What's new

Assuming Injustice 3 is not next... what do you hope is?

Hello!

So most people are assuming Injustice 3 is coming next based on NRS previous release pattern...

... but what would you want as a new franchise/IP from NRS if a third release was added to the rotation?

The fact guest characters have seen good revenue/downloads, there clearly is a demand for these characters, so I would love some kind of movie/tv character fighting game.

It would be great promotional tool for Warner Brothers intellectual properties as well (e.g. movie releases). I could imagine it might have wider appeal as well outside of those who are just fans of MK and/or the DC Universe.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'd love to see some type of gothic horror themed fighting game. Maybe it would be infringing on KI a bit too much, but something with Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Wolfman, and then other gothic horror themed characters from other cultures. A banshee, a Golem, a Doppelganger. Something like that.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Seeing the way Scorpion moved and fought in the latest movie really makes me want a Devil May Cry-style hack n' slash. I just don't know how much experience NRS as a whole has in that genre beyond Shaolin Monks, and that was over a decade ago.

I think they’re leaning towards a Shaolin Monks style game based on their advancements in the Krypt. They should just use the Krypt in MK11 as a starting point and expand it into a huge adventure game

Seeing the way Scorpion moved and fought in the latest movie really makes me want a Devil May Cry-style hack n' slash. I just don't know how much experience NRS as a whole has in that genre beyond Shaolin Monks, and that was over a decade ago.
They also outsourced that game to Midway Los Angeles at the time. I imagine something similar would happen if they did it again. Give it to the guys that do those Batman Arkham games.

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
Uugghhhh.... great in theory, but they don’t mix well at a conceptual level
They'd work great if WB would actually grow a pair and allow fatalities/brutalities to stay. Could you imagine the kinds of MK-style fatalities Supes and Lantern would be capable of?!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Now that would be amazing!!!
I know it'd be tough, but it would be so cool if they were somehow able to stay true to both game's mechanics, with MK characters having more string based attacks/combos, and KI characters still having their Opener-linker-auto double stuff or whatever they have.

Seems like there's a ton of overlap between the two communities. One issue: Would it be an Xbox/PC exclusive?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
What if NRS just simply did an entirely new thing? Make a 3D game, but create an entirely new universe/set of characters?

What if NRS just simply did an entirely new thing? Make a 3D game, but create an entirely new universe/set of characters?
I don’t see this due to the reason being ‘money’ - we already know they are a Triple A company wanting to make big bucks for WB. Established properties already have fan bases which lend to new IPs, but also already have marketable potential.

A new IP is possible, but I see it within an established universe.

That's possible. Ed Boon did an interview before MK11 came out, saying he wanted to do a God of War Style game. I think it was the 100 questions with Ed Boon interview.