What's new

Strategy Arrow (Trait) loading time

Yeah I agree, it takes too long to load an arrow and to shoot it.
More like 45% super, which is what some characters get from 1/2 bars. The super after 111 is not guaranteed and can be escaped by most of the cast.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/green-arrow-reset-into-mixup-setup.30466/#post-811769

Also, Ive found some of the no escape guys can just not tech roll and nothing will happen to them. You need to wait a bit, but if you wait too much they can jump out.

Still, it's nowhere near as broken as you paint it. It's hella situational, not guaranteed, and his normal damage is still depressing.
Thanks for your valuable input, I really appreciate it

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
His load speed is fine IMO. I say let the freeze arrow freeze more than 1 time in combos so you can get that vortex going.

His load speed is fine IMO. I say let the freeze arrow freeze more than 1 time in combos so you can get that vortex going.
You'd need to have more than 1 ice arrow loaded and he can currently only stock 1, so that means they'd need to change it to two ice arrows loaded every time you DB4. If thats not the case, it wouldn't work with 1 ice arrow stocked due to the slow loading times.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I think GA should work like this:

Shitty zoning is only good to outzone better zoners, and then get in.
Using DS as an example, you should be able to shoot an arrow between gunshots, break his timing, allowing you a window to jump in or do whatever.
In that case, 1% is fine. Problem is, shooting and loading arrows are so slow it only works half of the time.

Thanks for your valuable input, I really appreciate it

I think GA should work like this:

Shitty zoning is only good to outzone better zoners, and then get in.
Using DS as an example, you should be able to shoot an arrow between gunshots, break his timing, allowing you a window to jump in or do whatever.
In that case, 1% is fine. Problem is, shooting and loading arrows are so slow it only works half of the time.

Agreed completely. I've found myself facing deathstroke and aquaman many times where I'm in that situation and I can't do anything about it. i know I won't be able to win a zoning war, I just want to be able to slow down their zoning/space control so I can get in. Problem is you get punished for an arrow load and you are forced to inch your way in with whatever arrow you currently have stocked. And his regular arrows do only 1% and aren't nearly fast enough to warrant such a low damage output.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Why would it have to be shortened? You can't double freeze in a combo and if you instead go for electric arrow lets say d1 freeze load electric 113 4 b3 j3 b2 hurricane it would scale It will hit for like 31 max which is amazing for a d1 but sometimes I feel he needs it. He would be a great character but not broken. I see no immediate reasons to shorten freeze length. Maybe because he'd have like meter less Killer Frost resets which I admit, kinda broken.
because you could continually put them in 50/50 string mix ups on re freeze and they would have no choice but to try block or push block out, you can almost do it now with how long the freeze time is, but not quite.

if you had a faster reload you could do it every time with the length the freeze is right now.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
You'd need to have more than 1 ice arrow loaded and he can currently only stock 1, so that means they'd need to change it to two ice arrows loaded every time you DB4. If thats not the case, it wouldn't work with 1 ice arrow stocked due to the slow loading times.
Actually you can load an ice arrow during a juggle as stated in another thread. it's the green arrow vortex thread. If you dash d2 after a b3 you can cancel into load arrow then juggle into an ice arrow.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
http://testyourmight.com/threads/green-arrow-reset-into-mixup-setup.30466/#post-811769

Also, Ive found some of the no escape guys can just not tech roll and nothing will happen to them. You need to wait a bit, but if you wait too much they can jump out.

Still, it's nowhere near as broken as you paint it. It's hella situational, not guaranteed, and his normal damage is still depressing.
I read the tread, but didn't find an answer ''HOW''! On a standing opponent 111 Super. Let say in the corner F3, D2~Load ice Arrow, 114~Ice Arrow, NJ2 , 111~Super(reset), B3, J3, 22~Bow spin. Mid screen J2, F2D13~Ice Arrow, J2, 111~Super(reset),B3,J3,22~Bow Spin. How can you escape the the 111~Super on a standing opponent? It combos , but it resets in the middle on the Super!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I read the tread, but didn't find an answer ''HOW''! On a standing opponent 111 Super. Let say in the corner F3, D2~Load ice Arrow, 114~Ice Arrow, NJ2 , 111~Super(reset), B3, J3, 22~Bow spin. Mid screen J2, F2D13~Ice Arrow, J2, 111~Super(reset),B3,J3,22~Bow Spin. How can you escape the the 111~Super on a standing opponent? It combos , but it resets in the middle on the Super!
I linked you to a list. Read the list.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
So you want me to take time out of my day to make a video because you "don't believe it", instead of you going to the goddamn game and testing it yourself.

People these days, want everything in a silver plate.
No. I will test it, but I don't believe it until I do it and see it!

peachyO

Noob
So you want me to take time out of my day to make a video because you "don't believe it", instead of you going to the goddamn game and testing it yourself.

People these days, want everything in a silver plate.
you are vicious, cruel, you drown kittens, and you have piss and vinegar running through your veins.

God i love you!:) <3<3<3 don't ever change papi! xo

Yea that catches them from time to time but if they block it, we're back to square one :-(
Isn't that the point of mixup though?

Also I think hoping for a buff like this is a pipe dream. :/ you've got worry about freeze time time and you fundamental change the character all together. the amount of time it would take to test this change in comparison to any other sort of buff/nerf a character would be huge I think. You could potentially break the character with a change like that. What do I know though :p what I would do to cycle through all three arrows in one combo and be able to handle zoners easier

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
People are saying that it isn't really a bad nerf for GA, and I agree, it isn't that important. But it's the message that is being sent with the nerf: "We think GA is a good character in the game that could use a slight nerf", which means they have no idea that he is actually a low tier character:p Just watch Reo fight Chris G's arrow from ECT: Reo simply blocked GA completely.

People are saying that it isn't really a bad nerf for GA, and I agree, it isn't that important. But it's the message that is being sent with the nerf: "We think GA is a good character in the game that could use a slight nerf", which means they have no idea that he is actually a low tier character:p Just watch Reo fight Chris G's arrow from ECT: Reo simply blocked GA completely.
yea, Chris G has been using Black Adam for the most part now. Green Arrow just isn't tournament material. Most of The top tier characters wreck him for free. NRS clearly isn;t thinking straight, some of these changes are a knee jerk reaciton . They also don't seem to be very knowledgable about their own game. Did you see how they messed up the inputs to jokers laughing gass?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This character is fun to play, but he is falling behind because he is just too fair, he Clearly need some buffs.

Loading arrow time is the main problem the startup and recovery time are incredibly slow.

Ice arrow doesn't travel at the same speed as his other arrows, which makes some hardcore damaging bnbs extremely impractical.

Any fired arrow is slow on the shoot up, you cant even whiff punish with it or trade to win, besides his regular arrow dealing 1% crap damage on hit.

He is so trait and meter dependent and suck while using both, everything he is good at it is too slow while using, except his d1.

His fastest move is D1, honestly his f2 should be 9 frames to give him a chance to punish retarded characters with retarded moves on block like deathstroke, aquaman.

Sky alert is strait forward, it is his best anti air, and has it is now its a coin flip move you cant even use on reaction to punish jump ins, this move needs to be a solid aa, thrust me.

Lbsh, d2 sucks, a well time jump in and will cause a shock between 2 moves, even if you win, there is no point in using meter or ice arrow to complete bnbs, the damage is xcaled absurdly.

I just want 3 things, fast f2, fast sky alert, and less reload time, if this happen i will stop mailing aquaman, because he is the most complete character of this game