What's new

Video/Tutorial Armored MB Dash against zoners

Found some useful tech for closing the gap on zoning characters:

You absorb the damage (in this case minimal) and burn a meter, but you close the gap in a hurry. Three easy reads and you're in range for b2 (or bf3 if you're brave). It's ridiculously easy to make the read on reaction, especially for Sinestro.

You might think it wouldn't work against two-hit zoners, like Deathstroke (high and low guns). But actually, if you time it correctly, the dash will EVADE the second hit --- meaning you only absorb the first hit and you're safe from the second. I've only gotten this to work dashing BACKWARDS against non-MB high/low guns though, so I'm not sure you can ADVANCE with it. Pretty cool though!

There's more. If you use it on certain wakeups, like Superman's anti-air grab, you get a free crossup. I'll try to post a video of this, but basically: b3 (or f3) MB and dash cancel backwards or forwards (depending on your range) when you see the wakeup. You'll dash right underneath it and end up on the opposite side in position for an awesome 50/50 cross-up. TRY IT IN THE CORNER!

EDIT: Another use

Lots of potential I think. Here's the testing I've done so far.

Effective against:

Superman air grab (on wakeup)
Superman high zap
Grundy's walking corpse grab
Sinestro's boulder thing
Bane's shoulder charge
Flash's lightning charge
GL's air missile
BA's black magic

Not effective against*:

Superman lasers (if MB)
Deathstroke's high / low guns** (if MB)
Deathstroke's machine gun
GL's ground missile (if MB)
Sinestro's fear balls (if MB)

* Basically anything that hits more than twice.
** Unless someone can figure out if you can dash FORWARD and still dodge the second hit.

@StevoSuprem0
@laudanum09
@AK-Israel
@Jack White
@MetaSkipper
@Gilbagz
@Dr Jackal
@Comrade_Aleksey
@Gysbert
@Wild Card

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i don't know why you would waste a bar if you can just block it, especially from full screen where there is absolutely no benefit....what so ever. maybe within jump distance but.............

Yea, but Sinestro can zone you out forever. This puts the pressure back on him. You cover a LOT of ground with that dash. And the boulder is only 8% damage. You could either 1) block and stay at full screen, useless; 2) block and try to blindly dash or jump in, and get punished; or 3) take the 8% and get closer to beating him down, possibly cornering him if he's back-pedaling. Also that cross-up potential is really huge.

To me, it's better than getting zoned out and keeping all my meter ..

Yea, but Sinestro can zone you out forever. This puts the pressure back on him. You cover a LOT of ground with that dash. And the boulder is only 8% damage. You could either 1) block and stay at full screen, useless; 2) block and try to blindly dash or jump in, and get punished; or 3) take the 8% and get closer to beating him down, possibly cornering him if he's back-pedaling. Also that cross-up potential is really huge.

If he MB's his projectile you get hit out.

If he MB's his projectile you get hit out.
Depends on the projectile. Sinestro's boulders can't be meter burned if the first hit is absorbed. You just have to make the very easy read to figure out what's coming. Duck the fear balls, advance on the boulders. Same goes for BA's black magic: he can't meter burn if you absorb it, which means he can't punish ..takes away a huge part of his game, and again YOU CLOSE THE DISTANCE FAST. (BA is a harder read though.)

Zyphox

i don't think you play this game very much no offense, but have you seen the frame data on boulder? on block is SUPER negative, enough for you to stand block it, and dash up TWICE!!! unless sinestro has trait. you sir need to get in the lab and test stuff out before you post some very useless information, no offense. if you want to test it out inv a friend in an online practice session, then you use sinestro have him block it, dash twice, and you try to do fear ball after and see if he can block that. what you have shown here is a huge waste of meter and life.

i don't think you play this game very much no offense, but have you seen the frame data on boulder? on block is SUPER negative, enough for you to stand block it, and dash up TWICE!!! unless sinestro has trait. you sir need to get in the lab and test stuff out before you post some very useless information, no offense. if you want to test it out inv a friend in an online practice session, then you use sinestro have him block it, dash twice, and you try to do fear ball after and see if he can block that. what you have shown here is a huge waste of meter and life.

Whatever works for you, man.

Zyphox

Whatever works for you, man.
no what ever works for every situation, do you not understand that you waste a bar and lose 8% health, and build meter for sinestro? you need to block it, lose 2% chip and dash twice and you already did what you said in this video with far less consequences, like seriously do you not get that?

