What's new

Breakthrough - Sorcerer Armour Bug with Quan Chi: Sorceror

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys,

This video demonstrates the point of this thread, but I was wondering if something like this has happened to any others.

Quan Chi's Armour Spell is inconsistent. The armour will seemingly randomly not be given to Quan and he'll get hit by something without the armour ticking.

In the video, I re-summon the armour spell as fast as I can, on the third time round, the ice ball freezes me, even though i should have absorbed the hit.

One of multiple outcomes occur with this Armour spell:

1. The armour doesn't tick even though Quan's armour is yet to be used up.

2. Quan will seemingly tick the armour and flash yellow, but he will still get hit as if there was no armour.

3. Quan will get hit by the first attack with no armour, but the next hit will tick the armour. Getting hit by the first hit of a string, then the next hit ticks the armour, causing Quan to fall out of the combo as normal. Even though he shouldn't be in the combo in the first place.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Let's get to the bottom of this. I've been trying to find answers in Training Mode with no luck so far.

Any advice would be cool, it's been happening to me for too long and I wanna get it out the game asap!

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
That third time seems like maybe the you were still in the startup frames, or maybe there is a timer for armor to appear for the first hit

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I've experienced the third scenario you described plenty of times. It's happened in multiple situations such as, right after the armor circle is summoned, right after I lose the armor and step out and back into the circle, and jumping (even though the armor is suppose to follow you in the air).

The first has only happened once and it was from stepping out and back into the circle, so I feel it wasn't fully ready to regenerate.

The second has never happened to me

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
iono if anyone else has seen the scenario when all of a sudden he has like 9 hits of armor (exaggerating more like 2-3 or something) randomly also..

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey guys,

This video demonstrates the point of this thread, but I was wondering if something like this has happened to any others.

Quan Chi's Armour Spell is inconsistent. The armour will seemingly randomly not be given to Quan and he'll get hit by something without the armour ticking.

In the video, I re-summon the armour spell as fast as I can, on the third time round, the ice ball freezes me, even though i should have absorbed the hit.

One of multiple outcomes occur with this Armour spell:

1. The armour doesn't tick even though Quan's armour is yet to be used up.

2. Quan will seemingly tick the armour and flash yellow, but he will still get hit as if there was no armour.

3. Quan will get hit by the first attack with no armour, but the next hit will tick the armour. Getting hit by the first hit of a string, then the next hit ticks the armour, causing Quan to fall out of the combo as normal. Even though he shouldn't be in the combo in the first place.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Let's get to the bottom of this. I've been trying to find answers in Training Mode with no luck so far.

Any advice would be cool, it's been happening to me for too long and I wanna get it out the game asap!
It looks like the startup of the portal wasn't fully finished

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I've had it happen opposite too where I got more armor than I should have:

Unless there's some reason that I don't know about for that to happen.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

That looked like his hotbox was outside the circle after taking the 2nd ARMOUR (@Pnut) tick, and some wonky mechanic regarding getting knockdown came into play.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
"Armor is the American spelling of the noun meaning a protective covering. Armour is the preferred spelling in all the other main varieties of English. Other than the spelling, there is no difference between the words."
... that's the joke...

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
"Armor is the American spelling of the noun meaning a protective covering. Armour is the preferred spelling in all the other main varieties of English. Other than the spelling, there is no difference between the words."
That was the joke.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015

I've had the opposite as well. I was playing @macro this morning and in the corner he got two hits of armor without leaving the portal.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

I've had that too, but I think it was an awkward situation where the game thought you were out of the portal, the next hit pushed you even closer into the portal suggesting the game simply gave you the added hit.

I think the area that's dictated whether or not you're in the spell is a bit shady, that would explain why you got two hits. You'll notice it especially if you're in the corner and the spell is slightly to one side, you're forever in that sweet spot where armour is always given. I'll get a video for you soon.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Excuse me sir .... you misspelled "Armor."
Both ways are actually correct. 'Armour' is the proper spelling in Great Britain. 'Armor' is the proper way to spell it in the U.S.