What's new

ASMR- Do you guys follow?

Before I begin, for those of you unaware of ASMR (Autonomic Sensory Meridian Response) is a type of mental, psychological pleasurable stimulus. It is an amazing feeling in the back of your head/scalp.

To those especially unfamiliar with this, it may seem WEIRD. ASMR Videos/Audio clips usually involve: Scratching Sounds, Tapping Sounds, Whispering, Soft-Spoken Role-playing, etc.

ASMR provides stress relief, insomnia relief, migraine/headache relief, relaxation, easier/faster time going to sleep, etc.

I'm extremely fascinated by this, and was wondering if there are any other ASMR community members out there.

Again, it may seem VERY weird at first, but it's divine.

Here is one of my favorite videos of my favorite Uploader.
The second one is a different one with amazing sounds.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
i had no idea that this had a name until yesterday when i read someone mention it and googled it. been watching videos non stop trying to find triggers and so far it appears white noise may do the trick for me lol. more people should know/talk about this.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Is it supposed to leave you sexually aroused?

In all seriousness the second video sounded like bubble wrap.

I was a Neuroscience intern a year ago and found that then, and took a NeuroScience class last semester, and this was brought up.
It can sexually arouse you, but that's not the intention of it.
It is for total relaxation.

I know it's weird, but it has made a hell of a difference in my life. (less stress, and when i fall asleep to these, i enter a DEEP sleep, and wake up refreshed.)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It's not a sexual feeling at all. It's more like a numbing tingling that starts at the top of your spine and slowly spreads down to the rest of your body. It's not arousing at all for me.

My favourite ASMR-tist is HeatherFeather.

Last edited:
Yeah I think I know what this is. There are some sounds that just make you feel good. They calm you down and give you shivers but in a non-sexual way lol.

For me it's hearing these sounds:

-Someone writing
-The bus
-The rain against a window
-A fountain
-Leaves in the wind
-Slow footsteps
-Woman's jewelry

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I like the sound of the dryer running and get irritated if it turns off before I fall asleep. Like it messes up my head.