Using meter burn just to get in like that is not good.By the time you're in u can't get much damage.Mb rolling can when you're in is crucial to his gameplay.

Not bad, in fact thank you for this tech you found. Yes, expending a meter to close the gap does sound like a bit too much, but Joker builds meter so easy anyways.

Thanks for taking the time to figure out some tech. I'll try to put it in practice and see what I get.

EDIT: Hold up... MB B3 to get in? :( By then the other opponent is jumping his ass off to get to you... Previous statement applies- using MB to get in isnt so optimal, so I'd figure I'd only use this if I have quite a bit too much meter and just to mindf+*k them.

Sent from my Nintendo 64 using Tapatalk

Zyphox

Yo, did you guys read the rest of the post? Or just watch the video?
no i read your post, and nothing you found is new about it, what really grinds my gears is that you waste meter for this when you can simply block and dash TWICE!!!!!!!! to get in on sinestro, his only option from there is to shoot another fear ball which is also negative. also if he boulders you YOU CAN SHOOT HIM BACK!!!!!! you can punish boulder every single time with gun shot. with other characters just block and dash, no need to use meter, DS low shot? gun shot back and dash up, superman with his trait out makes this "tech" useless btw.

Against zoners u don't build meter fast enough cause you're trying to get in all the time.So jokers gun or gas cans are almost no good to use against good zoners.They way joker builds meter fast is his gun and cans and you're pretty much not using them cause remember where getting outzoned true or false.
Not bad, in fact thank you for this tech you found. Yes, expending a meter to close the gap does sound like a bit too much, but Joker builds meter so easy anyways.

Thanks for taking the time to figure out some tech. I'll try to put it in practice and see what I get.

EDIT: Hold up... MB B3 to get in? :( By then the other opponent is jumping his ass off to get to you... Previous statement applies- using MB to get in isnt so optimal, so I'd figure I'd only use this if I have quite a bit too much meter and just to mindf+*k them.

Sent from my Nintendo 64 using Tapatalk

no i read your post, and nothing you found is new about it, what really grinds my gears is that you waste meter for this when you can simply block and dash TWICE!!!!!!!! to get in on sinestro, his only option from there is to shoot another fear ball which is also negative. also if he boulders you YOU CAN SHOOT HIM BACK!!!!!! you can punish boulder every single time with gun shot. with other characters just block and dash, no need to use meter, DS low shot? gun shot back and dash up, superman with his trait out makes this "tech" useless btw.
Oil them gears down, bruh!

Should've titled the thread Armored MB Dash against zoners, wake-up, etc. There are other uses for the MB Dash, which I mention above, that are not in the video. If none of those strike you as worthwhile uses of meter, or even exploring this tactic, then peace, you've made your point. And I don't care.

Zyphox

Oil them gears down, bruh!

Should've titled the thread Armored MB Dash against zoners, wake-up, etc. There are other uses for the MB Dash, which I mention above, that are not in the video. If none of those strike you as worthwhile uses of meter, or even exploring this tactic, then peace, you've made your point. And I don't care.
we have known about meterburn dash since the demo.......... my gripe is against the zoning, its useless. everything else is already known....

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Zyphox, he did say for zoners overall, not just for Sinestro's boulder.

Now, I'm shielding myself already from all the douche McFags because I don't suck everyone's balls but...

PerrySenchals, this is great, but it's basic 101 day -5 injustice stuff.

You would probably just need to use this once or twice, in all honesty. You can still dash twice afterwards, and you actually get a bit of a head start because you don't suffer from block stun. Also, one bar for a 50/50 cross-up is a cool trade-off for me.

Zyphox

Zyphox, he did say for zoners overall, not just for Sinestro's boulder.

Now, I'm shielding myself already from all the douche McFags because I don't suck everyone's balls but...

PerrySenchals, this is great, but it's basic 101 day -5 injustice stuff.

yeah i know but i was just giving him an example on what he could do with the example he gave like using sinestro boulder, also i don't want some one to promote such a waste of meter tactic i guess, am trying to help out and i guess i just did it wrong. sorry OP just you arguing that this can be used legitimately unless under extreme circumstances got me ticked off, am sorry bro :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
im liking this because it gave me ideas that while completely irellevant to this subject give btter punishes on shit like banes charge and grundys walking corpse.