What's new

Video/Tutorial Armored MB Dash against zoners

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
im liking this because it gave me ideas that while completely irellevant to this subject give btter punishes on shit like banes charge and grundys walking corpse.
yeah its character specific for bane's charge, like aquaman gets 45% off MB b3, but to do a full combo using MB dash punish you would only do 40%. with flash i get 53% off a MB B3 with trait, using MB dash you can get 61% for bane's charge using two bars instead of one and triat so.....

Added a video to the original post, to explain what I meant by other uses:

I missed the follow up, but if timed correctly, this gives you advantage after the air grab, which you can't get otherwise (to my knowledge) --- much safer than a regular back dash. You can dash cancel on reaction, which means you also have the option punishing other wake-ups.

Against zoners u don't build meter fast enough cause you're trying to get in all the time.So jokers gun or gas cans are almost no good to use against good zoners.They way joker builds meter fast is his gun and cans and you're pretty much not using them cause remember where getting outzoned true or false.
Appreciate the feedback, man. There are definitely some drawbacks, but I think it could payoff if used correctly.

I apprecaite the effort, though I'm afraid this has been known during the demo. It's just highly unused in tournament play. I believe Zyphox makes a pretty good point, that why waste the meter when you can dash in. Still it's good you raised it up, it still needs more discussion in my opinion. :)

So far, I'd say MBDC is best used punishing interactables. For example, the water in the aquaman stage, or even the trash can on gotham city by gadget characters (which can also be jumped). It may also give better options for punishment on wakeup, or other types of moves, but at the moment there's not a whole lot going for it. (heck I feel they should buff this feature, either reduce the damage, or make recoverable health).

Although, I can't say it's been fully explored, I wouldn't mind seeing which moves can be better punished with MBDC. Also Zoidberg also had something similar to this as well.

The best example I've seen MBDC used was when Emperor Theo was facing Krazie at Gotham City. He had Krazie in the corner, held MB b3, waited for the wakeup attack to hit, and armored through it for the win.

Another example was when Detroit was facing Cafeid Koogle. He read Koogle was going to use the interactable, so MBDC through it for a full punish. It definitely made Koogle reluctant to use the interactable again, I don't even think he used any throughout the entire match.

So yeah, this could prove a better option to punish other moves. At the moment, I have no idea. I do remember Zyphox video on it when the demo came out. Even made my own as well....but I expected it to have recoverable health in the full game. :(

Gilbagz

Joker here~
doesnt open them up since there are better options, its just that i discovered what i should be doing when i get B3 or F3 mb punishes
Yeah its handy for someone match ups
E.g. Doomsday
Instead of mb-b3 for the punish, you can mbdc for a full combo into set ups.
With bane you can mb his charge and dash cancel for the punish, however for him I like to time a jump back so I land on him just as he recovers for the combo. Timing is strictish but its easy with practice.

Tragick

Legolas
lmao this post and wasted meter and THAT DAMAGE. dash block still may be best feature.
the superman video, cant u just b3 dash cancel instead of wasting meter? or is it not fast enough?

laudanum09

Darling
Yeah, using b3 or f3 as a SF4 style focus attack to burn through projectiles is good, why not if you can space it so that after a dash you get a free jump in punish? Seems legit, but of course matchup and spacing specific. When it boils down to tough matchups like Sinestro, having a spacing/punish guide include something like this seems reasonable.

EDIT: Why not use this thread as a guide for matchup specific MB F3/B3 punishes? I don't see what all the complaining is about. It's not really anything new, but its pretty simple to think of b3/f3 MB armor to be useful for punishing things you normally would not be able to. Of course using it to gain ground is stupid, but I don't really think anyone would even be thick enough to suggest that.

lmao this post and wasted meter and THAT DAMAGE. dash block still may be best feature.
the superman video, cant u just b3 dash cancel instead of wasting meter? or is it not fast enough?
My thinking is to safeguard against any wakeups --- so you can dash cancel on reaction, or let B3/F3 hit.

Definitely think there's some potential for both MB and non-MB dash cancel though.

Also, I can't believe the idea of Joker armoring-dashing through attacks like a mad man doesn't appeal to more folks...

EDIT: Why not use this thread as a guide for matchup specific MB F3/B3 punishes?
On that note:

Yeah its handy for someone match ups
E.g. Doomsday
Instead of mb-b3 for the punish, you can mbdc for a full combo into set ups.
With bane you can mb his charge and dash cancel for the punish, however for him I like to time a jump back so I land on him just as he recovers for the combo. Timing is strictish but its easy with practice.
That's dope. I'll start editing the OP with some of this additional info. I did some preliminary testing on characters I have difficulty with, but it would be cool to get more input on specific matchups/attacks. Keep it coming!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
It's a good idea up close for sure. I wouldn't use it from full screen, just play the block and dash game until you can close the gap. Against Sinestro the gun is actually decent for counter-zoning because he isn't one of the characters that ducks it constantly with animations. from jump/sweep distance though, this is a solid idea for getting that last dash in and getting a punish going. Good thinking man. I will say, though, that this is a showcase of how badly Joker lacks in certain ways... we have to waste a bar of meter on a b/f3 dash cancel to close gaps when other tunes have vastly better options, AND still have access to this same tech if they want because it's universal tech. Sigh :rolleyes: .