the SF crowd reminds me of a back street boys concert where one girl screams and that makes other girls scream ass well for no reason. from my personal experience i would like to conclude that it doesn't matter what you do, its more about who you are.
Pretty much agree. For example, two people can say the exact same thing, yet one person will get more credit over the other just because of their "status" so to speak.

I can't go but voted for umk3 mame none the less. Don't want to be beaten by some silly 3rdstrike :p

AC1984

Kaballin!

IceyTruth said:
I can't go but voted for umk3 mame none the less. Don't want to be beaten by some silly 3rdstrike :p
If thats the reason not to go...then LAME!

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.

AC1984 said:
If thats the reason not to go...then LAME!
I think the reason hes not going is because he lives in England.

yo dream?..u live in atlanta bro? if so we should hookup i stay in lawrenceville about 30 mins from the airport. I can't say if i can make it to arrival yet although ima try my best but i can't promise anything. I'll def see how everything goes. I've been dying to go to a local tourney.

edit: Juggernaut